It’s not about politics

but it isnt my desire to rob you of your comforting myths about yourself. forgive me.

:rolleyes:

BGVelcro only understands stupidities. like skinny being savior of the
women who have penis interlopers amongst them:lbf:

🥷 < skinny on his way to the womens shower to protect them from interlopers with penises:)

BGV and radish in HQ giving skinny information about the blueprints like if it was a nutter Mission Impossible.:lbf:

I was surprised Chauvin was found guilty of all charges - my Dad was watching the trial live & said there was evidence he wouldn't even move when the paramedic asked him to & it sounded like a man who enjoyed the power & felt the badge gave him impunity.

Dad thinks it's the right verdict & he's not the blood thirsty type.

There's going to be an inquiry into policing in the state so hopefully some good will come of it.

:rolleyes:

your dad???:straightface:
thats a new element.o_O
previoulsy there was no 'dad' up in the Glasgow flat. Nothing but furniture and gin.:blushing:

I was surprised Chauvin was found guilty of all charges - my Dad was watching the trial live & said there was evidence he wouldn't even move when the paramedic asked him to & it sounded like a man who enjoyed the power & felt the badge gave him impunity.

Dad thinks it's the right verdict & he's not the blood thirsty type.

There's going to be an inquiry into policing in the state so hopefully some good will come of it.
But there are so many police officers who operate with apparent impunity. That sometimes it’s possible to meet a police man/woman who appears half human demonstrates that it’s not an inevitability of the role.

And I think it’s unlikely that Chauvin was suddenly seized by a power trip: I suspect these aspects of his character were perceived as desirable, to be nurtured and in some sense protected—for much of his career.

The whole thing is a tragic mess—complicated, for me, by an invitation to ‘celebrate’ from a work colleague this afternoon. Initially, I thought they must be speaking about the football.

Strange day. I had read people’s negativity about Morrissey just to restore a sense of normality.

But there are so many police officers who operate with apparent impunity. That sometimes it’s possible to meet a police man/woman who appears half human demonstrates that it’s not an inevitability of the role.

And I think it’s unlikely that Chauvin was suddenly seized by a power trip: I suspect these aspects of his character were perceived as desirable, to be nurtured and in some sense protected—for much of his career.

The whole thing is a tragic mess—complicated, for me, by an invitation to ‘celebrate’ from a work colleague this afternoon. Initially, I thought they must be speaking about the football.

Strange day. I had read people’s negativity about Morrissey just to restore a sense of normality.

Gloating is unpleasant, but it doesn't mean there's been an injustice. He wasn't in fear of his life & it wasn't a split second decision.

Camden flat, 3 flatmates, spare room is digs.

Family home outside of Glasgow - phoned my Dad.

There is gin & furniture in both locations.

Camdens a great place, prior to the pandemic I used to stay in the Holiday Inn there from time to time and walk through Regents Park to our office on Great Portland Street.

Camdens a great place, prior to the pandemic I used to stay in the Holiday Inn there from time to time and walk through Regents Park to our office on Great Portland Street.

Yeah, it's a fabulous place. I can't imagine how I'll ever earn enough to buy a house though. I think we've all convinced ourselves we'll sell a novel to Hollywood even though we haven't written one.

well, now its 3 flatmates, making a grand total of 4 55 yr old flatmates:straightface:
i take all on the dole:blushing:
and a family farm outside Glasgow:confused:
outside where, the cul de sac? dad wouldnt be a so called 'protector of women who
are accosted by interlopers with penis?" would he?:blushing:

o_O
sleeping in your hooptie in front of the holiday inn is not 'staying IN the holiday inn.':blushing:

Yeah, it's a fabulous place. I can't imagine how I'll ever earn enough to buy a house though. I think we've all convinced ourselves we'll sell a novel to Hollywood even though we haven't written one.
You're still young and you never know what's around the corner. I left school and became an apprentice in the building trade. I then set up a building company with my mate and we have made it a great success (even though at one precarious point we had £200 quid between us)

You're still young and you never know what's around the corner. I left school and became an apprentice in the building trade. I then set up a building company with my mate and we have made it a great success (even though at one precarious point we had £200 quid between us)

That's hopeful !! Thanks Surface.

Gloating is unpleasant, but it doesn't mean there's been an injustice. He wasn't in fear of his life & it wasn't a split second decision.
The bigger point I’m trying to make is that there’s a perception, furthered by the verdict, that this policeman was ‘rogue’. I suspect he was thoroughly on-message.

Back
Top Bottom