Jack Lowden will portray the early life of Morrissey in "Steven"

British entertainment columnist Baz Bamigboye writes the following article about a new movie based on the life of our Moz ,"Steven"

Do you think he looks like Morrissey?

BAZ BAMIGBOYE: Jack's the lad to play Morrissey in new film called 'Steven' - Daily Mail

Excerpt:

Jack Lowden, one of the dashing stars of War & Peace, will portray the early life of the ‘Pope of Mope’, Morrissey until the moment he ditched his Christian name in a new film called Steven.

Lowden, who played soldier heart-throb Nikolai Rostov in the television drama that gripped the nation over the winter, will explore the creative and social forces that led the singer to form The Smiths in the early Eighties.

jack_lowden.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks more like one of the numerous guitarists Morrissey has disposed of over the years. If only Alexander Armstrong were younger...

Last edited:
And you could point out what any of this has to do with Mark Gill, Jack Lowden and this damn biopic. Nothing, of course. You just like to point the same things out at every opportunity.

What the f*** are you yacking about? You still haven't addressed any of my points, you just want to f***ing whine, all the time.

Or you could put the lid on your ire and point out exactly what is inaccurate about those points. But you won't. Because it's all true, and we can point out numerous examples. But your nebulous reflex kicks I . Yes. We get it by now.

Brilliant! WeirdUncle has once again taken time out from his "well-paid job" (nah, me neither) and blissfully happy marriage (apart from the lack of intimacy, conversation and mutual respect, all is well) to offer us all his oddly illiterate thoughts on a piece of information about a singer from a band from the 1980s. We should all be very grateful for both his time and insight.

I cannot wait for his next post. I bet it's a cracker!

He looks nothing like him and is too old to play a young Morrissey.

They really didn't put any thought into it. Whoever picked Sam Riley to portray Ian Curtis made an excellent choice. He looked like him, he sounded like him, he was him.
This guy will have to spend 4 hours in a makeup room before he goes to shoot.

Not that much, but isn't that what the hair and make-up department is for? Also Fassbender/Steven Jobs anyone? It was the performance of the year, sorry Leo.

fassbender5f-1-web.jpg
are you kidding me? their faces, in these pictures at least (im not THAT familiar with what either of them looks like), are incredibly similar!

to be honest, i'm not really interested in a pre-smiths morrissey film. I would much rather a Smiths biopic with all the drama and stuff. That would be a great biopic for sure ;)

They really didn't put any thought into it. Whoever picked Sam Riley to portray Ian Curtis made an excellent choice. He looked like him, he sounded like him, he was him.
This guy will have to spend 4 hours in a makeup room before he goes to shoot.

Two of the same people were involved in casting Sam Riley.

http://www.legendtimesgroup.co.uk/l...en-?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

William Thacker says:*“We’re really pleased with the script and we’re confident the story will connect with many people, not just Smiths fans. In Jack we have an actor whose charm and depth can bring something really exciting to the role. It's going to be an exciting couple of months, with the filming of Steven in April followed by the release of my novel Lingua Franca in May."

are you kidding me? their faces, in these pictures at least (im not THAT familiar with what either of them looks like), are incredibly similar!

Casting an actor for a somewhat faceless until his recent years computer genius is not the same as casting an actor known for his looks, demeanour and the ways he tilts his head while singing.

The fact he's titled the film 'Steven' says it all really. Even casual fans knows that's just the wrong thing to do. I suspect it will be lightweight fluff but am happy to be proved wrong.

p.s. I guess if the film is based only on the pre-Smiths days then perhaps the 'Steven' makes sense. But only if they do a sequel called 'Morrissey'.

Your post script renders your post meaningless, says it all really.

Casting an actor for a somewhat faceless until his recent years computer genius is not the same as casting an actor known for his looks, demeanour and the ways he tilts his head while singing.

It's all about the head tilt.
It doesn't matter what the film ends up like, you won't like it, because you're clearly cooler and more knowledgable than the average bear, aintcha Kim.

It's all about the head tilt.
It doesn't matter what the film ends up like, you won't like it, because you're clearly cooler and more knowledgable than the average bear, aintcha Kim.

yes I am, because I am a film maker.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom