Johnny Marr wins 2021 Boss Lifetime Achievement Award

Screenshot_20210130-040754~2.png

Screenshot_20210130-040420~2.png

(Video stills from Marr's IG, Jan. 30th).

Article from 10 days prior:

Johnny Marr receives Boss Lifetime Achievement Award at NAMM Believe in Music Week

The Smiths legend and CE-2 Chorus pedal devotee is honored for “inspiring a generation to pick up a guitar”

Regards,
FWD.

Star and garter WILL happen this year .... then our hearts will be full...
Hopefully I’ll be showing you my Moz tattoo....
Villa fan eh.....
Remember David Geddis from your European stunning victory in 1982?????
Of course you do....
He was a Carlisle lad....
I went through secondary school with his younger brother.....

Star and garter WILL happen this year .... then our hearts will be full...
Hopefully I’ll be showing you my Moz tattoo....
Villa fan eh.....
Remember David Geddis from your European stunning victory in 1982?????
Of course you do....
He was a Carlisle lad....
I went through secondary school with his younger brother.....
fingers crossed mate and will look forward to seeing the new ink 👍 certainly remember David Geddis, just reading a book called 'Ticket to the Moon' which is all about the 82 team. I didn't go to my first game until mid 80s but have loads of programmes from the early 80s From when my old man went with my uncle.

And the rest of us 🤙🤙🤙🤙
Great to see Johnny boy getting the attention he so deserves....
The Messenger is one of my fave albums.....
And when I went to see him live in 2013 , I was at the front , with my Queen is dead t shirt on,
At one break in the guitar, he stopped and pointed at me for about 3-4 seconds .... stared straight into my eyes .....
I was gob smacked😎😎
I remember thinking what wonderful hair he had 🥰🥰🥰
The Messenger is one of your fave records? Are the pubs back open in Carlisle?

fingers crossed mate and will look forward to seeing the new ink 👍 certainly remember David Geddis, just reading a book called 'Ticket to the Moon' which is all about the 82 team. I didn't go to my first game until mid 80s but have loads of programmes from the early 80s From when my old man went with my uncle.
Awwwww to young to remember the villas greatest achievement....
When villa won the European cup , next day at school, it got a mention at the main morning assembly by the head master.... then just a normal day for his brother....

Can you imagine that...
Your older brother wins the European cup and your at school the next day...😩😩😩😩
Other notable “stars” from Carlisle
Are Peter Beardsley.....
His brother in law was in the same year as Geddis and me...
and another bloke (can’t remember his name) he played under Bobby Robson at Ipswich.....
late 70s- early 80s....

🤒

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: is such a perfect guitar twat yet thousands if not millions of 15 yrs olds on youtube play his "complicated"😡 little clicky :guitar: almost immediately. What the Le :frogface: makes you think is comet science is done up in a few seconds by millions on youtube🤒
and the Cribs get 'cribbed':handpointleft:
by the Le :frogface::blushing:

now we hear of a 'so called' "NEW ALBUM" that is nowhere to be seen.
Yesterday, today, tomorrow nothing.:blushing:

Kevin Beatie .....Was his name...

In a football programme I seen years ago .... Think it was called Games of their lives??
Bobby Robson was the guest....
He spoke about all his football achievements.. ECT ECT,
Then he was asked “who was the best player you ever managed”
Baring in mind Bobby managed Barcelona....
his reply was Kevin Beatie.....
I think he had to retire at about 27 with a knee injury.....
Bobby Robson and his wife met Kevin at Ipswich station when Kevin got signed to them... from Carlisle United at a young age .

Kevin stayed at the Robson family home and was taken under their wings ..... Bobby Robson ... A real Gentleman 😘😘😘

What’s wrong with the Messenger..
A great effort.... and more importantly, the only album me and my wife EVER agreed on,
Except, Banarmarama, Erasure , and Wham....
Club Tropicana ..... I danced and sang for my wife , and she enjoyed my manly legs.... 🤩🤩🤩🤩

Sorry Bunbury, Peter Beardsley was from Hexham...
Half way from Carlisle to Newcastle,
He did marry a Carlisle lass, that’s how I knew his brother in law from school...
Beardsley and Liniker would have went on to win the World Cup...
If it wasn’t for ..............
But don’t get me started on “another dead star on here “
THE BASTARD............

Weellllll Hovis, try this one ,
THE BEST INDIE ALBUM EVER
The first 6 tracks are
Manics
Steriofonics
Iggy pop
Placebo ( very apt)
The cure........
Other notables .....
The dandy warholes
Left field
Stereo mcs
Peter Bjorn and John.....
I hope these will calm your cantankerous ways of late.....
It’s soon gonna be opening time again 😜😜😜😜😜😜😜
We didn’t panic in 1939...😜

Yes, Tiny-B! ...”mates rates” at the tattoo/nail parlour. Nothing screams quality like a variety shop salon.

