Joan Rivers statement on TTY

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought Joan Rivers was an unfunny c***. The world is marginally better now she is dead.

Nobody wants to answer my question.

QUESTION: Which statement is more anti-semetic and why?

She was such a typical American product — a noisy and mouthy Jew, a walking plastic surgery.

I honestly think this world would be better off without her ilk.

Good thing this Sphynx gig is salary and I'm not charging you jerks by the hour. :p

^^^
I think the first statement is more "anti-semetic," but I find the second statement to be much more offensive.
To me, it sounds as if Hadrian is making a slam against all Americans, particularly those of Jewish descent. However, I don't regard it as a personal attack- as stated earlier, it's more of a :rolleyes:

^^^
I think the first statement is more "anti-semetic," but I find the second statement to be much more offensive.
To me, it sounds as if Hadrian is making a slam against all Americans, particularly those of Jewish descent. However, I don't regard it as a personal attack- as stated earlier, it's more of a :rolleyes:

But what is anti-Semetic about it? The word Jew?

I always thought Joan Rivers was an unfunny c***. The world is marginally better now she is dead.

Now that was f***ed up. You're a piece of dog shit. Straight up.

Interesting. I see it was written by Dalton Trumbo (Johnny Got His Gun). Will definitely check that one out, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll leave it to that bitch ass? Good one. BTW, Adele IS fat. Really fat.

So you judge people on who they are and what they look like rather than the content of their character? Are you racist too?

I'll use Joan's own words adapted specifically for her.

Joan Rivers is dead? Good. Who cares? She was a c***.

So you judge people on who they are and what they look like rather than the content of their character? Are you racist too?

I'll use Joan's own words adapted specifically for her.

Joan Rivers is dead? Good. Who cares? She was a c***.

lol, I think Adele looks good, I don't give a f***.

But what is anti-Semetic about it? The word Jew?

In the context of the original post, like you, I believe the statement was more of a description of Joan than an anti-Semitic statement.

However, if someone painted, "loud, mouthy Jews" on Temples throughout the city, I would consider that to a display of Anti-Semitism.

That's a rotten thing to say......but fair.

The world will be a better place when all human life is dead.....then the bellyaching and complaining will be silenced.

God's chosen few.

Many other religions describe having a covenant with god--including Christianity--not Just Judaism. Call it tribalism. Exceptionalism. Patriotism is a form of this. Us vs. them. It serves a purpose: cohesion, unity, strengthens the group bonds. And it defines the values, purpose, and mission of the group. Families are the basic form of this. Don't you think each family member feels a sense of unity, loyalty, and special connection to the other members? That they are a chosen member of a special group--based on blood, parentage? Do you feel upset when you are excluded from your neighbor's family covenant? Being chosen, in the context of religion, is about believing one has privileges and responsibilities in relation to god. If you believe in god yourself, this might rub you the wrong way. You may feel it is exclusionary. You are not one of the chosen. It sounds arrogant to you, perhaps. This makes you angry.

Don't be angry. There is no god. So no entity is leaving you out of the covenant. And I have never once come across a Jewish person who felt they were better because the Old Testament describes them as the chosen people. The New Testament describes followers of Jesus as being chosen, btw. All religions make outlandish claims. Do any of the Hindi or Buddhist claims upset you? Make you feel left out of the fold?

My comment was not about Jews being blessed by god with intelligence, class, creativity, and graciousness. It was remarking that the Jewish subculture tends to value these things and that is why they are found predominantly in Jews. Education is very important to most Jewish families. It probably explains why since the Nobel was first awarded in 1901 approximately 193 of the 855 honorees have been Jewish (22%). Yet, Jews make up less than 0.2% of the global population.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom