Johnny Marr's son Nile posts Instagram story with answer from user that criticizes Moz

• Thread starter nomiklausmalone
  • Start date
EXHGQxoUEAEZMI_

I think he should. The collaboration between Johnny and Morrissey has given him a wealthy childhood and a famous surname - both pretty useful if you're trying to establish yourself in the music industry. To deny this much seems petty and immature.
Your response has nothing to do with my original statement.

Grateful for his private schooling, the privilege of growing up in Bowdon rather than Wythenshawe, travelling and having the luxury of devoting his time to an as-yet-unsuccessful band in place of an ordinary job? Yeah, he should be grateful, to both Morrissey and Johnny.

JM has been using his connections to push his kid's band for years now and try to get him some exposure - to little avail. Nile is a great guitarist (naturally) but he has not yet achieved anything through his own efforts. Paul McCartney's son is 40-odd and is exactly the same - both would be working in bars if not for their surname.
f*** that. And nothing you said disputes what I said. Ridiculous. He should be thankful for what his dad has provided. But Morrissey? Good grief. Dumb.

i love how only a handful of people on here realize how instagram works...he didn't write this, someone else did, in response to his question of "give me your best tourism slogans of manchester"
Ah so that will explain why I couldn't find it on his IG feed earlier.

If you were heir to a dubious fortune produced by an unpleasant man known for a lengthy downhill slide into the typical ranting grandpa trap (seriously Morrissey, how very boring and ordinary!) I think it's perfectly natural to enjoy the money and the trappings while being dismissive of the one who grabbed it up in the first place. My great grandmother was a very racist woman, but I still enjoyed my cut when she carked it.
I like your style. Take the racists' money.

i love how only a handful of people on here realize how instagram works...he didn't write this, someone else did, in response to his question of "give me your best tourism slogans of manchester"
He's endorsed it, though, by posting it. So it doesn't much matter that he didn't write it, he's saying he agrees with it.

Your response has nothing to do with my original statement.
Yes it does. You said: 'Leave it to this lot to some how spin the idea that Marr’s son should someone how be indebted and grateful to Morrissey.'
I said he is indebted, because he has profited handsomely, in several ways, from that partnership.

Please elaborate. Go ahead and flesh out your points.

Why do you always do this? Negate the obvious.
The manufactured media plot that everything Morrissey represents is bad has been so asserted on a whole generation that they don't even question why? Why are they sorry for Morrissey? Why are you? Could it be because boomers like you don't like to look bad in front of others? Therefore anything I respond to afterwards will be met negatively with words like "deluded" "mad" "arse kissing" and the like...

Why do you always do this? Negate the obvious.
The manufactured media plot that everything Morrissey represents is bad has been so asserted on a whole generation that they don't even question why? Why are they sorry for Morrissey? Why are you? Could it be because boomers like you don't like to look bad in front of others? Therefore anything I respond to afterwards will be met negatively with words like "deluded" "mad" "arse kissing" and the like...
I was asking you to quote the points where you assert that Morrissey was 'treated like shit'. Go ahead. In your own time.

This so sad to see....

Andy wouldn't have to DJ.....kin DJ. He's one of the best bass players in history.
Mike wouldn't need to be a radio DJ
Johnny wouldn't have to play to the London music hall
Morrissey wouldn't need to play at venues no one has heard of.

If they ever got back together they could sell out Wembley stadium in a heartbeat.
that is the reason why they shouldn't get back together.it would be like four strangers in an escape room.

That's very true. If Marr hadn't come knocking on the door when he did Moz could well have ended up in a ditch. Marr saved Morrissey. Whereas Marr was always going to amount to something in the music world - he was always going to find a lyricist of some sort. Thank the stars or the fates that it was such a fortunate alignment.
he might have found a lyricist but how good would the lyricist have been.

I was asking you to quote the points where you assert that Morrissey was 'treated like shit'. Go ahead. In your own time.

The time is NOW. What reality do you live in? Our exchange is based on an event where a young influencer (unfortunately he is) has collaboratived a post that expresses a negative view of Morrissey. I know I'm empathetic towards the guy but isn't Manchester also his city. How horrible would that feel? And how ungraciously we have benefited from such artistically creatively driven suffering.

As some folks here have been saying. Yes, ungrateful.

Nile probably wouldn’t even have been born if it wasn’t for Morrissey.

Besides love. I’m sure financial security had some part in the Marr’s decision to have a child.

:cool:

The time is NOW. What reality do you live in? Our exchange is based on an event where a young influencer (unfortunately he is) has collaboratived a post that expresses a negative view of Morrissey. I know I'm empathetic towards the guy but isn't Manchester also his city. How horrible would that feel? And how ungraciously we have benefited from such artistically creatively driven suffering.
So no examples then?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom