"Jacky's..." debuts at #1 in UK Vinyl Singles Chart; "Low In High School" #85 in 4th week

I see. And what exactly are the sales figures for that spectacular No.1?

Lmao you mad?
IMG_20161227_224756.jpg

How many of the Ed Sheerans and Taylor Swifts have vinyl out at the same time?
Please do elaborate.
roast-mock-laugh-face.jpg

I'll have you know he sold all 10 copies that BMG printed, Skinny! Quit being such a hater!

How many of the Ed Sheerans and Taylor Swifts have vinyl out at the same time?
Please do elaborate.

Not being funny mate but all chart positions are relative to other people’s releases and sales.

I know if Ed or Taylor or Beyonce or Rita or whoever aren’t in the running then it’s not to be commensurate with a proper number one - we all do.

Nevertheless, ain’t Morrissey’s fault the vinyl charts exists, and just so happens he’s top.

That’s all.

Not being funny mate but all chart positions are relative to other people’s releases and sales.

I know if Ed or Taylor or Beyonce or Rita or whoever aren’t in the running then it’s not to be commensurate with a proper number one - we all do.

Nevertheless, ain’t Morrissey’s fault the vinyl charts exists, and just so happens he’s top.

That’s all.

So how many were sold? Do tell.

Morrissey went #1 in the UK Vinyl Singles Chart and Skinny went #2 in his tighty whities.

Guys, stop. Really, stop doing this.

What's next, Morrissey's number one with those under 5'8?

Morrissey doesn't sell, and he hasn't sold since Quarry. Before that, he hadn't sold since Your Arsenal. It's not the end of the world, and it's not a surprise. Even live, he's just a small venue artist. I doubt he even makes much money from touring.

He's not popular, and was only ever popular for a brief moment in the so called "alternative" era. There's no such thing as that now.

Stop trying to magnify his success in niche markets. More importantly, you shouldn't expect him to sell well with his sub-par, mailing-it-in material, and the fact that he's pretty much considered dad rock now. This is how time flies. What was once considered edgy, is now considered silly. There's no escaping it, or marketing your way out of it.

Finally, vinyl markets don't mean anything. You're talking about mostly nostalgia collectors who buy vinyl.

"Yacht Rock" is now more popular with the youth than Morrissey.

Let that sink in.

Guys, stop. Really, stop doing this.

What's next, Morrissey's number one with those under 5'8?

Morrissey doesn't sell, and he hasn't sold since Quarry. Before that, he hadn't sold since Your Arsenal. It's not the end of the world, and it's not a surprise. Even live, he's just a small venue artist. I doubt he even makes much money from touring.

He's not popular, and was only ever popular for a brief moment in the so called "alternative" era. There's no such thing as that now.

Stop trying to magnify his success in niche markets. More importantly, you shouldn't expect him to sell well with his sub-par, mailing-it-in material, and the fact that he's pretty much considered dad rock now. This is how time flies. What was once considered edgy, is now considered silly. There's no escaping it, or marketing your way out of it.

Finally, vinyl markets don't mean anything. You're talking about mostly nostalgia collectors who buy vinyl.

"Yacht Rock" is now more popular with the youth than Morrissey.

Let that sink in.
Why do you even come here? What is the problem with being a cult artist? He's a living legend.

And Low In High school is a great record. The fact you cannot instantly like its tunes is because you have no musical taste.

In the day of digital who the hell buys vinyl anymore what’s next number one in 8 track tapes? Maybe if this was between the 1950’s-70’s that be impressive now a days vinyl who cares. Oh wait this dummies on here who would buy anything related to Morrissey even his asshole shit crumbs for hundreds of dollars that’s who.

Please. If the bad seeds or Depeche Mode had a number one spot on the vinyl charts the people here would just be happy for them

Why do you even come here? What is the problem with being a cult artist? He's a living legend.

And Low In High school is a great record. The fact you cannot instantly like its tunes is because you have no musical taste.

He went from living Legend status to a pathetic old man in a short amount of time in the last few years. Also if you like And Low In High school you must have never known good music in the first place because it is dreadful it dreadful compared to the standard of great music that long time fans are accustomed to, this Morrissey album Is so awful that Mike and Andy are wiping they’re assholes with it.

LoL they said the same thing about disco, ahahahahahahahaha

I love vinyl, but it is old technology. Simple as that. I also love Subbuteo. Both have been overtaken by events.

I still fondly remember buying the gatefolds and picture discs and coloured vinyls, but I much prefer carrying thousands of songs around with me in my top pocket.

I understand the audiophile argument about sound quality, but when you are on your morning commute that’s irrelevant.

In the day of digital who the hell buys vinyl anymore what’s next number one in 8 track tapes? Maybe if this was between the 1950’s-70’s that be impressive now a days vinyl who cares. Oh wait this dummies on here who would buy anything related to Morrissey even his asshole shit crumbs for hundreds of dollars that’s who.

Apparently vinyl is making a big comeback, there is a large selection in HMV nowadays. Vinyl sales worldwide are increasing, in 2013 sales in the uk were 780k last year they were 3.2m. In the US sales in 2013 were 6.1m, last year they were 13m.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom