Johnny Marr's son Nile posts Instagram story with answer from user that criticizes Moz

• Thread starter nomiklausmalone
  • Start date
EXHGQxoUEAEZMI_

I know Brandon cant wait to sing Charming Man, but after dragging his small children into his comments on the Smiths and Morrissey maybe he can leave the Smiths alone now. He's said enough. We'll see if JM goes ahead with Killers plans. I just hope not. Maybe Niles can go a few hours without singing Morrissey lyrics. Us old Smiths fans are whiny. But funny. Peace.

Johnny Marr is a very diplomatic person who is usually careful not to criticise Moz and to keep their relationship private. I'm not sure he'll be thrilled with his son about this.
You mean like when the last round of reunion rumours came around and Johnny replied "what, with Nigel Farage on guitar?"

Can't decide whether it's disgraceful or distasteful. Maybe both.

Yes he has had a stellar solo career, shame it's on the wane now. He must be wondering how the hell did Johnny's Call The Comet outsell California Son and IANADOAC? Not sure why you think Johnny couldn't sellout a social club in the US, he certainly didn't play any last year. Playing support for the Killers this year should give him some great exposure in the US as well.

View attachment 56271

This so sad to see....

Andy wouldn't have to DJ.....kin DJ. He's one of the best bass players in history.
Mike wouldn't need to be a radio DJ
Johnny wouldn't have to play to the London music hall
Morrissey wouldn't need to play at venues no one has heard of.

If they ever got back together they could sell out Wembley stadium in a heartbeat.

I think he should. The collaboration between Johnny and Morrissey has given him a wealthy childhood and a famous surname - both pretty useful if you're trying to establish yourself in the music industry. To deny this much seems petty and immature.
If you were heir to a dubious fortune produced by an unpleasant man known for a lengthy downhill slide into the typical ranting grandpa trap (seriously Morrissey, how very boring and ordinary!) I think it's perfectly natural to enjoy the money and the trappings while being dismissive of the one who grabbed it up in the first place. My great grandmother was a very racist woman, but I still enjoyed my cut when she carked it.

This so sad to see....

Andy wouldn't have to DJ.....kin DJ. He's one of the best bass players in history.
Mike wouldn't need to be a radio DJ
Johnny wouldn't have to play to the London music hall
Morrissey wouldn't need to play at venues no one has heard of.

If they ever got back together they could sell out Wembley stadium in a heartbeat.

Not a remote chance of selling out Wembley Stadium. They were never a band of mass appeal like U2, Coldplay, Oasis etc. Even before all the recent ghastly 'please support For Britain, I-prefer-my-own-race nonsense', most people hated Steve (and The Smiths) just because he was an anti-royalist, weirdo, miserable vegetarian. Of course, they could sell more tickets than either does solo but the maximum scale would be arena tour rather than stadium.

I disagree. Moz is, at least, 70% of The Smiths: lyrics, voice, philosophy, aesthetics, attitude... The Smiths' spirit and soul are Morrissey's spirit and soul.
I bet if there was a questionnaire re 80's music and it was compulsory for the entire UK public to complete and they were asked who was in The Smiths, Morrissey would be the first name they'd write down, in some answers his may be the only name. I like Johnny but his whole career after The Smiths has been patchy to say the least, Modest Mouse, The Cribs are just two examples of badly named bands he should never have been near, never mind joined.

I thought Nile Marr played for Barcelona.
You're thinking of Mile Narr.

Not a remote chance of selling out Wembley Stadium. They were never a band of mass appeal like U2, Coldplay, Oasis etc. Even before all the recent ghastly 'please support For Britain, I-prefer-my-own-race nonsense', most people hated Steve (and The Smiths) just because he was an anti-royalist, weirdo, miserable vegetarian. Of course, they could sell more tickets than either does solo but the maximum scale would be arena tour rather than stadium.
"most people hated Steve (and The Smiths)"...Absolute nonsense, have you actually followed Morrissey's career and seen him live anywhere around the World? You haven't got a clue pal ?

Can't decide whether it's disgraceful or distasteful. Maybe both.
Disgracetasteful maybe?

I feel confident Marr would’ve succeeded without Morrissey. But the latter needed the stars to align.

That's very true. If Marr hadn't come knocking on the door when he did Moz could well have ended up in a ditch. Marr saved Morrissey. Whereas Marr was always going to amount to something in the music world - he was always going to find a lyricist of some sort. Thank the stars or the fates that it was such a fortunate alignment.

i love how only a handful of people on here realize how instagram works...he didn't write this, someone else did, in response to his question of "give me your best tourism slogans of manchester"

Why should he be backing him? I have plenty of people I was friends or coworkers with back in the day that grew to be far different people. I think Johnny's been pretty unambiguous about how he feels in recent years.
Yeah but you and your ex workmates weren't The Smiths...Morrissey & Marr are linked as one of the best songwriting partnerships in the history of UK music, nothing can ever taint that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom