Johnny Marr Full Q&A at The Oxford Union (Feb. 25, 2019) - OxfordUnion / YouTube

From his appearance on 25th February 2019.

"As the lead guitarist and co-songwriter of the Smiths, Johnny Marr has been one of the most influential English musicians of a generation. Since the separation of the Smiths, Johnny Marr has been a member of the Pretenders and has more recently released his third studio album Call the Comet."

Regards,
FWD.

What a warm, honest, genuinely nice guy. I would give anything to hear Morrissey speak, like this, with the utmost love and respect for the Smiths. “I was three feet off the ground the whole time.”

Johnny admits that he used to be “f***ed up” about the Smiths past but he got over it – one day I hope Moz does the same.

o_O

NEW :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: DEVELOPMENT!!
he has a HUGE BALD SPOT atop his wig.:squiffy:

and whats with the proletariat Chinese uniform with the shirt buttoned up to his chin:lbf:

poor wretch.:rage:

What a warm, honest, genuinely nice guy. I would give anything to hear Morrissey speak, like this, with the utmost love and respect for the Smiths. “I was three feet off the ground the whole time.”

Johnny admits that he used to be “f***ed up” about the Smiths past but he got over it – one day I hope Moz does the same.

A great interview! Loved his insight into the enlightened sexual politics of the indie scene. And when he spoke about the Smiths, I swear I started to tear up. He really is a wonderful speaker.

“I wanted to turn myself, visually, into one of the Ronettes. Which I did, as soon as I was able to get away from bus stops where I would have been beaten up.”

johnny.jpg

“I wanted to turn myself, visually, into one of the Ronettes. Which I did, as soon as I was able to get away from bus stops where I would have been beaten up.”

View attachment 49040
what a dishonest little man marr is. He used to go around calling moz " Dorrissey" he and the rest of the manc scene would mock Moz for his fem ways . Yes it was just piss taking but make no mistake , they were very much lads and if not for Moz smiths would have been just mod/rocker types
Marr is just rewritting history here. The gender switching in Smiths world was pure moz.

what a dishonest little man marr is. He used to go around calling moz " Dorrissey" he and the rest of the manc scene would mock Moz for his fem ways . Yes it was just piss taking but make no mistake , they were very much lads and if not for Moz smiths would have been just mod/rocker types
Marr is just rewritting history here. The gender switching in Smiths world was pure moz.
Not so. I've read/heard interviews with him stretching way back to The Smiths (I'm thinking in particular of the South Bank Show profile) where he says the indie sound they pioneered originated from him not wanting to follow the macho rock guitar cliches. He was always interested in doing things differently. It meant he had to fuse other influences, like folk, funk and glam, to create their sound. And it's pretty well documented that Morrissey and Marr bonded over their love of 60s girl groups at their first meeting. Morrissey certainly brought the gender bending stuff into it, but it fitted with what Marr had in mind musically.

Last edited:
The best thing about this post is knowing that Vegan Cro had to hate-watch the entire 1 hour 6 minute video, seething with rage at Johnny's every utterance! :lbf:

he didnt look like the Ronnettes back in the day,but like a gayish dude FFS:lbf:

now:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: he does look bit like an old lady.:dancer:

The best thing about this post is knowing that Vegan Cro had to hate-watch the entire 1 hour 6 minute video, seething with rage at Johnny's every utterance! :lbf:

WTF?? nobody can make out a word he utters in that video.:crazy:

I did note the little blue proletariat outfit he dons on the video.
flowery shirt for the concert.:lbf:

Yes, the other Smiths were not gay and kudos to them for being allies and pioneers in supporting Moz's gender agenda in the Smiths. I believe "Dorrissey" was coined by Bernard Sumner, not Marr. Marr is not "rewritting" history, he is explaining and expounding on what the Smiths were trying to do. He and Morrissey were very much in lock step when it came to breaking out of gender roles. This is the first interview with Johnny I've seen where's he's come out and said he's straight. I think it's to his credit that he didn't care what anyone thought about him.

Why do you hate Johnny?

WtF????????????
how can I hate on Mr Cometry when nobody can understand his school room speech.:crazy:

here is something that will go with the funny wig:
Men-Kaftan-Thobe-Clothing-Islam-Apparel-Clothing-Muslim-Male-Dress-Islamic-Men-s-Gowns-dance-stage.jpg

Yes, the other Smiths were not gay and kudos to them for being allies and pioneers in supporting Moz's gender agenda in the Smiths. I believe "Dorrissey" was coined by Bernard Sumner, not Marr. Marr is not "rewritting" history, he is explaining and expounding on what the Smiths were trying to do. He and Morrissey were very much in lock step when it came to breaking out of gender roles. This is the first interview with Johnny I've seen where's he's come out and said he's straight. I think it's to his credit that he didn't care what anyone thought about him.

FFS that twat Bernard.....
do you think he took one look at:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
with the wig and the botox the flowery shirt etc and said to himself
'now there is a macho chap':lbf:

o_O

NEW :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: DEVELOPMENT!!
he has a HUGE BALD SPOT atop his wig.:squiffy:

and whats with the proletariat Chinese uniform with the shirt buttoned up to his chin:lbf:

poor wretch.:rage:

Ah, you seem to believe the recent Morrissey promotional pictures are actually recent :)

:rolleyes:

glue a bit of fishnet to the top of the wig. its only a
couple of quid worth. have the missus give him the money.
o_O

a fing wig with a bald spot FFS:swear

Johnny's "lad" phase in the 90s was a miserable, pathetic attempt to pander to his new collaborators at a time when Moz was "unfashionable", nothing more. I remember the whole "Dorrissey" thing well and I've never been more ashamed of Marr than when he was behaving like that. Thank God, he grew up and probably cringes looking back. It wasn't just Moz either - I remember them both being referred to as "Dorrissey and Jenny Marr"!

A Johnny quote I always remember - "The Smiths liberated straight boys." Oh aye? :lbf:

johnny m.jpg

Last edited:
did he tell his joke about the one night of the year mozz was out,surely not its been done to death.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom