Johnny Marr's son Nile posts Instagram story with answer from user that criticizes Moz

• Thread starter nomiklausmalone
  • Start date
EXHGQxoUEAEZMI_

Morrissey has said awful (and hilarious) shit about so many people and you laugh it off because you have a sense of humor. Johnny Marr's son makes the most benign little dig and you snowflakes lose your minds and turn this non-story into a 9-page thread.

What else would you expect from a "love him or hate him" board dedicated to Morrissey?

Looks like the reunion is back off then...... some interesting posts here about Johnny, and his failed career. ........ I always took the view that after the smiths Johnny just wanted freedom, and to play with his heroes or just to please him self, which is what he has done..... The messanger was a superb solo album, I got to see him play it live in manchester 2013 he was mesmerising, his band were great to..... i was at the front with my queen is dead t shirt on and at one point he just looked into my eyes and pointed at me for about 5 seconds... It was slightly odd listening to him sing the smiths songs though but I soon got into it and he done a fine job with the moz bits...... The crowed was manic, better than at a moz gig ,probably because it was a smaller venue, a truely magical gig....... ps Johnny was superb at glastonberry last summer, he and the killer's made glasto very special , a true star, or legend can only do this sort of collaboration unannounced..... By Just waltzing on the stage and and plying like he does, it will be a few years yet , that this will happen again at glastonberry.....

Home to the Smiths, except for Morrissey, surely?
Apart from Mike Joyce, the others have come and gone over the years. Los Angeles/Switzerland/everywhere for Morrissey, Portland for Johnny Marr and New York for Andy Rourke. Manchester will always be home to Morrissey and the Smiths though.

Yes it does. You said: 'Leave it to this lot to some how spin the idea that Marr’s son should someone how be indebted and grateful to Morrissey.'
I said he is indebted, because he has profited handsomely, in several ways, from that partnership.
Ah. Sorry. I see, you spun it too. Cheers.

Those first two Electronic albums were pop perfection.
I think the first two 12" were amazing (and their b-sides): Getting Away With It and Get The Message. I liked their first album but bits of it were a bit 'soft' generic filler imho. I don't think Electronic lived up to the potential of having Marr and Sumner in the one group. I always wonder what would have happened if Marr had joined New Order. Would Hooky have left, would they have made great music or just generic electronica jangles.

Those first two Electronic albums were pop perfection.
And Johnny did some great work with THE THE, so he did ok in the first few years after The Smiths. But no comparison to Moz: Your Arsenal, Vauxhall, Quarry, Ringleader, etc and a ton of brilliant songs like Jack The Ripper, I've Changed My Plea To Guilty, Nobody Loves Us. Moz's output has been exceptional and prolific, apart from some cold desert nights between record deals.

I think the first two 12" were amazing (and their b-sides): Getting Away With It and Get The Message. I liked their first album but bits of it were a bit 'soft' generic filler imho. I don't think Electronic lived up to the potential of having Marr and Sumner in the one group. I always wonder what would have happened if Marr had joined New Order. Would Hooky have left, would they have made great music or just generic electronica jangles.
Given they followed the sublime Technique with the pedestrian Republic, I imagine New Order themselves would’ve been reflecting on what could’ve been by 1994.

More recent New Order songs, such as Academic, seem to be created around the premise that Marr is actually now playing in the band.

It has got to happen soon. It seems a natural next step for both.

Food for thought, but Johnny wouldn't have sat around for 10 years waiting to do an album....I liked electronic, a slightly younger version of the traveling wilburys, but no less talented...

Some of you don’t understand how Instagram stories work. You ask people to pose a question and you answer it. So this is in fact Nile Marr saying this, not him reposting something someone else said. The guy’s obviously a bigger twat than his father, and that’s saying something since Johnny has proven to be a considerable twat himself.

Some of you don’t understand how Instagram stories work. You ask people to pose a question and you answer it. So this is in fact Nile Marr saying this, not him reposting something someone else said. The guy’s obviously a bigger twat than his father, and that’s saying something since Johnny has proven to be a considerable twat himself.
Um... You may wish to check your facts.
The initial question 'Give me...' was asked of his followers exactly like this:

20200505_025342.jpg

They respond and he reposts them and it looks like this (exactly like the Manchester question I witnessed with my own eyes when it happened):

20200505_025811.jpg

So, this 'in fact' isn't what you assert - nice try though.
That's as much time this is getting from myself.
FWD.

(Thought the hair example would be appreciated).

Last edited:

You've got it exactly wrong. Nile is the one asking the question.

I like your style. Take the racists' money.
Seriously though- anybody on here were to suddenly have access to a nice windfall, they wouldn't be turning it down just because they didn't like the person responsible. Hell, America isn't throwing their $1200.00 Trump bucks checks in the trash.

Skinny good to see that you agree with yourself.

Skinny you are Frosty the Snowman.

Skinny had not it been for Moz, LePew Marr would be begging for alms and would not have been able to afford his wig. Is that fleshed out enough for you?

Skinny, "Morrissey Sucks" "Morrissey Sucks" and close it out
with 'Radis Noir"..... is that some sort of troll trifecta?
wGJRA8luKKsA.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom