It's official - Wolverhampton is a f*****g dump

Re: It's official - Wolverhampton is a f*****g dump!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_midlands/8435823.stm
and their accents and football team aren't much better either:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Oh come on, fifth worst city in England or Europe maybe, but in the entire world?? Surely there must be some scarier cities in third world Africa, South America, Russia, Asia, etc.

And Detroit being #1 worst city... I haven't been to Detroit yet, but I would think Cleveland Ohio should beat it.

Most places get judged on their town-centres, which I think is unfair as a lot of them are very similar. Wolverhampton for example, as expressed to my girlfriend at the time, a resident of the city, I found rather like Croydon.

I was lucky enough to explore the outer reaches of Wolverhampton, which were also like Croydon. Really though, it's only expected to be better than Croydon as it has a racetrack and a cathedral. Otherwise it would simply be a bland suburb of Birmingham, like Croydon is to London.

Incidentally, the football teams of the aforementioned places will be meeting on weekend of the 22nd and I shan't be making the journey up.

Croydon v Wolves?:confused::thumb:

Croydon, check this out at 2 mins 04 seconds:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited by a moderator:
The world can't handle Detroit.
Wimps.

:rolleyes:

l_18d7f09392e3415386c6af94e11ca8a7.jpg

What a goon. That was great. Stanley Tech was our rival school.

Siouxsie was the girl though. Big up the Bromley Contingent.

What a goon. That was great. Stanley Tech was our rival school.

Siouxsie was the girl though. Big up the Bromley Contingent.

You should do a guide book - ''Capt Sensible's Croydon'':thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Oh come on, fifth worst city in England or Europe maybe, but in the entire world?? Surely there must be some scarier cities in third world Africa, South America, Russia, Asia, etc.

And Detroit being #1 worst city... I haven't been to Detroit yet, but I would think Cleveland Ohio should beat it.

Yeah Cleveland is pretty crappy, though I think Detroit has way more scary parts of town.

Yeah Cleveland is pretty crappy, though I think Detroit has way more scary parts of town.

It's true, Joy. There are some sections where the police won't even enter. I normally feel safe when I visit the downtown area but there are neighborhoods I'd never enter sans tank.

Our last Detroit-living relatives were my grandparents and when they were robbed in the early 90s at gunpoint inside their own home they decided it was time to move. They basically had to give the house away. The neighborhood my parents grew up in is crumbling, and the neighborhoods that THEIR parents grew up in are literally gone -- knocked down, fields of tumbleweed.

There is so much abandoned land that local groups are seriously considering urban farming. It could work, especially in the non-industrial areas.

My favorite quote, found on a Detroit message board:

"I went from looking out my window and seeing crackheads and hookers, to seeing our free roaming horses and Pygmy goats.... "

If you're talking about Cleveland, Teeside, Middlesbrough, etc, then you're right as its a shithole. Lot worse than Wolverhampton, the home of the Grand Prix of Darts. Are you ready? Lets. Play. Darts.

If you're talking about Cleveland, Teeside, Middlesbrough, etc, then you're right as its a shithole. Lot worse than Wolverhampton, the home of the Grand Prix of Darts. Are you ready? Lets. Play. Darts.

Haha, the poster obviously wasn't talking about that Cleveland, but I agree that it's a complete shithole.

Back
Top Bottom