Joe Chiccarelli discusses recording Morrissey, "Spent The Day In Bed" walkthrough at NAMM 2018

UPDATE Jan. 29:

YouTube video has been removed but Oh My posted earlier:

He says: "We've done 2 and a half albums together and we are about to go back in the studio and finish that half of an album that we didn't finish".

Also, Oh My posted the link with some similar information:

A producer’s dream’: Joe Chiccarelli on working with Morrissey on brand new album Low In High School - PSNEurope (Nov. 16, 2017)
Renowned producer Joe Chiccarelli recently returned to the studio to produce a second consecutive album with Morrissey in the form of Low In High School. He tells Daniel Gumble what it was like to work with the enigmatic star and why he is a “producer’s dream"…

From Dominic:

LIHS producer Joe Chiccarelli discusses recording Moz and in particular walking through the recording of 'Spent the Day in Bed', at NAMM 2018 (music merchants conference). Approx 45 mins.

Last edited:
I just think he was not allowed to play that solo take openly.
But I love all his a capella singing at shows. He has such a beautiful voice.

Mozzy pulled it ! Joe you showed too much and you blabbed too much and there's nowhere to go but down. Guess M won't be going back into the studio with J.C. now. :(;)

If that is the case it shows what an utter wanker Morrissey has become. The video has been interesting to everyone who has watched it and if has indeed asked for it to be taken down, it shows how totally disconnected he is to his fan base.

We can debate forever whether Liam Gallagher is any good or not but what he does do very well is connect to his fan base via social media, even responding in person a number of times and posting daft videos of himself. And guess what, he sells out every venue in mins.

If that is the case it shows what an utter wanker Morrissey has become. The video has been interesting to everyone who has watched it and if has indeed asked for it to be taken down, it shows how totally disconnected he is to his fan base.

We can debate forever whether Liam Gallagher is any good or not but what he does do very well is connect to his fan base via social media, even responding in person a number of times and posting daft videos of himself. And guess what, he sells out every venue in mins.
Yeah, every other discussion from that same panel/event is still there on YouTube except for Joe’s so it seems very deliberate that this video is now gone.

is this not the super duper re-release like they did with quarry.
And with World Peace with the deluxe version released same time as the vanilla version. I hope it's a new album though and I think Moz should wait until next year instead of rushing it.

And with World Peace with the deluxe version released same time as the vanilla version. I hope it's a new album though and I think Moz should wait until next year instead of rushing it.
Vanilla?? What in God's name did he put on the deluxe version?

I want a new Morrissey album every month.

Did anyone get a recording of the video or the Morrissey singing parts?

Well, 'wanker' in the past, present, or future, He never was, that is only an opinion of yours, that's fine.

'Morrissey has become' ?

he hasn't 'become' Tell us when did he ever start his own site 'connecting' with fans ,posting home videos, behind the scenes footage at work while recording an album ? when ? when?

He must have his reason for this ? maybe to preserve some of the 'magic' that's been lost as other artists just pimp themselves to sell what they've become... JUST A PRODUCT. (Liam,etc :sleeping:)

When listening to artists while He was a child/teen He didn't 'know' the artist, it was a mystery, and this made the music all that much more powerful, because the listener used their own imagination to create what was not known and therefore in a way participated in the creation also.

I do agree though, would be nice, I personally would love to see video footage into what goes into making each record. But that is NOT who He is, ....

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

:tiphat:

:cool:

I have no opinion on this Morrissey conspiracy theory but if true,it could leave the door ajar for Tony Visconti.

Even if joe was out tony will never return. That said I don’t think it has to be that dramatic. Isn’t it possible that morrissey just requested nicely that joe take it down since it might have contained something he didn’t want exposed and joe said sure no problem

Even if joe was out tony will never return. That said I don’t think it has to be that dramatic. Isn’t it possible that morrissey just requested nicely that joe take it down since it might have contained something he didn’t want exposed and joe said sure no problem
That is perfectly possible yes.

I was too busy to watch it and now that I want to watch it, it's gone. :(
I wouldn't blame Moz, though. Why would he care?

So, then I would like to suggest the following video for Moz to play before his upcoming concerts!

Click on "Show More" to see the amazing lyrics!

#MeatIsMurder

Yeah, every other discussion from that same panel/event is still there on YouTube except for Joe’s so it seems very deliberate that this video is now gone.

This is great. It explains music producing in more technical terms to the ordinary listener. It is so easy for people who know very little about music engineering and producing to put down the music, or the artist. There goes so much more into the final product than what meets the eye. I really like the acknowledgement from Mr. Chicarrelli for Morrissey's expertise and professionalism.

They'll be - truly - missing him when he's gone. That's all I will say.

Hazard
x

Well, 'wanker' in the past, present, or future, He never was, that is only an opinion of yours, that's fine.

'Morrissey has become' ?

he hasn't 'become' Tell us when did he ever start his own site 'connecting' with fans ,posting home videos, behind the scenes footage at work while recording an album ? when ? when?

He must have his reason for this ? maybe to preserve some of the 'magic' that's been lost as other artists just pimp themselves to sell what they've become... JUST A PRODUCT. (Liam,etc :sleeping:)

When listening to artists while He was a child/teen He didn't 'know' the artist, it was a mystery, and this made the music all that much more powerful, because the listener used their own imagination to create what was not known and therefore in a way participated in the creation also.

I do agree though, would be nice, I personally would love to see video footage into what goes into making each record. But that is NOT who He is, ....

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

:tiphat:I

:cool:

Came out for a spit and swish, did you? Break’s over. Get back up the hole, silly git.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom