Is "Wide to Receive" Moz's most homoerotic song?

Then he motions to me
With his hand on my knee
Dear God, did this kind of thing happen to you?
Now I'm spreading your legs
With mine in-between
Dear God, if I could I would help you

A lot of songs are related to homosexuality (and not really "humansexuality").
I understood his "I'm not sorry" that way the first time I've head it and I still think of it that way:

"The woman of my dreams, Well, There never was one
And I'm, Not sorry for, For the things I've said
There's a wild man in my head,"

i.e, "There isn't a woman in my dreams, there's a man".

But his was already doing it in his early solo times... Picadilly Palare can be considered a song about being gay.
Other than that, you'll find homophobic idiots here, which simply means that people are stupid... in most cases you can simply pretend that they don't exist because discussions with some people simple lead to... I don't know where, but probably not any interesting place!
Out of interest do you think the original post was well worded or foul mouthed and divisive. I've never had a problem with folk no matter what their preference is but H/Boy does not come across as a pleasant individual, he's not a Morrissey fan and his choice of language is terrible.
I'm the 'anonymous' that called him out on his intention to create another sleazy thread, it's all he does.

You need to remember the time in which the song was written. The internet/information era had left the realm of the geek in the bedroom and entered everyday life for the first time. People were embracing the online life. They were available suddenly, at the touch of a button.

The song reflected that. Wide to Receive is his rejection of the new world as he saw it. The world is suddenly connected and the protagonist of the song, presumably Morrissey himself, is saying that it hasn't offered anything to him. At least not yet.

I've always thought this song is a classic, it's absolutely gorgeous, Morrissey at his purest. It's a very erotic song (I see it more as submissive than entirely gay, but that's all subjective!), but it's also incredibly perceptive about the loneliness of the online space. The fact that the internet has enabled us all to "connect" but has only heightened, for a lot of people, how lonely we really are. Just a beautiful song.

Pin and mount me like a butterfly

Out of interest do you think the original post was well worded or foul mouthed and divisive. I've never had a problem with folk no matter what their preference is but H/Boy does not come across as a pleasant individual, he's not a Morrissey fan and his choice of language is terrible.
I'm the 'anonymous' that called him out on his intention to create another sleazy thread, it's all he does.

Really? As if most on this site ISN’T vulgar but apparently it’s a problem when I am..

I’m unpleasant because I don’t like Moz behavior and not kneel before his very eyes, I may not be a fan but I certainly like his music for an the thousand time..

I must of really pissed you off in the prince thread..💀

Last edited:
Morrissey has loads of songs about bottom sex.

"I entered nothing, and nothing entered me
'Til you came with the key
And you did your best butt..."

And that anonymous is also exaggerating on my thread making, this is only my 3rd thread I’ve made.

I find ALL his songs homoerotic now, in retrospect, but for the longest time I though he was very eager to receive something through the POST.
True story, bro.
Does Postman Pat always ring twice?
Only Jake could have told us. (And no, he didn't.)

To me you are a work of art
And I would give you my arse
(That's if I had one)

Warning: Homophobic rats including you GERM, if it's to much for your fragile minds to handle, kindly don't post...

The reason I ask because following an recent re-listen of one of Moz's least acclaimed albums "Maladjusted" and I always found "Wide To Receive" intriguing because of it's coy but very obvious lyrics of Moz basically getting or wanting to get well.. if I want to be blunt, "f***ed"

Because I'm lying here
Wide to receive
Almost anything
You'd care to give

Now this is his most homoerotic song or is there more I'm missing?

Handsome Devil, surely?

Handsome Devil, surely?
I am ashamed to say that - despite the entire song absolutely dripping with not-even-slightly hidden sexual imagery and innuendo - it wasn't until a couple of years back that I realised the line "Let me get your head" actually referred to oral sex. I'm far too much of a prude for my own good. :oops:

I am ashamed to say that - despite the entire song absolutely dripping with not-even-slightly hidden sexual imagery and innuendo - it wasn't until a couple of years back that I realised the line "Let me get your head" actually referred to oral sex. I'm far too much of a prude for my own good. :oops:

It's "let me get my hands...(on your mammary glands)'' actually.

I don't really see it as divisive.
I am unable to know if he likes Morrissey or not (and I don't think I care).
Other than that, Morrissey willingly left playful references to same sex relationships from different points of view (sexual, romantic, etc.) all over his discography... I don't think it is divisive.
There's no need to have a huge imagination to see a reference to a fellatio in the cover image of Your Arsenal....
I think Morrissey is very playful and enjoys throwing a reference to gay sex and then he likes to play the fool and hide it under layers of different cultural references that may go from James Dean to whatever he has in mind.

Anyway, it's funny that he managed to keep people asking the same question since 1983... he knows his game and he is the best!

A lot of songs are related to homosexuality (and not really "humansexuality").
I understood his "I'm not sorry" that way the first time I've head it and I still think of it that way:

"The woman of my dreams, Well, There never was one
And I'm, Not sorry for, For the things I've said
There's a wild man in my head,"

i.e, "There isn't a woman in my dreams, there's a man".

But his was already doing it in his early solo times... Picadilly Palare can be considered a song about being gay.
Other than that, you'll find homophobic idiots here, which simply means that people are stupid... in most cases you can simply pretend that they don't exist because discussions with some people simple lead to... I don't know where, but probably not any interesting place!
the wild man in my head is depression,he said so in an interview which should be easy to find once you exit here.

It's "let me get my hands...(on your mammary glands)'' actually.
And the verse goes on "And let me get your head on the conjugal bed", actually.
And that line is totally about oral sex.

Handsome Devil is a filthy little song, it's a strike of genius.

Back
Top Bottom