Johnny Marr teaches how to play The Headmaster Ritual

A commercial for Fender?

‘falling over yourselves with praise’ ?

You mean here on a Morrissey site visited by fans of Morrissey?

We shouldn’t be surprised.
I think the association with Fender guitars is a good thing but the need to rely on The Smiths to sell the guitars is maybe a problem. It's his music but if Morrissey hadn't been singing over it it's very unlikely it would be of much commercial value now.
Fender guitars have a history that the owners of the brand have neglected at times but if they are making a real effort to make quality guitars they really are a great brand. Leo Fender sold the name a long time ago but his ideas are still part of the company and historically important.
I like Stratocasters but if Fender is seriously taking artist input and improving the way these guitars work and sound I think it's a lot different than his ads for shoes. I don't begrudge anyone doing ads though. Anyone who makes their living as an artist and doesn't have a job is allowed to do what they need to do in my opinion. It's probably pretty expensive being Johnny Marr and I'm not sure the income he generates from his music is enough to live the lifestyle he probably got used to a long time ago.
I don't like it when musicians/rock stars switch to a brand they've never played just for an endorsement deal but he was playing Fender when he was broke and deserves to make something off the association.

Am I the only person who's always thought that this is a 'quite good' song rather than an 'absolute genius' song? Genuinely mystified.

Does anyone out there know an easy way to download this? (Everything I tried required downloading some app and then that lead me down a rabbit trail of some apps that would only record the first bit for free, then you had to pay.)

Does anyone out there know an easy way to download this? (Everything I tried required downloading some app and then that lead me down a rabbit trail of some apps that would only record the first bit for free, then you had to pay.)
Nevermind... just figured it out

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom