It’s not about politics

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
  • A grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g. exaggerating achievements and talents, expecting to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
“I used to be a rock star!”
  • Preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
To reelfountain: “If we ever met, you would be pregnant within 15 minutes.”
  • Believing that they are "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
“You guys might not like me but one time Morrissey hit on me and I once partied with Damon Album!”
  • Requiring excessive admiration
Yep, yep, yep.
  • A sense of entitlement (unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with their expectations)
“I pull more weight around here than you!”
  • Being interpersonally exploitative (taking advantage of others to achieve their own ends)
I don’t know anything about your personal life and have no reason to believe anything you say about it but I imagine you spend all your time on here because you burned all your bridges irl.
  • Lacking empathy: unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
Mmmmmmhmmmmmm....
  • Often being envious of others or believing that others are envious of them
Probably the root of your obsession with me.
  • Showing arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
See every Verso post.

:handpointup:

BGV and radish to a t.:hammer:
'first thing joni mitchell said was that i looked 'hotter' than MiniMao':)
'im an university troll':crazy:

I hate to burst your bubble because it's obvious that you're enjoying playing the resident psychoanalyst, but all of these are way more applicable to you than to me.
That’s the narcissistic injury playing up again. Go for a lie down kid.

Are you alright, Hovis? You seem really unwell lately. Are you drunk? Did your kids find out that you spend all day high-fiving nazis on a Morrissey fan forum?
They’re actually amazed I give you the time of day kid. But you’re good for the forbearance class.

:highfive:

:handpointup:

BGV and radish to a t.:hammer:
'first thing joni mitchell said was that i looked 'hotter' than MiniMao':)
'im an university troll':crazy:

Funny thing about sociopaths as that within any given community, sociopaths will figure out who the other sociopaths are and team up.
In a way, this counter-intuitive as you think if you got two people who both thought they were the greatest, most wonderful, and most perfect person in the world and put them in the same place that they would immediately start butting heads over who was more greater, more wonderful, and more perfect than who. But no. They always team up.

Sometimes one will emerge as the Alpha Sociopath of the group and the others will defer to that guy if he clearly has the most power, status, or ability. But you rarely see any sociopath on sociopath drama.
That’s the narcissistic injury playing up again. Go for a lie down kid.

For the lurkers out there
Narcissistic rage is a psychological construct that describes a reaction to narcissistic injury, which is conceptualized as a perceived threat to a narcissist's self-esteem or self-worth. Narcissistic injury (or narcissistic scar) is a phrase used by Sigmund Freud in the 1920s; narcissistic wound and narcissistic blow are further, almost interchangeable terms. The term narcissistic rage was coined by Heinz Kohut in 1972.”

He also engages in a lot of devaluing which a narcissistic defense mechanism:

Psychoanalytic theory posits that an individual unable to integrate difficult feelings mobilizes specific defenses to overcome these feelings, which the individual perceives to be unbearable. The defense that effects this process is called splitting. Splitting is the tendency to view events or people as either all bad or all good.[1] When viewing people as all good, the individual is said to be using the defense mechanism idealization: a mental mechanism in which the person attributes exaggeratedly positive qualities to the self or others. When viewing people as all bad, the individual employs devaluation: attributing exaggeratedly negative qualities to the self or others.”

Funny thing about sociopaths as that within any given community, sociopaths will figure out who the other sociopaths are and team up.
In a way, this counter-intuitive as you think if you got two people who both thought they were the greatest, most wonderful, and most perfect person in the world and put them in the same place that they would immediately start butting heads over who was more greater, more wonderful, and more perfect than who. But no. They always team up.

Sometimes one will emerge as the Alpha Sociopath of the group and the others will defer to that guy if he clearly has the most power, status, or ability. But you rarely see any sociopath on sociopath drama.

For the lurkers out there
Narcissistic rage is a psychological construct that describes a reaction to narcissistic injury, which is conceptualized as a perceived threat to a narcissist's self-esteem or self-worth. Narcissistic injury (or narcissistic scar) is a phrase used by Sigmund Freud in the 1920s; narcissistic wound and narcissistic blow are further, almost interchangeable terms. The term narcissistic rage was coined by Heinz Kohut in 1972.”

He also engages in a lot of devaluing which a narcissistic defense mechanism:

Psychoanalytic theory posits that an individual unable to integrate difficult feelings mobilizes specific defenses to overcome these feelings, which the individual perceives to be unbearable. The defense that effects this process is called splitting. Splitting is the tendency to view events or people as either all bad or all good.[1] When viewing people as all good, the individual is said to be using the defense mechanism idealization: a mental mechanism in which the person attributes exaggeratedly positive qualities to the self or others. When viewing people as all bad, the individual employs devaluation: attributing exaggeratedly negative qualities to the self or others.”

A little hypocritical to be leaning on Jewish intellect to prop up your half-cocked theories, no?

The ex-student Radis Noir has been desperately flailing around for over a month, attempting to cobble together a successful pun on my screen name. So far during his brainstorming he has landed upon "Born of Herring", "Bored of Herring", and "Boy Herring", and answers on a postcard for what any of that is supposed to mean. I mean, for the love of God, could it get any worse than that? I'm reminded of when some long forgotten ex-poster whose name I've forgotten (just like we'll all forget Radis Noir's name soon enough) kept referring to BrummieBoy as 'BroomBoy'. Its terribly sad when criminally unfunny people try their best to come up with witty puns: they've seen others do it and they think they can do it too. And we see the result: "hey the word 'harangue' sort of sounds like the name of a fish, that's what I'll call him, it'll tear the house down". What's next, Burned Herring? Board of Haringey? Airborne Keith Haring? I could give you three or four puns that might actually hit the mark but I'm not going to make it that easy for you by coming up with puns on my own name for you to use. So instead of thinking of nonsensical puns and trying to appear clever by using big words that don't appear in any dictionary like "neurasthene", and misusing words like 'anility', why don't you give your ol' bonce a rest and stick to what you're best at which is convincing yourself of things like this:

20210515_215217.jpg

Nice “I know you are but what am I?” comeback. Or was that “I’m rubber and you’re glue”? I dunno. Kindergarten was a long time ago for me.
Well it's a valid point to make that what you accuse others of, you are equally guilty. In fact, your apparent lack of self-awareness is almost as amusing as your inability to make online psychiatric assessments.

The ex-student Radis Noir has been desperately flailing around for over a month, attempting to come up with a pun on my screen name. So far he has come up with "Born of Herring", "Bored of Herring", and "Boy Herring", and answers on a postcard for what any of that is supposed to mean. I mean, for the love of God, could it get any worse than that? I'm reminded of when some long forgotten ex-poster whose name I've forgotten (just like we'll all forget Radis Noir's name soon enough) kept referring to BrummieBoy as 'BroomBoy'. Its terribly sad when criminally unfunny people try their best to come up with witty puns: they've seen others do it and they think they can do it too. And we see the result: "hey the word 'harangue' sort of sounds like the name of a fish, that's what I'll call him, it'll tear the house down". What's next, Burned Herring? Board of Haringey? Airborne Keith Haring? I could give you three or four puns that might actually hit the mark but I'm not going to make it that easy for you by coming up with puns on my own name for you to use. So instead of thinking of nonsensical puns and trying to appear clever by using big words that don't appear in any dictionary like "neurasthene", and misusing words like 'anility', why don't you give your ol' bonce a rest and stick to what you're best at which is convincing yourself of things like this:

And look! To prove my point admirably, here's ol' Fishy Herring himself to do to language what Josef Fritzl did to his family.
And if I were you Herring (perish the thought), I'd have a word with the site mods about the fact that your 'ignore' feature is plainly broken.

To complete the List of the Lost, here's down-voting camp follower @rifke, trying desperately to look hard by hanging around the site bullies. Unfortunately she just ends up looking like the useless fat kid at Hogwarts who hung around Draco Malfoy. And she's another one who seems to have broken her 'ignore' button.

Careful, his world is sad enough that he might still construe that as high praise.
He reminds me of the classic Bob Monkhouse one-liner:
"They all laughed when I said I'd become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now."

The ex-student Radis Noir has been desperately flailing around for over a month, attempting to cobble together a successful pun on my screen name. So far during his brainstorming he has landed upon "Born of Herring", "Bored of Herring", and "Boy Herring", and answers on a postcard for what any of that is supposed to mean. I mean, for the love of God, could it get any worse than that? I'm reminded of when some long forgotten ex-poster whose name I've forgotten (just like we'll all forget Radis Noir's name soon enough) kept referring to BrummieBoy as 'BroomBoy'. Its terribly sad when criminally unfunny people try their best to come up with witty puns: they've seen others do it and they think they can do it too. And we see the result: "hey the word 'harangue' sort of sounds like the name of a fish, that's what I'll call him, it'll tear the house down". What's next, Burned Herring? Board of Haringey? Airborne Keith Haring? I could give you three or four puns that might actually hit the mark but I'm not going to make it that easy for you by coming up with puns on my own name for you to use. So instead of thinking of nonsensical puns and trying to appear clever by using big words that don't appear in any dictionary like "neurasthene", and misusing words like 'anility', why don't you give your ol' bonce a rest and stick to what you're best at which is convincing yourself of things like this:

regular forum clods, verso and radis. they have no sense of nuance these two.

Back
Top Bottom