Sounds about your speed, kiddo.
Tiny- B bored with shit posters.
Tiny-B having nice time with Educated Moz fans...
Tiny-B upset that no more Annons
Can keep up with Tiny -B
On the piss taking scale...

Tiny -B ..... is bored.......
Up thy game or gan to bed....
At least give me something to work with ...... 🤪

Kevin Beatie .....Was his name...

In a football programme I seen years ago .... Think it was called Games of their lives??
Bobby Robson was the guest....
He spoke about all his football achievements.. ECT ECT,
Then he was asked “who was the best player you ever managed”
Baring in mind Bobby managed Barcelona....
his reply was Kevin Beatie.....
I think he had to retire at about 27 with a knee injury.....
Bobby Robson and his wife met Kevin at Ipswich station when Kevin got signed to them... from Carlisle United at a young age .

Kevin stayed at the Robson family home and was taken under their wings ..... Bobby Robson ... A real Gentleman 😘😘😘

Kevin was much loved in the Ipswich area. It was very sad when he died the other year. PS.....I remember David Geddis......had a fine set of blond locks....looked like a pop star of the time.

Kevin was much loved in the Ipswich area. It was very sad when he died the other year. PS.....I remember David Geddis......had a fine set of blond locks....looked like a pop star of the time.
Quite right there Hoff, Kevin was from the rough area of Carlisle, and it was rough....
But he never returned to Carlisle as his family took the piss, sold all his medals for drink ECT...
He was from a rough family...
However he made a comfortable life for himself in Ipswich and was a “minor celebrity “ doing local radio football ECT.....
As I posted earlier, his greatest attribute would have been Bobby Robson saying he was the greatest player he ever worked with, baring in mind Robson worked with Ronaldo, at Barcelona...
Carlisle for promotion this year,

Do you play Radis???
I don’t,
Tell me what you play, I know a little about guitars....
What’s your fave songs to play???
I don't play much these days, mainly because my children complain when I do. Roll on the day when they go back to school.
Smiths songs I like playing include 'Some Girls...', 'Girl Afraid', 'I Don't Owe You Anything', 'These Things Take Time,' and 'This Charming Man.' Any of the songs with an interesting guitar part really. There are a few Morrissey solo songs which are quite good in that respect, such as IBEH, 'Certain People I Know', and 'Hold On To Your Friends'.

I'm assuming there's a wall on the left?
theres four walls,usually one with a door and another one will normally have a window.im sure your sitting in some sort of room right now.

Awwwww to young to remember the villas greatest achievement....
When villa won the European cup , next day at school, it got a mention at the main morning assembly by the head master.... then just a normal day for his brother....

Can you imagine that...
Your older brother wins the European cup and your at school the next day...😩😩😩😩
Other notable “stars” from Carlisle
Are Peter Beardsley.....
His brother in law was in the same year as Geddis and me...
and another bloke (can’t remember his name) he played under Bobby Robson at Ipswich.....
late 70s- early 80s....
That's brilliant love it. Great story👍 I found the attached programme from 1982 the main man is involved!
Peter Beardsley scored quite a few goals against us we never seemed to handle him very well.
when we won the leauge in 80 81 we just pipped Ipswich. I don't think we beat them that season. We lost the last game at Arsenal and they also lost 3 points would have secured them the title, the gods were smiling on us.

Attachments

• IMG_20210131_112159.jpg
    IMG_20210131_112159.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210131_111612.jpg
    IMG_20210131_111612.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 0
Sorry Bunbury, Peter Beardsley was from Hexham...
Half way from Carlisle to Newcastle,
He did marry a Carlisle lass, that’s how I knew his brother in law from school...
Beardsley and Liniker would have went on to win the World Cup...
If it wasn’t for ..............
But don’t get me started on “another dead star on here “
THE BASTARD............
we got away with a handball last night mate 😉

I don't play much these days, mainly because my children complain when I do. Roll on the day when they go back to school.
Smiths songs I like playing include 'Some Girls...', 'Girl Afraid', 'I Don't Owe You Anything', 'These Things Take Time,' and 'This Charming Man.' Any of the songs with an interesting guitar part really. There are a few Morrissey solo songs which are quite good in that respect, such as IBEH, 'Certain People I Know', and 'Hold On To Your Friends'.

:mad:

all bums on the dole play the dumb clack :guitar:
this is common knowledge
instead of finding a proper job:blushing:

Actually, I’m now just wondering who the other contestants in line were to win this? Or did they pick from a hat?

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom