Johnny Marr: "Cemetry Gates" snippet - Radio X FB (April 22, 2020)

Love those harmonics at the end of the song.

Love the worn out corduroys. Nice knees too. Great thighs, nice shins. Big big calve muscles.
Cemetry Gates was the best of all 4 sexy shaggable Smiths. Especially Morrissey.
I sing Darling I Hug a Pillow loudly behind my nurses mask on the nyc subway to keep away sickness.
I still have to work. Damn.

O NO still wearing the tore up magenta pantalooons and still wearing the woman mascara :drama:
he must be sleeping with both on.:(

Those musky faded burgungy corduroys are like the shroud of turin to me. I'm sorry.

When Will I See You with the Pretenders was fabulous for me at the time and still is. Pure Marr and nice lyrics Chrissy. Dont forget that one.

Maybe now that AlainT is free:rolleyes:
from his 'busy schedule':)
he can give :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: a couple of guitar lessons:guitar:

Hey, the song was good enough for Morrissey to put words to.
But, as good as the instrumental is, it really only comes to life with Morrissey’s melody and voice.

I mean, how can anyone listen to this and not hear Morrissey in their head singing? it is what really brings it to life and it is what makes it memorable.

:cool:

But, as good as the instrumental is, it really only comes to life with Morrissey’s melody and voice.

I mean, how can anyone listen to this and not hear Morrissey in their head singing? it is what really brings it to life and it is what makes it memorable.

It's actually perfectly lovely on its own. Amazing guitar sound - what a talent!

Do you remember Johnny once telling a story (might be in the Fletcher book) about how it was almost thrown away? He'd started writing it on a train back from London and he was 'noodling' around for the chorus the next day when Morrissey said, "Wait, play that again! It's great, it's a song!". :guitar:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom