Johnny Marr's son Nile posts Instagram story with answer from user that criticizes Moz

• Thread starter nomiklausmalone
  • Start date
EXHGQxoUEAEZMI_

Yea, IANADOAC is in essence the the proper 5th Smiths Album. Everyone says so.
That's gotta hurt. We're sorry Niles darling.

There is no way in hell that album is on par with a Smiths album! That’s absolute rubbish!

Leave it to this lot to some how spin the idea that Marr’s son should someone how be indebted and grateful to Morrissey.

Grateful for his private schooling, the privilege of growing up in Bowdon rather than Wythenshawe, travelling and having the luxury of devoting his time to an as-yet-unsuccessful band in place of an ordinary job? Yeah, he should be grateful, to both Morrissey and Johnny.

JM has been using his connections to push his kid's band for years now and try to get him some exposure - to little avail. Nile is a great guitarist (naturally) but he has not yet achieved anything through his own efforts. Paul McCartney's son is 40-odd and is exactly the same - both would be working in bars if not for their surname.

Last edited:
Johnny Marr is a very diplomatic person who is usually careful not to criticise Moz and to keep their relationship private. I'm not sure he'll be thrilled with his son about this.

"with Nigel Farage on guitars" ...

there is nothing diplomatic to be when u oppose rightwing supporters and rightly so

This is where Morrissey is. Sadly and Unfortunately he’s become an embarrassment, not through his music but through his behaviour. People no longer want to be associated with him. He has done this to himself.

As usual the few people left on this page come running to defend Morrissey and chastise anyone who has a go..

The right wing links posted on Morrissey Central last month were another final straw for me. It’s all very sad

I think it’s quite the opposite, the the, pretenders, electronic, modest mouse, cribs, solo...... Morrissey was shit after vauxhaul.
Name one song then. Absolutely dire post Smiths. Morrissey has and always will have charisma and has had a stellar solo career and is recognisable in every continent in the world.
Marr couldn’t sell out a social club in America Australia South America etc etc

There is no way in hell that album is on par with a Smiths album! That’s absolute rubbish!
I did say "In essence". I didn't say it was as great as any Smiths album. It's a feeling I remember well from my 20s. I resent this dudes post and hope not to hear him ever sing a Morrissey lyric again. No one loves Johnny more than I.

Name one song then. Absolutely dire post Smiths. Morrissey has and always will have charisma and has had a stellar solo career and is recognisable in every continent in the world.
Marr couldn’t sell out a social club in America Australia South America etc etc

Yes he has had a stellar solo career, shame it's on the wane now. He must be wondering how the hell did Johnny's Call The Comet outsell California Son and IANADOAC? Not sure why you think Johnny couldn't sellout a social club in the US, he certainly didn't play any last year. Playing support for the Killers this year should give him some great exposure in the US as well.

JohnnyMarr-2019-Tour.jpg

"with Nigel Farage on guitars" ...

there is nothing diplomatic to be when u oppose rightwing supporters and rightly so

Pretty mild swipe though, really. If he had said, "Tommy Robinson on vocals" it might have been a bit different.

It must be difficult for Nile to step out from his dads shadow : I went to see his band a few years back at a tiny venue nearby on the off chance that JM might appear : it was rammed with people obviously there for the same reason . They were ok but he seemed a bit full of himself with his Bikini Kill badge .. then i think daddy got him the Hans Zimmer gig ( JM didnt turn up either )

It could have been funny coming from a totally anonymous Mancunian, but it is ridiculous coming from JM's son.

Nile is a great guitarist (naturally) but he has not yet achieved anything through his own efforts. Paul McCartney's son is 40-odd and is exactly the same - both would be working in bars if not for their surname.

Ditto Lil' Sammy. Should be flipping burgers in McDonalds, but now has a 'career' as a photographer thanks to Uncle Moz.

Yes he has had a stellar solo career, shame it's on the wane now. He must be wondering how the hell did Johnny's Call The Comet outsell California Son and IANADOAC? Not sure why you think Johnny couldn't sellout a social club in the US, he certainly didn't play any last year. Playing support for the Killers this year should give him some great exposure in the US as well.
Dude, you seem to be confusing first week sales in the UK with total sales internationally unless you have that data? If so, please share.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom