Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Most people grow up and make their way in life, as has Morrissey, racist losers live in squalid bedsits.
There are many other "Morrisseys" out there who never made it and lived and died lonely. Poets, writers, people who didn't make it in bands due to bad luck, no connections, shyness, not aligning with the right people etc.

I don't believe that all geniuses become famous. Some people don't even discover their talents.

Only very few artists emerge from the garret onto the metaphorical red carpet (as Moz was lucky enough to do).

There are many other "Morrisseys" out there who never made it and lived and died lonely. Poets, writers, people who didn't make it in bands due to bad luck, no connections, shyness, not aligning with the right people etc.

I don't believe that all geniuses become famous. Some people don't even discover their talents.

Only very few artists emerge from the garret onto the metaphorical red carpet (as Moz was lucky enough to do).
Narrator: reelfountain was, of course, referring to herself.

"Full many a gem of purest ray serene/the dark unfathomed caves of ocean bear. Full many a flower is born to blush unseen/and waste its sweetness on the desert air"

Thomas gray, elegy written in a country churchyard

(Ever heard of it Hovis???)

No, but there's nothing wrong with working hard and making the best of your time on the planet. I doubt Morrissey would give everything up to move back to a bedsit.
That’s probably how he perceives Beechmount these days.

No, but there's nothing wrong with working hard and making the best of your time on the planet. I doubt Morrissey would give everything up to move back to a bedsit.
Moz didn't have the "get on your bike" traditional Tory attitude to success (like you obviously have). He admitted that if the Smiths had failed he would have killed himself. In fact The Smiths was his last throw of the dice.

There was a chance that Morrissey's "band project"might not have made it so seamlessly. For example, imagine if he had not met Marr and twinned up with another Manc musician instead. Would that person have had the sheer business savvy and networking contacts that Marr had amassed? It could have all gone wrong (or taken a long time and thus been aborted) - and Moz would be an unknown suicide.

It's worth dwelling on these alternative possibilities. I have - in fact I do all the time.

Last edited:
Moz didn't have the "get on your bike" traditional Tory attitude to success (like you obviously have). He admitted that if the Smiths had failed he would have killed himself. In fact The Smiths was his last throw of the dice.

There was a chance that Morrissey's "band project"might not have made it so seamlessly. For example, imagine if he had not met Marr and twinned up with another Manc musician instead. Would that person have the sheer business savvy and networking contacts that Marr had amassed? It could have all gone wrong (or taken a long time and thus been aborted) - and Moz would be an unknown suicide.

It's worth dwelling on these alternative possibilities. I have - in fact I do all the time.

And what Tory attitude would that be? I took a massive gamble by packing my job in 30 years ago to set something up with my mate and we worked hard to make it a success. A few people on this site have made use of what we offer.

And what Tory attitude would that be? I took a massive gamble by packing my job in 30 years ago to set something up with my mate and we worked hard to make it a success. A few people on this site have made use of what we offer.
Well done. But luck played a part in your success - it's not all about effort. That's my point. A person can give their all and still not succeed. A traditional Tory would say "No, you didn't try hard enough" whereas a left winger would say "it's because you're disadvantaged - a woman, black, disabled, working class etc". Those are the two extremes. My opinion is somewhere in the middle.

You'll have someone like Noel Gallagher say "Oasis made it because we worked our arses off and were the best band out there". 'Best' is always subjective, but Oasis certainly didn't make it due to particularly hard work either. Noel had good contacts (he was an Inspiral Carpets friend and roadie and he lived with a woman in the music biz etc). The magic of luck plays a part in all success stories to one extent or another.

Aw, don't sell yourself short. You're much more racist than Morrissey is.

I reckon Reel has a memory problem, Morrissey would never in a million years spout the racist bile that she has on this site, she also threatened to take me out with an AK 47a while ago, which shows what a sad sac she is.

Back
Top Bottom