Is "Wide to Receive" Moz's most homoerotic song?

So they are "entirely open to interpretation" but only as long as those interpretations fit into your heterosexual worldview.
Got it. I'm sure Morrissey would approve of this.
As I said missing the point, my first post says the songs are just about sex not sexual preferences, the songs are not obviously 'gay' in any way but open to interpretation whether you're straight or gay. I as a 16 year old heard them from my perspective and you did the same from yours.
I don't recall asking for Moz's approval on a forum conversation, why would I ?

you perv.

;)

LOL... I can't be the only one who sees it!!!

self-suck-encouragement-own-cum-2.jpg

LOL... I can't be the only one who sees it!!!

Wasn't even looking there.. I thought the whole point of the photo was the microphone position...

Wasn't even looking there.. I thought the whole point of the photo was the microphone position...
It's both. If you zoom out a little it becomes more obvious, I never noticed on the actual LP sleeve.

I've never thought about which song is his most (homo)erotic, because all of his songs are very gay and many are very erotic.

I think there's so much innuendo especially in his early Smiths lyrics, as has been mentioned. From meeting someone who's in need of "self-validation" behind the railway station ("It's all over my face...") and getting "something that I won't forget too soon" behind the dis-used railway line, to slapping and "pinning" on the patio, to the icy cold hands conducting their way and swaying juvenile impulses of Stretch Out And Wait, there's always been a lot of sex in his lyrics.

Wide To Receive is a great song, beautifully sung and the lyrics are very clever and open to interpretation while at the same time very blunt.
Surely the line sung at the end of I Want The One I Can't Have..."It's all over my face" is just reiterating the point of the song title about wanting a particular sexual partner but the frustration of NOT pulling that person is indeed written all over my face? It's all about an individual's unrequited lust.

It's both. If you zoom out a little it becomes more obvious, I never noticed on the actual LP sleeve.

Think that's a bit far-fetched, personally. I noticed the 'microphone penis' straight away but not the upper body, he always looked like he was wiping his nose.

Surely the line sung at the end of I Want The One I Can't Have..."It's all over my face" is just reiterating the point of the song title about wanting a particular sexual partner but the frustration of NOT pulling that person is indeed written all over my face? It's all about an individual's unrequited lust.

I thought so too - given that he sings "written all my face" in the earlier verse.

Think that's a bit far-fetched, personally. I noticed the 'microphone penis' straight away but not the upper body, he always looked like he was wiping his nose.
Before noticing the other angle I always thought it looked like he was licking ice cream.
The upper body/arm might me a coincidence, but I know quite a few people who have noticed it.

No, it's true politi. When it comes to food, Morrissey is not very adventurous. I always remember reading that he was virtually living on muesli and yoghurt. That's what he said. I imagined this clean living celibate living on muesli and yoghurt in some ivory tower somewhere, and it was something so divorced from us living on chips and beans. That's why i'm very slightly upset with him now. If he'd stayed on muesli and yoghurt he'd look a damn sight better than he does now. I find it hard sometimes to forgive him for getting fat. That's his Northern class roots showing through. He's become a star, but before all that he's rooted in the North and Manchester. He's never quite managed to escape that and I don't know whether he particularly wants to. He's being true to coming from the North West. He's become a star, but he's still so firmly rooted in the North of England.

Is he fat? He looks fine.

Morrissey reminds me of my friend at work. He had an almost puerile fascination with gay sex and gay culture. It fascinated him. I was a curiosity. He liked the whole idea of it, but it was never his thing. He used to make all these risqué innuendos and he loved the whole idea of it because it was so liberating for him. He ran 10 miles every dinner time. Lanky 6 footer. But I don't believe he was ever gay. He married a woman 13 years younger than him who he used to run with. They had children and then it turned sour and things went wrong. He was (is) the salt of the earth, but I saw him change for a while. You don't imagine an athletic vegan with high principals to have a darker side. Why is it you can't ever imagine athletes being anything other than virtuous? You never associate athleticism with rancour. It's always been a very worthy pursuit in my book, and terribly middle class, and hence, unthreatening. I love men like that, who don't have a bad bone in their body. Who don't know how to be nasty. Some women call them wimps. Hes just a very gentle man. You're at ease with him as soon as you meet him. He emanates conviviality. You could easily take advantage of his good nature and his reluctance, nay, inability to cause chagrin. That's where you have a duty to cherish people of such good nature, I think, and constantly check yourself in order to not take advantage.
vbqCGUv.jpg

And when he said "mammary glands", he meant "books"... :ROFLMAO:

I don't think the choice of the image was accidental.

R-8608040-1465040890-5744.jpeg.jpg

Then again, it's surely my favourite album cover.
pointless even giving you this info as your blinkered.

Back
Top Bottom