Is it racist?

The Chameleon

#KingGamma
This thread is for discussion and education. Hopefully we will be able to learn from each other. My intention is not to declare something "racist" or "not racist" but to invite people to share their views and ask that we respect each other even if we disagree. Reading an argument by a person with a different perspective might not change your mind but if you can have a better understanding of how they see things maybe you can respect their opinion and understand your own thought process better.
This thread is NOT an invitation to post blatantly racist material.

A Facebook friend of mine posted this. I wonder if you feel it is racist. If not racist how would you describe it? Is it funny? Can something be funny and racist? What do you think?
1587212472766.png

Life has rare turns: now we all must use burqas but not because of Muslims. Isn't it strange?

Is it racist? :unsure:

:rolleyes:

FC I take it all your 'FB' are bots.
but first things first maybe finding food not from 7-11
or from the dollar store,where MiniMao dines.
dont you have a korean grocery nearby where you can shop
without becoming 'racist'.:)

This thread is for discussion and education. Hopefully we will be able to learn from each other. My intention is not to declare something "racist" or "not racist" but to invite people to share their views and ask that we respect each other even if we disagree. Reading an argument by a person with a different perspective might not change your mind but if you can have a better understanding of how they see things maybe you can respect their opinion and understand your own thought process better.
This thread is NOT an invitation to post blatantly racist material.

A Facebook friend of mine posted this. I wonder if you feel it is racist. If not racist how would you describe it? Is it funny? Can something be funny and racist? What do you think?
View attachment 55976
Ok Dave. I will assume you have started this thread with the best of intentions so I'll give it a go, yes i laughed at that, because its, making fun of a cultural stereotype.

Lets say someone posted a photo of a merino sheep and said, this is know as a merino, or in NZ as a hot date on a Saturday night, i would laugh at that too because people are having fun with a cultural sterotype.

Maybe others see it diffetently, im sure they do.

Ok Dave. I will assume you have started this thread with the best of intentions so I'll give it a go, yes i laughed at that, because its, making fun of a cultural stereotype.

Lets say someone posted a photo of a merino sheep and said, this is know as a merino, or in NZ as a hot date on a Saturday night, i would laugh at that too because people are having fun with a cultural sterotype.

Maybe others see it diffetently, im sure they do.

Is this funny?
CA9CE783-00E9-4D3E-BE8A-7163E8161F77.jpeg

Is it racist that when Dave wrote his story about confronting a homeless man outside his "house" he made sure to mention that he was black, but when he wrote his story about confronting two drug users outside an AM/PM he didn't mention their race at all which presumably means that they were white?

#Racist #DaveIsARacist #RacistDave

Is it racist that when Dave wrote his story about confronting a homeless man outside his "house" he made sure to mention that he was black, but when he wrote his story about confronting two drug users outside an AM/PM he didn't mention their race at all which presumably means that they were white?

Hmmm.
?

I didn't confront the people outside AM/PM. They were blocking the sidewalk and when I tried to mind my own business and walk around them the woman asked me for money.
The black guy outside my house was black. I'm sorry if you think that is racist. You should probably talk to his parents about it.

I didn't confront the people outside AM/PM. They were blocking the sidewalk and when I tried to mind my own business and walk around them the woman asked me for money.
The black guy outside my house was black. I'm sorry if you think that is racist. You should probably talk to his parents about it.

“Sir. Why is your son black?”

Tags
discussion humor? racism
Back
Top Bottom