John Terry sacked as England captain

It's wrong...who someone shags in their private life is their business.It shouldn't affect their job...dear God most of the population would be getting demoted for having a bit on the side.:crazy:

You included, eh Hellie?:thumb: (do tell:lbf:)

I think the difference here, is this will affect his job as it was a fellow England player's (ex) girlfriend involved.
I've been listening all week to Talk Sport and all this 'Role Model' shite and ex players going on about ''he has broken the unwritten rule'' (ie, shag anyone, but not a fellow players missus:rolleyes:) and am bored with it all.
It is the eternal question....do the red tops report what the public want or are they setting the agenda - and if they are, then how come sales go up in times of such scandels?
Either way, Tony Blair was very grateful for the timing of this ''scandel' :(

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
You included, eh Hellie?:thumb: (do tell:lbf:)

I think the difference here, is this will affect his job as it was a fellow England player's (ex) girlfriend involved.
I've been listening all week to Talk Sport and all this 'Role Model' shite and ex players going on about ''he has broken the unwritten rule'' (ie, shag anyone, but not a fellow players missus:rolleyes:) and am bored with it all.
It is the eternal question....do the red tops report what the public want or are they setting the agenda - and if they are, then how come sales go up in times of such scandels?
Either way, Tony Blair was very grateful for the timing of this ''scandel' :(

Jukebox Jury

They are not role models they are overpaid prima donna footballers.

I'm always up for a bit on the side;)...or even both sides:lbf::squiffy:

They are not role models they are overpaid prima donna footballers.

I agree. I had a letter printed in the MEN about 2 years ago after some D list Coronation Street ''star'' was caught smoking cannabis.
The papers' ''role model'' stance went into overdrive and I said that no kid, aged 16, went to the careers advisor and said ''I want to be a role model'' and the advisor suggested they went to the local football club or drama school in order to be a role model:rolleyes:

Role models should be your parents, elder siblings and relatives.
Not multi millionaire pop stars and footballers, whose life the average kid on the street will never be able to emulate.

Jukebox Jury

I agree. I had a letter printed in the MEN about 2 years ago after some D list Coronation Street ''star'' was caught smoking cannabis.
The papers' ''role model'' stance went into overdrive and I said that no kid, aged 16, went to the careers advisor and said ''I want to be a role model'' and the advisor suggested they went to the local football club or drama school in order to be a role model:rolleyes:

Role models should be your parents, elder siblings and relatives.
Not multi millionaire pop stars and footballers, whose life the average kid on the street will never be able to emulate.

Jukebox Jury

I think years ago footballers probably were role models. Of course I am talking about the wash your own kit, clean your own boots era of footballers though, before they became "celebrities"

I think years ago footballers probably were role models. Of course I am talking about the wash your own kit, clean your own boots era of footballers though, before they became "celebrities"

Yes, when said footballers lived on your street, earned a bit more than your dad, willingly signed autographs, went for a pint down your local after the game, married the local lass etc etc

Now it is earning a weekly wage that your dad will work 5 years to earn.
Live in the Cheshire belt, f*** the autographs, f*** the pint unless it is in the celebrity haunts in town and then only in the VIP area and then only if you look like a WAG wannabee......:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Yes, when said footballers lived on your street, earned a bit more than your dad, willingly signed autographs, went for a pint down your local after the game, married the local lass etc etc

Now it is earning a weekly wage that your dad will work 5 years to earn.
Live in the Cheshire belt, f*** the autographs, f*** the pint unless it is in the celebrity haunts in town and then only in the VIP area and then only if you look like a WAG wannabee......:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

There was uproar on the radio about the Fulham players refusing to sign autographs for Accy Stanley fans the other week....would have taken them 5 minutes with the amount of fans and would have made the young kid's day.

Why oh why must the tabloids stick their f***ing noses in whenever there's a big tournament coming up?

If England don't win the World Cup & all the red tops start bleating, I'm going to brick all their windows attatching the note,

'This is your fault'

Why oh why must the tabloids stick their f***ing noses in whenever there's a big tournament coming up?

If England don't win the World Cup & all the red tops start bleating, I'm going to brick all their windows attatching the note,

'This is your fault'

In fairness..... I don't think it's about there is a big tournament coming up.
After the world cup it is Euro Championship qualifications..... should the red tops not print the stuff then because it could harm our chances of qualifying for the finals of that?

Terry shagged around from September to December (allegedly:thumb:) that's why it is reported now.

Jukebox Jury

I don't think the rep tops should be allowed to exist (except the Daily Star cos they've got the best tits)

There's too many people around now who'll consider things important solely cos the cocks at The Sun say they are.

Come on now you lot, lay off Pompey, it makes me cry.

Pompey 'til either I, or they, die! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom