Joan Rivers statement on TTY

She isn't. So her claiming my comment about her was anti-Semitic is absurd. She lost the plot on page one.

You comment was anti-semitic in nature, it has nothing to do with me in particular. Your comment called for the doing-away of my "ilk." Can you address the anti-semitic nature of that line of thinking? The same line of thinking that wants to eradicate a particular breed of dog?

You comment was anti-semitic in nature, it has nothing to do with me in particular. Your comment called for the doing-away of my "ilk." Can you address the anti-semitic nature of that line of thinking? The same line of thinking that wants to eradicate a particular breed of dog?

Do you know what anti-Semitism is? Do you know what racism is? Do you know what homophobia is? Sexism?

Your ilk as defined by me: a crude, vulgar, ill mannered, rude, obnoxious, and hostile person. Does that say anything about your religion? Your sexual orientation? Your race? Your gender? No. It describes personality traits which you have adopted--achieved--not ascribed by some outside force which you have no control over. You are choosing to be of that ilk. You can change. Just like you can lose weight. There is nothing that hints of prejudgement or discrimination based on qualities inherent in your identity which you are powerless to change. The world would be better off without your ilk: better off without crude, vulgar, ill mannered, rude, obnoxious, and hostile persons. Indeed!

In case it is still unclear: Anti-Semitism (also spelled antisemitism or anti-semitism) is prejudice against, hatred of, or discrimination against Jews as a national, ethnic, religious or racial group.

Do you know what anti-Semitism is? Do you know what racism is? Do you know what homophobia is? Sexism?

Your ilk as defined by me: a crude, vulgar, ill mannered, rude, obnoxious, and hostile person. Does that say anything about your religion? Your sexual orientation? Your race? Your gender? No. It describes personality traits which you have adopted--achieved--not ascribed by some outside force which you have no control over. You are choosing to be of that ilk. You can change. Just like you can lose weight. There is nothing that hints of prejudgement or discrimination based on qualities inherent in your identity which you are powerless to change. The world would be better off without your ilk: better off without crude, vulgar, ill mannered, rude, obnoxious, and hostile persons. Indeed!

I don't even...I mean...

Your go to response when you are incapable of refuting a claim or crafting an intelligent retort.

I suggest you exist this thread now before you make an even bigger ass of yourself than you already have.

You want me to exist a thread so I don't make an ass of myself? Is this before or after I breakdown how your justification for the systematic eradication of a type of person be based on whether the qualities you dislike in them are changeable personality traits and JUDGEMENTS or whether the traits were prescribed by race or religion? Because either way the biggest asshole on this thread is you and you don't even seem to be aware of that.

Your go to response when you are incapable of refuting a claim or crafting an intelligent retort.

I suggest you exist this thread now before you make an even bigger ass of yourself than you already have.

Speaking of ASS....it's obvious that someones needs some lovin' up.

Stop the preachn'...stop the teachn'.... get with the eachn'....it's good for what ails ya....:brows:

So you judge people on who they are and what they look like rather than the content of their character? Are you racist too?

Judge: to form an opinion or conclusion about.

We all judge people on looks. Who are you kidding? That is why we are physically attracted to some and not others. Judging, in an of itself, is not inherently bad. It is what we do with those judgments that matter. If I state that Adele is fat, I am making an observation based on facts. I have assessed her size and judged it to be overweight. But if I do not discriminate against her based upon her size then my judgment has no bearing on how she is treated by me.

We judge people and things all day long. It is how we make sense of of world. To claim we should not judge is like saying we should not think and feel.

Did Joan discriminate against people because of the way they looked or did she simply point out the obvious things that we all in fact noticed as well? I say the latter.

Last edited:
You want me to exist a thread so I don't make an ass of myself? Is this before or after I breakdown how your justification for the systematic eradication of a type of person be based on whether the qualities you dislike in them are changeable personality traits and JUDGEMENTS or whether the traits were prescribed by race or religion? Because either way the biggest asshole on this thread is you and you don't even seem to be aware of that.

You make an ass of yourself in every thread you post in. But in this one you also managed to offend Jewish people. And others who are sensitive to anti-Semitic comments. Your father is clearly anti-Semitic. If my father uttered the things your dad did, I would be appalled and embarrassed, and certainly would not post them online for the world to read. That you think his comments were funny and benign speaks deeply about your character. A character which clearly has to do with upbringing rather than genetics. One look at dear old dad's character and it becomes all too apparent.

Tap-Out-Logo-Black-psd36236-276x300.png

I've got real shit to do instead of this sad desperation.

"ilk" such a great word to use :thumb:

a type of person or thing similar to one already referred to
"the veiled suggestions that reporters of his ilk seem to be so good at"

synonyms: type, sort, class, category, group, set, bracket, genre, kidney, grain, species, race, strain, vintage, make, model, brand, stamp, variety, family

"Miss A and her ilk talk utter tripe"

some good stuff there, interesting too, like did you know ilk has an archaic meaning from Scottish :eek:
of the place or estate of the same name
noun: of that ilk; plural noun: of that ilks

"Sir Iain Moncreiffe of that Ilk"

-anyways, carry on folks :popcorn:

Speaking of ASS....it's obvious that someones needs some lovin' up.

Stop the preachn'...stop the teachn'.... get with the eachn'....it's good for what ails ya....:brows:

Getting laid is not a panacea. It is a Band-Aid--a temporary fix which needs to be repeatedly applied and does not cure anything just covers up the wound so that it is out of sight.

"ilk" such a great word to use :thumb:

a type of person or thing similar to one already referred to
"the veiled suggestions that reporters of his ilk seem to be so good at"

synonyms: type, sort, class, category, group, set, bracket, genre, kidney, grain, species, race, strain, vintage, make, model, brand, stamp, variety, family

"Miss A and her ilk talk utter tripe"

some good stuff there, interesting too, like did you know ilk has an archaic meaning from Scottish :eek:
of the place or estate of the same name
noun: of that ilk; plural noun: of that ilks

"Sir Iain Moncreiffe of that Ilk"

-anyways, carry on folks :popcorn:

:thumb:

Many other religions describe having a covenant with god--including Christianity--not Just Judaism. Call it tribalism. Exceptionalism. Patriotism is a form of this. Us vs. them. It serves a purpose: cohesion, unity, strengthens the group bonds. And it defines the values, purpose, and mission of the group. Families are the basic form of this. Don't you think each family member feels a sense of unity, loyalty, and special connection to the other members? That they are a chosen member of a special group--based on blood, parentage? Do you feel upset when you are excluded from your neighbor's family covenant? Being chosen, in the context of religion, is about believing one has privileges and responsibilities in relation to god. If you believe in god yourself, this might rub you the wrong way. You may feel it is exclusionary. You are not one of the chosen. It sounds arrogant to you, perhaps. This makes you angry.

Don't be angry. There is no god. So no entity is leaving you out of the covenant. And I have never once come across a Jewish person who felt they were better because the Old Testament describes them as the chosen people. The New Testament describes followers of Jesus as being chosen, btw. All religions make outlandish claims. Do any of the Hindi or Buddhist claims upset you? Make you feel left out of the fold?

My comment was not about Jews being blessed by god with intelligence, class, creativity, and graciousness. It was remarking that the Jewish subculture tends to value these things and that is why they are found predominantly in Jews. Education is very important to most Jewish families. It probably explains why since the Nobel was first awarded in 1901 approximately 193 of the 855 honorees have been Jewish (22%). Yet, Jews make up less than 0.2% of the global population.

It was just a flippant quip, I wouldn't jump to all of those conclusions over it.

To counter that comment I'll raise you... Like with any culture you get some good and you get some bad. For me Israel = bad, the US's unflinching defense of them thanks to an extremely powerful Jewish lobby = bad. In Joan Rivers' case she seemed to join in with these so I'm not going to jump to her defence in a race row.

Getting laid is not a panacea. It is a Band-Aid--a temporary fix which needs to be repeatedly applied and does not cure anything just covers up the wound so that it is out of sight.

Ha....RB, please. Just look again at what Morrissey posted on his site...that got this whole thread going. There's no antisemitism here, just silliness. You are not teaching anyone here anything.

Now,....apply my remedy....repeatedly until the pain subsides. Call me in the morning.:guitar:

Ha....RB, please. Just look again at what Morrissey posted on his site...that got this whole thread going. There's no antisemitism here, just silliness. You are not teaching anyone here anything.

Now,....apply my remedy....repeatedly until the pain subsides. Call me in the morning.:guitar:

You are married with a presumably willing and able partner. How are we to understand why you are Still Ill?

Yeah Keene. Give us details about your panacea. :popcorn:

It was just a flippant quip, I wouldn't jump to all of those conclusions over it.

To counter that comment I'll raise you... Like with any culture you get some good and you get some bad. For me Israel = bad, the US's unflinching defense of them thanks to an extremely powerful Jewish lobby = bad. In Joan Rivers' case she seemed to join in with these so I'm not going to jump to her defence in a race row.

Politics. That whole mess in the middle east is complicated. I somewhat understand where you are coming from. I have read your posts in other threads. I have my opinions on it. But this thread has gone off the rails already. How much further do we want to take it?

Judge: to form an opinion or conclusion about.

We all judge people on looks. Who are you kidding? That is why we are physically attracted to some and not others. Judging, in an of itself, is not inherently bad. It is what we do with those judgments that matter. If I state that Adele is fat, I am making an observation based on facts. I have assessed her size and judged it to be overweight. But if I do not discriminate against her based upon her size then my judgment has no bearing on how she is treated by me.

We judge people and things all day long. It is how we make sense of of world. To claim we should not judge is like saying we should not think and feel.

Did Joan discriminate against people because of the way they looked or did she simply point out the obvious things that we all in fact noticed as well? I say the latter.

I don't judge people by how they look or who they are. I don't deem by boss to be a more worthy person than the cleaner. I don't give value to a person who is white as opposed to one who is not. If they are young or if they are old. If they are male or female. I listen to what they have to say, examine the content of their character and then make a judgement. It's not a radical idea.

My point is not that she called her fat. My point that for a woman who had a face like a melted candle, one who struggled with her own insecurity it was a bit f***ing rich to call out someone who may or may not battle with issues of body image privately. I don't need Joan River's to tell me that Adele is overweight. Nor do I value her snide, childish, cowardly remarks. She was a horrible person. One who once championed women but became that which cut them down and sought to reduce them to the most obvious level.

I will not say nice words for a woman who rejoiced when Palestinian children died. She deserves nothing but reproach.

And don't attempt to instruct me on definitions. I can make my way to a dictionary just as easily as you can.

What's your excuse for hanging around then?

Now, now Marred you don't know a thing about me. However to suggest that I, a stranger to you, when you don't know of my deeds, has been on this earth too long when I have merely criticised another person who you also don't know, well, I think that says a lot about you now doesn't it?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom