It’s not about politics

Such contests are fine in principle but to pretend you’re adopting some ‘pure’ level of discernment looks, to me, like the most problematic level of self-denial possible.

You just do what Vegan Cro does, without his sense of humour and emojis.

And to do it in the context of Morrissey (an artist who obviously privileges the heart over the head) represents a further problematic layer which makes your Socratic posturing seem slightly smug and pompous rather than rational.

I always thought your moniker ‘The Truth’ was wilfully self-effacing and hilarious. But that’s not nearly as funny as what I’m starting to think about it now.
This is all fascinating I'm sure and I'll look into each of the issues you have brought to my attention. With all that you seem to have abandoned the topic we were discussing but I won't insist on continuing with it.

In other news the Yoga Nazi is still wailing that indigenous white separatism is wholesome hate & has been exposed by The Sunday Mirror.

And you get Amanda Barrie - who bearded dated Billy Fury.

20210427_172104.jpg

dc5399ed94f507bff13964b08a836b20.jpg

This is all fascinating I'm sure and I'll look into each of the issues you have brought to my attention. With all that you seem to have abandoned the topic we were discussing but I won't insist on continuing with it.

😶
WTF FC! pomposity killed the cat🤒
'the issues brought up to my attention are fascinating and i will LOOK into them'o_O
'but i wont insist on discussing'.
who are you here , David Niven?
RESULT: Very very pompous post:hammer:

😶
FC guilty of swiping many log ins including a couple from me:hammer:
now he swiped the socratic method from me:hammer:
RESULT: unethical behavior:blushing:

So what do you expect in that news report that isn't there?
I would've expected far more ongoing coverage and discussion around over zealous policing. I k now if the victim had been black we'd still be talking about it the way we still talk about Rodney king today. And rightly so.

Whatever you may "feel" about this, you can't prove a point by asking about how someone might feel about a hypothetical situation.
Hey honey,

I know I've been living rent-free in your head for months (if not years) now. But in these trying times I've decided I finally need to start charging you for it. Don't worry though, I'm only thinking of charging a modest amount due to the fact that I know you're.......ummm.......on a limited income.

I love you Dave!

:kissingheart:

I would've expected far more ongoing coverage and discussion around over zealous policing. I k now if the victim had been black we'd still be talking about it the way we still talk about Rodney king today. And rightly so.

The news report used emotive language to build empathy with the unarmed father, but the public wasn't interested. They obviously saw it as something unlikely to happen to them, or reflect on them.

Blue Lives Matter was one of the responses to Black Lives Matter - showing that a zealous section of the public identifies with the the police, rather than seeing them as a problem.

The Walmart shooting was going round Twitter & no one cared - possibly because gun control campaigners were being vocal.

Things catch fire for a lot of different reasons, a lot to do with timing & personalities.

The news report used emotive language to build empathy with the unarmed father, but the public wasn't interested. They obviously saw it as something unlikely to happen to them, or reflect on them.

Blue Lives Matter was one of the responses to Black Lives Matter - showing that a zealous section of the public identifies with the the police, rather than seeing them as a problem.

The Walmart shooting was going round Twitter & no one cared - possibly because gun control campaigners were being vocal.

Things catch fire for a lot of different reasons, a lot to do with timing & personalities.
Race catches fire Karen, even though there is zero evidence that Blacks get shot at disproportional rates to other ethnicities in America. Stopped and searched? Yes. Shot no, yet the media propagate the myth that cops in America are out hunting and shooting backs in record numbers.

The media keep pushing crap because they want to see America burn, it's starting to happen in other countries as well. To pretend that race doesn't play a massive part in how cop shootings are covered by the MSM is hysterical, but hey keep believing what you want.

Hey honey,

I know I've been living rent-free in your head for months (if not years) now. But in these trying times I've decided I finally need to start charging you for it. Don't worry though, I'm only thinking of charging a modest amount due to the fact that I know you're.......ummm.......on a limited income.

I love you Dave!

:kissingheart:
I'm sorry that you're unable to say what you mean and discuss your point of view honestly. I understand that you want to hide behind an appearance of reasoned neutrality and that when I point out the tactics you use it probably feels like an attack.
It's not that serious.

Things catch fire for a lot of different reasons, a lot to do with timing & personalities

😶
thats what that crackpot, bernie sanders thinks, that burglars, pick pockets, penis interlopers, crack dealers,diamond thieves
who orchestrate heists and other assorted criminals are good people, are our 'brothers and sisters' and ought to get cut loose
from prison:hammer:
he probably also thinks punk rockets are a credit to humanity seeing that they cant sing or play their stolen instruments:blushing:

I'm sorry that you're unable to say what you mean and discuss your point of view honestly. I understand that you want to hide behind an appearance of reasoned neutrality and that when I point out the tactics you use it probably feels like an attack.
It's not that serious.
Dave in case you've missed the obvious, I'm happy to discuss my point of view with plenty of people on this site, just not you. I know I've said it a million times, so what's one more time. I find you boring and repetitive. I don't enjoy conversing with you................so I don't. I know this baffles you as you chase me around these boards consistently doing the ole @ me and commenting on my posts, I don't know why you can't seem to get the hint and want to consistently pursue dialogue with someone that clearly isn't interested in having dialogue with you.

It's all very strange.

Back
Top Bottom