November 10 – London, England @ The Barbican
November 15 – New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre with Strand Bookstore $
November 16 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Vista Theater with Skylight Books *
November 18 – San Francisco, CA @ Jewish Community Center of San Francisco #
November 19 – Beaverton, OR @ Powell’s Bookstore %
December 9 – Birmingham, England @ Birmingham Town Hall

Photo of London signing posted by mycatmorrissey (original post):

39393_39366_image.jpg

Can't wait to have this book in my hands hopefully tomorrow (pre-ordered on Amazon). I wish I could get to the signing in NYC!

I have the day off, so I suppose I'll go to the one in Beaverton. Even if I am anything but excited to have Fred Armisen doing the interviewing. That guy... Thanks a LOT. <3, All of Oregon.

I am hearing that tomorrow's event in NYC is NOT a signing. Supposedly you get a signed copy of the book, assuming on the way out. Not sure if it's due to time constraints or sheer volume. The venue holds 600 people. I'm also hearing no photography. Hoping this is not the case.

Interview today on WNYC with Marr ... should be up soon

http://www.wnyc.org/story/johnny-marr-set-boy-free/

his nyc appearance sold out!

edit: quick paced,cheerful and pleasant enough exchange. Marr talks about the destiny of meeting M and describing them as the only two people on a planet who shared the same interests(or something like that).

Last edited:
Thanks Ketamine for the link. Will check it out.

I just got back from NYC gig. I was underwhelmed. The issue was really the "host" if you can call him that. Ian Svenonius seemed SO unprepared I thought. He introduces Johnny "here to talk about his book "Set Me Free".....really?.....

I think it just forced Johnny to stumble around instead of really having question/answer. I mean its not like this was unannounced, he had a few weeks notice to come up with some questions to drive the conversation.

Books were handed out already signed as you entered the venue. Johnny only came with a Jaguar guitar (different than the UK tour).....I was bummed as I really wanted to see him play that red 335 and a Rickenbacker :-( He played snippets of songs between dialog.....Hand In Glove, That Joke Isn't Funny (which it seemed like everyone's jaw hit the ground, it got quiet).....funny part towards end is when he realized his mic had fallen into his sport coat and he had only realized then....."you guys should have said something, I guess we'll start over...." or something to that effect which had the crowd yelling "OK!".....

He took a few questions from the crowd and then played a lengthy snippet of "How Soon Is Now". The show ended after that. I walked downstairs to see if there was any chance of meeting him again but security seemed to be pushing people out of the venue. So this was not a meet & great like in Manchester sadly.

It will be interesting to see reviews of the other shows. I'm sure Mr. Armisten will have his ducks in a row for the Portland session!

Will start reading the book this week......looking forwarding to it!

Thanks Ketamine for the link. Will check it out.

I just got back from NYC gig. I was underwhelmed. The issue was really the "host" if you can call him that. Ian Svenonius seemed SO unprepared I thought. He introduces Johnny "here to talk about his book "Set Me Free".....really?.....

I think it just forced Johnny to stumble around instead of really having question/answer. I mean its not like this was unannounced, he had a few weeks notice to come up with some questions to drive the conversation.

Books were handed out already signed as you entered the venue. Johnny only came with a Jaguar guitar (different than the UK tour).....I was bummed as I really wanted to see him play that red 335 and a Rickenbacker :-( He played snippets of songs between dialog.....Hand In Glove, That Joke Isn't Funny (which it seemed like everyone's jaw hit the ground, it got quiet).....funny part towards end is when he realized his mic had fallen into his sport coat and he had only realized then....."you guys should have said something, I guess we'll start over...." or something to that effect which had the crowd yelling "OK!".....

He took a few questions from the crowd and then played a lengthy snippet of "How Soon Is Now". The show ended after that. I walked downstairs to see if there was any chance of meeting him again but security seemed to be pushing people out of the venue. So this was not a meet & great like in Manchester sadly.

It will be interesting to see reviews of the other shows. I'm sure Mr. Armisten will have his ducks in a row for the Portland session!

Will start reading the book this week......looking forwarding to it!

Thanks for the report. Must have been nice to see Marr even if the interview didn't go well, don't think Ian is a fan(though he should have done his homework). Ever see that video of him trying to interview M.E.Smith? it's hilarious. Anyways, enjoy the read.

Good vid of SF book date here:

This is a Guitar Center interview here:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom