Joe Chiccarelli discusses recording Morrissey, "Spent The Day In Bed" walkthrough at NAMM 2018

UPDATE Jan. 29:

YouTube video has been removed but Oh My posted earlier:

He says: "We've done 2 and a half albums together and we are about to go back in the studio and finish that half of an album that we didn't finish".

Also, Oh My posted the link with some similar information:

A producer’s dream’: Joe Chiccarelli on working with Morrissey on brand new album Low In High School - PSNEurope (Nov. 16, 2017)
Renowned producer Joe Chiccarelli recently returned to the studio to produce a second consecutive album with Morrissey in the form of Low In High School. He tells Daniel Gumble what it was like to work with the enigmatic star and why he is a “producer’s dream"…

From Dominic:

LIHS producer Joe Chiccarelli discusses recording Moz and in particular walking through the recording of 'Spent the Day in Bed', at NAMM 2018 (music merchants conference). Approx 45 mins.

Last edited:
Hmmm, just tried to watch and see that it's unavailable. If anyone knows a workaround to see it please post it.

Last edited:
Hopefully the half an album already recorded (and the rest to be recorded) resemble the songs on LIHS that actually have some semblance of a melody and a hook.

release rest of LIHS tracks please

This is great. It explains music producing in more technical terms to the ordinary listener. It is so easy for people who know very little about music engineering and producing to put down the music, or the artist. There goes so much more into the final product than what meets the eye. I really like the acknowledgement from Mr. Chicarrelli for Morrissey's expertise and professionalism.

Very true and if you've ever recorded in a studio, it's a truly enlightening and, as is for me, a bloody mind-blowing experience.

Oh bollocks - I missed the video. It seems to be taken down now. Wah.

cant see him being as political with his future stuff,could be something he felt he had to do with all the turmoil in the world.

Mozzy pulled it ! Joe you showed too much and you blabbed too much and there's nowhere to go but down. Guess M won't be going back into the studio with J.C. now. :(;)

Mozzy pulled it ! Joe you showed too much and you blabbed too much and there's nowhere to go but down. Guess M won't be going back into the studio with J.C. now. :(;)

Do you think so?
J. C. was truly flattering... Not sure if he said anything that Morrissey would dislike. Hard to tell.

Do you think so?
J. C. was truly flattering... Not sure if he said anything that Morrissey would dislike. Hard to tell.

There's gonna be some trouble... a whole record will need re-recording.. and every producer i have known... will recline.. on an analyst's couch quite soon ...

;)

My guess why the video is down: Joe played a few seconds of Moz singing solo and joked he would kill him for that. But "nobody is recording this, right?"

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom