Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage video

scottkirk

So the video for Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage .Was this a nod to Pams People from TOTP fame...Sorry if this has been asked before.

So the video for Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage .Was this a nod to Pams People from TOTP fame...Sorry if this has been asked before.
dont think so,pans people were a very successful dance troupe with elaborate routines,who can forget babs or dee dee,the boys in the band are doing very little.could be a nod to a lot of the motown bands who would sing and dance on things like top of the pops.

Someone on this site pointed out the resemblances with The Four Tops performing It's The Same Old Song on some TV Show, and I think they may be right:

The Four Tops are my favorite Motown group and Levi Stubbs is one of my favorite singers of all time. Apparently, The Four Tops hardly ever showed up for dance rehearsals, which is why they always seemed to have trouble remembering their dance routines and don't look as smooth as, for instance, The Temptations. So I can see how the Jacky video with the bad dancing can be a nod to The Four Tops. And wasn't Walk Away Renee one of the first singles Morrissey bought?

dont think so,pans people were a very successful dance troupe with elaborate routines,who can forget babs or dee dee,the boys in the band are doing very little.could be a nod to a lot of the motown bands who would sing and dance on things like top of the pops.
That makes sense,Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom