Johnny Marr wins 2021 Boss Lifetime Achievement Award

Screenshot_20210130-040754~2.png

Screenshot_20210130-040420~2.png

(Video stills from Marr's IG, Jan. 30th).

Article from 10 days prior:

Johnny Marr receives Boss Lifetime Achievement Award at NAMM Believe in Music Week

The Smiths legend and CE-2 Chorus pedal devotee is honored for “inspiring a generation to pick up a guitar”

Regards,
FWD.

Nice tributes from Iggy Pop, Stephen Street, Billy Duffy and tons of others. Johnny talks about some pedals he used in the Smiths, most notably the Boss Chorus pedal giving them a distinct sound. He really seems like a gear nerd who knows how to translate the sounds in his head into music. He's a really rare breed.

Is it an award or an advert?

johnboy marr supposedly came up with these almost impossible to play chords on the guitar and yet theres 15 year olds on youtube playing them like its the most normal thing in the world.did he thank the makers of the hair dye that hes uses by the gallon.

Giving an award to someone because they've used your gear is a bit strange.

Who here uses toilet roll?

Well, lucky you!

For you! >>> 🏆

johnboy marr supposedly came up with these almost impossible to play chords on the guitar and yet theres 15 year olds on youtube playing them like its the most normal thing in the world.did he thank the makers of the hair dye that hes uses by the gallon.

It doesn't matter how hard or easy they are to play, it matters how beautiful they are and that he created them.

Any reason you're so bitter? Looks like Stephen Street, Iggy Pop and many others appreciate Johnny contribution to music.

Any reason you're so bitter? Looks like Stephen Street, Iggy Pop and many others appreciate Johnny contribution to music.
just being truthful.just you concentrate on the new order thread below,yer mate hooky might get a mention.

just being truthful.just you concentrate on the new order thread below,yer mate hooky might get a mention.

Well seeing as you’re a no mark and all the other contributions on the video are from pretty well known people in the music industry, I think I will appreciate their thoughts rather than yours.

most successful songwriting duos are a combination of light and dark, yin and yang. Johnny is clearly a sweet guy and a cool cat. well deserved award.

What side of the bed did you wake up on?

Well seeing as you’re a no mark and all the other contributions on the video are from pretty well known people in the music industry, I think I will appreciate their thoughts rather than yours.
can you explain what a no mark actually is,its one of those put downs which means nothing.in fact the definition of no in scotland is not,so in future can you call me a not mark.

Which 'almost impossible to play chords' would those be? Do you actually play guitar?

Inspiring others is why he won the award. Do you think those kids on YouTube could teach Jesse Tobias to play Johnny's songs - he's a bit shit?

Well done Johnny boy. :guitar: Tony Visconti popped up in the video too, very nice.

Last edited:
Which 'almost impossible to play chords' would those be? Do you actually play guitar?
many times have we heard how soon is now was so hard to do that johnboy has actually forgotten how to play it.i play the triangle,only has three hits which i call the pyramid.

He'll be walking on air after hearing Iggy's tribute, lovely.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom