Johnny Marr announces “Fever Dreams Part 2” EP - shares two new songs

I love a lot of Johnny's solo work, but neither of these two tracks do much for me, which is a shame. Basic chords, repetitive vocal lines - there just isn't a hook anywhere in either of these songs to keep me interested. Maybe he's going for the Oasis route, of trying some simple straightforward songs for drunk people to singalong to, but these bother sound pretty boring to me. Sorry, Johnny. :(

I love a lot of Johnny's solo work, but neither of these two tracks do much for me, which is a shame. Basic chords, repetitive vocal lines - there just isn't a hook anywhere in either of these songs to keep me interested. Maybe he's going for the Oasis route, of trying some simple straightforward songs for drunk people to singalong to, but these bother sound pretty boring to me. Sorry, Johnny. :(

Gotta agree. I really want to like more of his music. I’m not really into this right on yeah rock and roll

I think that because the lyrics are throwaway gibberish and Johnny has a forgettable non-voice, it means that the music has to be stellar. With these songs it is ok, but nothing to get too excited about.

Yeah he needs to open up some and write more about his personal feelings IMO and stop attempting to write just these sloganish social commentary lyrics or at least connect them to more personal feelings. It just feels like it all surface professionalism. Nothing hits you in the gut so to speak. I’d take an emotional mess of an album over something that feels a bit empty

I find this song irresistible. Great to hear straight up rock'n'roll guitar. Funny what a big deal it is now to get on a big playlist. That's how people consume music now, not buying actual albums, cds, etc.

yes, many here agree it’s not very good. And regarding Tenement, when it first comes in, the guitar playing is promising, but then it quickly falls apart into the unlistenable, trying too hard to be catchy. Yeah I can hear the Oasis thing too, it’s unfortunate.

The kindest thing I can say is that it's really obvious that Johnny creates the music first, gives it 100% of his effort and then writes any old shit over the top. Those 'lyrics', he hasn't even tried, he's relying on the music to carry everything.

Johnny seems like a pretty smart guy from his interviews and book. He has an at least above average IQ. How can he not see these lyrics are dreadful? His son's lyrics are better.
He worked with Morrissey and Matt who are the best of the best, and he worked with Bernard, who at least attempted to write the best lyrics he could after working with Ian.
There is no attempt with Johnny, just simplistic rhymes and vague themes. No soul at all, no "coolness" either.

Johnny seems like a pretty smart guy from his interviews and book. He has an at least above average IQ. How can he not see these lyrics are dreadful? His son's lyrics are better.
He worked with Morrissey and Matt who are the best of the best, and he worked with Bernard, who at least attempted to write the best lyrics he could after working with Ian.
There is no attempt with Johnny, just simplistic rhymes and vague themes. No soul at all, no "coolness" either.
Agreed. I feel the same way about Noel Gallagher and Johnny. Both seem very intelligent, and are witty and sharp in interviews. But they either don't put the effort in or simply don't have the talent for writing lyrics. Which, in itself, is fine -- not everyone was meant to be a lyricist. But why not team up with someone who is good at writing lyrics? Marr did this before in the 1980s and it worked out pretty well.

🤦‍♂️

he cant write music either FFS 🤌. all songs sound like one big katastrofa👨‍🦲

:hammer:

:rolleyes:

Bernard, the cuck from NO, who is :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: best pal, writes in his dumb book that
he-the Dramatic One, DramaJ-is not very bright at all:clapping: only reads blogs.:moyai:
doesnt know how to comport himself in a nice restaurant. Demands free peanuts in
a cup.:thumbsdown:
Very uncouth.:hammer:

:rolleyes:

Bernard, the cuck from NO, who is :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: best pal, writes in his dumb book that
he-the Dramatic One, DramaJ-is not very bright at all:clapping: only reads blogs.:moyai:
doesnt know how to comport himself in a nice restaurant. Demands free peanuts in
a cup.:thumbsdown:
Very uncouth.:hammer:
Yes.... peanuts should be eaten out
Of a bowl Cro 🙄

Yes.... peanuts should be eaten out
Of a bowl Cro 🙄

Bernard the Cuck from New Order played to 20000 people last Saturday night at the O2 , while the sad Cuck Vegan Cro posted shite to 20 people on
Morrissey Solo.Com and continues to get minimal responses to his posts:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The type of music that passes you by harmlessly but doesn’t want to make you stop and dig deeper
But Johnny doesn’t need our approval.

o_O
the new sucy Le:frogface: music sounds just like NO suco chip noise but with
caterwauling atop it(n)
Bernard, NO cuck, also writes in that dumb book that LePew feeds on seed
so as to look 'svelte' for his opening sets.😼 can this be possible? 60 yr old?
NO is opening for the sucy grop "Pet Shop Boys" who wear cricket hat onstage🤒
peeps, total shanda:hammer:

Lol, Vegan the thick twat can't even get the New Order/Pet Shop Boys tour info right, it's actually a joint tour with the bands headlining on alternate nights.
Sounds a great night.
Did you see them last week ??

Tags
ep new fever dreams johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom