It’s not about politics

I'm reading he might go down for forty years. Tough but fair. It won't stop police shooting first and not bothering to ask any questions but perhaps it's a start.
It might slake some thirst for revenge. But ultimately is it not the worst result? It pretty much alleviates the police department itself of any responsibility.

It might slake some thirst for revenge. But ultimately is it not the worst result? It pretty much alleviates the police department itself of any responsibility.
unfortunately, justice isnt about slaking thirst for revenge. those jurors were intimidated. simple as. in a way i dont suppose it matters because derek chauvin probably wouldnt have had much of a life on the outside.

So wanting someone who murders another human being to be appropriately punished is 'thirst for revenge?' Really?

I'm reading he might go down for forty years. Tough but fair. It won't stop police shooting first and not bothering to ask any questions but perhaps it's a start.
oh you mean like in the michael brown case?

america is the most heavily armed country in the world. it's not like in the UK. you cant blame cops in the US for pulling the trigger when they're dealing with people exhibiting erratic behaviour. a second too late and the cops are the ones getting shot.

unfortunately, justice isnt about slaking thirst for revenge. those jurors were intimidated. simple as.
If you're not too busy, if you could post some credible evidence to back up that assertion I'd be tremendously grateful.

So wanting someone who murders another human being to be appropriately punished is 'thirst for revenge?' Really?
Yes. What else does it achieve? He’s certainly not going to be ‘rehabilitated’. And the issue of policing in America, gets off the hook. Again.

If you're not too busy, if you could post some credible evidence to back up that assertion I'd be tremendously grateful.
they were doxed by the new york times. the use of force expert who testified at the trial had pigs blood smeared on his door. maxine waters who should be imprisoned herself said that if he wasnt found "guilty guilty guilty" they would have to take to the streets and become "more active" and "more confrontational" which the jurors had heard so that the judge even had to address it in the court room.

they were doxed by the new york times. the use of force expert who testified at the trial had pigs blood smeared on his door. maxine waters who should be imprisoned herself said that if he wasnt found "guilty guilty guilty" they would have to take to the streets and become "more active" and "more confrontational" which the jurors had heard so that the judge even had to address it in the court room.
So not really intimidated then? You've done your usual trick of just throwing together a few random bits of information and hoping some of it might stick together and look like an argument.

Yes. What else does it achieve? He’s certainly not going to be ‘rehabilitated’. And the issue of policing in America, gets off the hook. Again.
Ian Brady was never going to be 'rehabiliated.' By your rather twisted view of justice I guess he should have been let out? But who are you to say whether or not Chauvin will be rehabilitated?

Ian Brady was never going to be 'rehabiliated.' By your rather twisted view of justice I guess he should have been let out? But who are you to say whether or not Chauvin will be rehabilitated?
The thirst for revenge, in Manchester, was somewhat slaked by Brady’s imprisonment. The purpose was served.

I can't imagine what point you're trying to make.
"It might slake some thirst for revenge." Most people call a murder conviction justice and not revenge.
"But ultimately is it not the worst result?" Compared to what? What do you believe the best result would be?
"It pretty much alleviates the the police department itself of any responsibility." It seems like you're saying that the police department should be held responsible and that by one individual officer being held responsible they are being let off the hook. I don't think that's true. There has already been a financial settlement. Seeing police convicted of the crimes they commit while on duty is very rare. This sends a message to every police officer that they are not above the law. It's not about just this one officer and this one incident.

I can't imagine what point you're trying to make.
"It might slake some thirst for revenge." Most people call a murder conviction justice and not revenge.
"But ultimately is it not the worst result?" Compared to what? What do you believe the best result would be?
"It pretty much alleviates the the police department itself of any responsibility." It seems like you're saying that the police department should be held responsible and that by one individual officer being held responsible they are being let off the hook. I don't think that's true. There has already been a financial settlement. Seeing police convicted of the crimes they commit while on duty is very rare. This sends a message to every police officer that they are not above the law. It's not about just this one officer and this one incident.
i guess you're not a police officer so you cant possibly understand how much stress one would be under when dealing with someone who might possibly have a gun and be ready and willing to use it on you.

george floyd was a big guy (and super rebarbative). he wouldnt get in the cop car. how else were they supposed to subdue him while waiting for the ambulance? clearly since they had called an ambulance derek chauvin wasnt trying to murder him.

The thirst for revenge, in Manchester, was somewhat slaked by Brady’s imprisonment. The purpose was served.
the idea of punishment is for the wrong doer to atone and to learn from his actions. it is as much for the sake of the character of the wrong doer as it is for the victim--or at least that's how it should be in a healthy society. revenge should have nothing to do with atonement.

Back
Top Bottom