Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Curious: it now appears the paper Covid certificate is redundant before it has even been used.

‘The Prime Minister said relevant firms should show "social responsibility" and make use of the NHS Covid pass app, which shows proof of double vaccination, a recent negative test or natural immunity, as "a means of entry".’

It’s almost like the electronic app, which can track you, is the only ‘socially responsible’ way to prove vaccination.

Curious: it now appears the paper Covid certificate is redundant before it has even been used.

‘The Prime Minister said relevant firms should show "social responsibility" and make use of the NHS Covid pass app, which shows proof of double vaccination, a recent negative test or natural immunity, as "a means of entry".’

It’s almost like the electronic app, which can track you, is the only ‘socially responsible’ way to prove vaccination.
god, it's getting scary now.

god, it's getting scary now.
The pace of change is breathtaking: it’s only three weeks ago that Javid assured journalists that plans for a Covid passport scheme had been scrapped altogether. A couple of weeks ago, there was a suggestion that certain venues could ask to see your paper card. Then an NHS paper certificate overtook that. Now it seems the PM wants the app (only) to be the ‘certificate’.

The pace of change is breathtaking: it’s only three weeks ago that Javid assured journalists that plans for a Covid passport scheme had been scrapped altogether. A couple of weeks ago, there was a suggestion that certain venues could ask to see your paper card. Then an NHS paper certificate overtook that. Now it seems the PM wants the app (only) to be the ‘certificate’.

They'll say anything to anyone. It's going to be chaos.

Obviously I’m not one to be cynical (God forbid) but I’ve just heard the UK health secretary has Covid.

Some might point to how daft he must be (the comedy) others recognise the tragedy. I’d say the government is going for the latter narrative, as it represents the ‘ideal’ (ie the least stupid/daft/incredulous) background for acknowledging that the irreversible is going to be reversed before the former is even out of the blocks.

Against the increasingly farcical background, “If not now, when?” is a really significant statement, I’d say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously I’m not one to be cynical (God forbid) but I’ve just heard the UK health secretary has Covid.

Some might point to how daft he must be (the comedy) others recognise the tragedy. I’d say the government is going for the latter narrative, as it represents the ‘ideal’ (ie the least stupid/daft/incredulous) background for acknowledging that the irreversible is going to be reversed before the former is even out of the blocks.

Against the increasingly farcical background, “If not now, when?” Is a really significant statement, I’d say.
I read in the Daily Mail that 68% of adults in the UK have now had both jabs. Lump in those who have already had Covid and now have natural immunity my question is what percentage do you need to hit to reach herd immunity?

I read in the Daily Mail that 68% of adults in the UK have now had both jabs. Lump in those who have already had Covid and now have natural immunity my question is what percentage do you need to hit to reach herd immunity?
There seems to be a down playing of the AZ vaccine’s effectiveness, inasmuch as we are now increasingly told that many inoculated can still expect to get ill—though we’re assured it will slash the number of deaths.

There seems to be a down playing of the AZ vaccine’s effectiveness, inasmuch as we are now increasingly told that many inoculated can still expect to get ill—though we’re assured it will slash the number of deaths.
But I assume there has been some type of plan laid out? If say 80% of the adult population get vaccinated and lump in those that haven'[t but have already had the virus and thus have natural immunity, why would there be a need for any more lockdowns or even Covid passports? The goalposts all around the world seem to keep changing.

But I assume there has been some type of plan laid out? If say 80% of the adult population get vaccinated and lump in those that haven'[t but have already had the virus and thus have natural immunity, why would there be a need for any more lockdowns or even Covid passports? The goalposts all around the world seem to keep changing.
What is this thing you call a ‘plan’?

I'm sure I read somewhere that some of the Covid tests have been whacking out a huge number of false/positive results. I think somewhere in California had to readjust the number of positive Covid tests it had registered by the thousands. It's so hard to find this stuff though because it gets wiped from the net really quickly.

I'm sure I read somewhere that some of the Covid tests have been whacking out a huge number of false/positive results. I think somewhere in California had to readjust the number of positive Covid tests it had registered by the thousands. It's so hard to find this stuff though because it gets wiped from the net really quickly.
Kary Mullis the inventor of the PCR test.

Kary Mullis PhD : PCR Test Can Find "Almost Anything In Almost Anybody"

Kary Mullis: PCR is not a test. It's just a multiplication process.

“PCR basically takes a sample of your cells and amplifies any DNA to look for ‘viral sequences’, i.e. bits of non-human DNA that seem to match parts of a known viral genome. The problem is the test is known not to work. It uses ‘amplification’ which means taking a very very tiny amount of DNA and growing it exponentially until it can be analysed. Obviously any minute contaminations in the sample will also be amplified leading to potentially gross errors of discovery. Additionally, it’s only looking for partial viral sequences, not whole genomes, so identifying a single pathogen is next to impossible even if you ignore the other issues.The idea these kits can isolate a specific virus like COVID-19 is nonsense.”

The above quote isn't from Mullis. He died in 2019.

I went to get my hair cut today and though the masks 🎭 were not mandatory (apart from a couple of clients and all the staff) others were still wearing them. In this heat? People seem scared, scared of death. As if before this virus they thought they would dodge death. It’s ridiculous

We'll never get herd immunity - but once we're all vaccinated, it'll be less serious. So we can live with it.

Two coworkers contracted delta despite being double-vaxxed, one of them was admitted to hospital. I tried again, but hell, to no avail...
20210722_171357_copy_640x1053~2.jpg

This hotgen test is really awful with its fat swab. What sort of peeps have such big noses? Defo not the Chinese, I would assume with my limited knowledge of their physique, and maybe they also have some preconceived notions about European noses...?

The vaxxed folks are the real danger at the moment coz they no longer have to test themselves regularly despite of course spreading the virus nevertheless in case of contraction. Why dont they have to test? Coz it is cheaper for the employers, and bc it is advertised as one of the "great benefits" of being vaxxed. What a relief!! What a gift!! Rejoice! Let's have a party or orgy!

It's pretty straightforward: If you are vaccinated, you likely will not die from any of the COVID variants. You have around 99% protection from death.

If you aren't, and contract the Delta variant, your risk of death goes way up.

I, for one, am relieved to be back to (mostly) normal. For me this means, plenty of dinners with interesting people and shopping excursions in Beverly Hills - aka my safe space.

Back
Top Bottom