Johnny Marr on Guitarist magazine Sep 09 issue

Kewpie

Subscriber
I saw Johnny's cover of Guitarist magazine when I was shopping at Sainsbury's.

6 page interview of his career.
Unfortunately I don't have a scanner. :(

All hail the steam-powered scanner. I swear I'll get a new one soon.

20u5pw2.jpg

11gn3wh.jpg

33bmtm8.jpg

x373og.jpg

Thanks for that peter, i'll pick one up in the morning.

hope we dont have to wait too long till the signiture guitar is released.

Thanks Peter, :thumb:
interesting read.

It's a great article, good insight from the man.
I was fortunate enough to meet him on Sunday at the instore signing in HMV at Leeds, and happened to mention I bought a Rickenbacker recently like his- he promptly got out a guitar pick with his name on and gave me it, I almost died! Needless to say it's safely tucked away now!

It's a great article, good insight from the man.
I was fortunate enough to meet him on Sunday at the instore signing in HMV at Leeds, and happened to mention I bought a Rickenbacker recently like his- he promptly got out a guitar pick with his name on and gave me it, I almost died! Needless to say it's safely tucked away now!

Wow thats a nice touch, thoughtful of him.

it's a good interview. Marr is an all-round splendid fellow.
he's hardly prolific though, is he? he's only written about 25 songs in the last 10 years.
also, quite amusing how the journalist implies (twice) that Marr's a session musician, when he's spent his entire post-Smiths career trying to convince people that he's not!

Thanks for the scan, Peter. Its a nice interview/article.

Are there any recent photos of Johnny Marr without a guitar? I bet he even goes to bed with them.....poor Angie :)

Thanks for the scan, Peter. Its a nice interview/article.

Are there any recent photos of Johnny Marr without a guitar? I bet he even goes to bed with them.....poor Angie :)

Maybe she's into that kind of thing ;)
Haven't seen a recent pic of her in forever, btw. Hmm

Great article, 2 things for me from that...

1) I adore You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby, and its good that Marr rates it highly. Such a tight tune

2) I've been listening to Dashboard today because of this review, and its a fairly decent track

Tags
unclescanner
Back
Top Bottom