It’s not about politics

Yes, I've seen it. It was a huge story.
As big as George Floyd? As big as Breonna Taylor? As big as Michael Brown? Do you think the story would've become a global phenomenon on a par with George Floyd if the victim was black?

As big as George Floyd? As big as Breonna Taylor? As big as Michael Brown? Do you think the story would've become a global phenomenon on a par with George Floyd if the victim was black?

It was as a big a news story.

It didn't trigger anything else because the community he lived in doesn't feel targeted by the police & not enough Americans are horrified that incompetent psychopaths are allowed to execute drunk citizens if their pants fall down.

It didn't trigger anything else because the community he lived in doesn't feel targeted by the police & not enough Americans are horrified that incompetent psychopaths are allowed to execute drunk citizens if their pants fall down.
I don't remember hearing this story. I wonder if John Lennon was still alive what he would make of it.

I mean, it was very obviously not as big a news story. But your second second sentence explains why.

bhops surely finds this detail negligible when it is, of course, the foundation of the entire thing.

I mean, it was very obviously not as big a news story. But your second second sentence explains why.

bhops surely finds this detail negligible when it is, of course, the foundation of the entire thing.

I meant the original story was as big - but it didn't roll on into new stories.

Bullshit, absolute and utter bullshit.

It was on the UK's main news outlets. The video surfaced after the Vegas shooting. We were chatting about it & we're not American.
If you think this wax as big a story or covered with as much fervour as the Floyd George murder you’re utterly delusional

If you think this wax as big a story or covered with as much fervour as the Floyd George murder you’re utterly delusional

I don't think you understand what rolling news is.

You have the initial story.

Then you have follow up stories.

The stories will run for as long as new angles can be found.

So - the initial story was big.

But it didn't roll.

I don't think you understand what rolling news is.

You have the initial story.

Then you have follow up stories.

The stories will run for as long as new angles can be found.

So - the initial story was big.

But it didn't roll.
If he’d have been black it would’ve rolled alright. It would still be rolling to this day. Don Lemon would be tearing up every time it was mentioned.

If he’d have been black it would’ve rolled alright. It would still be rolling to this day. Don Lemon would be tearing up every time it was mentioned.

People saw the story. They had the opportunity to campaign for any issue arising from it.

They didn't do it.

People saw the story. They had the opportunity to campaign for any issue arising from it.

They didn't do it.
I’m not talking about the people. Never have, I was always discussing the difference in media coverage. And it is vast.

She didn't say it was "as big as." She didn't say it was "covered with as much fervour as."
She did mention that it happened around the time of the Vegas massacre.

But what is your real point? You believe that the police didn't murder George Floyd, (whose death you've been harassed about so much but you still can't get his name right) but you apparently believe they did murder Daniel Shaver?

The media has to have stuff to cover.

The widow has been in the news recently.

I guess we’ll disagree then, because I’m damn sure that had he been black it would’ve gained far far far more coverage. Networks would’ve been in this wall to wall for weeks. It certainly wasn’t covered to the same degree.

You know the cop got off for this. In a way it’s lucky be shot a white dude because if the victim was black he’d be sharing a cell with Chauvin, which is where he deserves to be.

I guess we’ll disagree then, because I’m damn sure that had he been black it would’ve gained far far far more coverage. Networks would’ve been in this wall to wall for weeks. It certainly wasn’t covered to the same degree.

You know the cop got off for this. In a way it’s lucky be shot a white dude because if the victim was black he’d be sharing a cell with Chauvin, which is where he deserves to be.
But you were gloating when you thought things were going well for Chauvin. Do you now think he deserves to be in a cell?

What would they have put in their wall to wall coverage?

What would they have put in their wall to wall coverage?
That a black man was shot at point black range by a white cop, the video would’ve received as many plays as the George Floyd, if not more as in many ways it’s more graphic.

Back
Top Bottom