Janice Long: Pet Shop Boys interview mentioning Morrissey (January 27, 2020)

Bad, good or good even though he's bad?

I like to know before I listen!!

This clip is funny but it is also very true to reality and certain behaviour.

What is the gist?

@ the funny ones: Don't tell me the definition of 'gist'. :)

They had dinner with him & he preferred Sandie Shaw to Dusty Springfield.

There was a bit of awkwardness at first because I think they wondered if they should mention his 'issues', but they didn't. They must quite like him.

They must quite like him.

Yes, they do. I interviewed PSB when Fundamental came out in 2006 and when I shook hands with Neil after the talk, he asked what I thought about Ringleader, which was out just then. I asked him why ask me about that, and he said that I look like a Morrissey fan. Apparently Chris loved the album, but Neil hadn't yet made up his mind about it.

The Pet Shop Boys are one of England's greatest contributions to music. On the past few records there have been a few I couldn't really vibe with but there is always at least one classic. They are due to change producers and I'm curious already about what comes next but still loving some tracks of the current release.
Here is a recent collaboration with Jean-Michel Jarre.

The Pet Shop Boys are one of England's greatest contributions to music. On the past few records there have been a few I couldn't really vibe with but there is always at least one classic. They are due to change producers and I'm curious already about what comes next but still loving some tracks of the current release.

Will-o-the-wisp on the new album is just blindingly brilliant.

I like suede!

I know it's highly unlikely but I think a Morrissey and Pet Shop Boys Collaboration would be out of this world!

Would make sense since Morrissey is chasing a more electronic sound on the the new album.

Think it would probably be the greatest musical collaboration of all time if it happened hence why it probably wont.

Morrissey and Neil Tennant are some of the greatest lyricists of our time and Chris Lowe is probably the most talented British musician.

Here is a recent collaboration with Jean-Michel Jarre.

Completely agree, the last few albums have at least a few classics, I would argue that 99% of their output from 85-95 are classics. One of the greats alongside Morrissey and Sparks

Paninaro - One of the heights of western civilization

I can't imagine anyone else doing one like this. Based on things said to them by cab drivers. Short and deliberately understated but I think it's great.

Completely agree, the last few albums have at least a few classics, I would argue that 99% of their output from 85-95 are classics. One of the greats alongside Morrissey and Sparks

Paninaro - One of the heights of western civilization

Yes. I think it's next to "In The Night" on Introspective. Great collection.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom