James Franco pens poems uses a few Smiths songs as titles

James Franco's poems: hard to forgive - The Telegraph
James Franco's first collection of poetry includes an ode to Heath Ledger and a poem in the voice of Lindsay Lohan

Excerpt:

Several of Franco's poems have titles from songs by The Smiths: "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"; "Please Please Please"; "Girlfriend in a Coma". This makes sense. If there's one person with whom the performance-art persona of a tortured intellectual celebrity would identify, it's Morrissey.

One of the Smiths poems, "Ask", recalls an ungainly sexual memory: "Love came – like viscosity filling a tube – / And you killed it with a bunch of thrusts." That violent ugliness feels like a reverberation from an earlier poem in the book, "Marlon Brando": "We want our poetic selves / Destroyed by handsome brutes / In wife-beaters and oiled hair, / The poetry of being f----- to death." At this point, I began to feel queasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Franco played Allen Ginsberg in the 2010 movie "Howl", so that's another link between him and Morrissey.

At the rate he's aging, Morrissey looks younger than James Franco who played James Dean in a biopic back when Justin Bieber was a sperm and egg omelette yet to have met. Oh my...

Last edited:
At the rate he's aging, Morrissey looks younger than James Franco who played James Dean in a biopic back when Justin Bieber was a sperm and egg omelette yet to have met. Oh my...

I've always thought Moz has aged well, with the exception of the accelerated aging he experienced in his late 30s, I'm guessing due to sun damage.

James Franco looks like a homeless stoner.

Gross.

So has the entertainment world just chosen to forget that he was hitting on a teenage girl like two months ago because he said he was sorry?

Yes?

Okay.

So has the entertainment world just chosen to forget that he was hitting on a teenage girl like two months ago because he said he was sorry?

Yes?

Okay.

1.He had a film based on his short story collection coming out at the same time that this happened, that dealt with the same situation, so most saw it as a stunt.

2.She was of age in New York, so even if it was true, he didn't break any laws.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom