Judge John Weeks dead (April 2021)

Excerpt:

His Honour John Weeks QC​

It is with much regret that we report that Master Weeks (His Honour John Weeks QC) sadly died on the Easter weekend, aged 82. The Inn’s flag will fly at half-mast on Monday 19 April 2021, in his memory.

Master Weeks was called to the Bar in 1963 and took Silk in 1983. In 1991 he was appointed a circuit judge on the Western Circuit and as a Chancery Circuit judge in 1997 until his retirement in 2006.

He was elected a Judicial Governing Bencher in 1996.

Details of any funeral and/or memorial service will be circulated as appropriate in due course.

Last edited by a moderator:
would it be 25% splits in "Morrissey & The Smiths" which it clearly could have been....

Dickie Felton?
It would appear so
He has a very large opinion of himself, and his opinions, of which he just loves to force on people. No agency is safe from him trying to force his opinions on them. Be it Music, football or anything else he wants to force upon folk.

I’m pretty sure it was a gentleman’s agreement, or in this case, a ... charmingman’s agreement between the band members.

Mike uncharmingly broke that agreement.
You are "Pretty Sure" based on what exactly?

Coming from you I think that's praise, isn't it?
:rolleyes:

says the troll who posted that FH Mike and DH Andy were superstars in the studio and the stage:crazy:
when everybody knows directed themo_O
there is a reason they ve been unemployed since:hammer:
leave to radish to be ignorant of music 101:hammer:

The legal error was that there was one given talent (since proven by a solo career) the extras could have been anyone. (Since proven also) Tell me the names of Eric Claptons band? Exactly.
That isn't a legal error, just a matter of opinion

You are "Pretty Sure" based on what exactly?

If Mike and Andy couldn’t see that Morrissey and Marr were the captains of the ship and therefore
would get a larger cut, then I don’t know what to say.

Anyway wasn’t it assumed by M and M that Andy and Mike agreed to 10 percent? And strangely this ‘error’ wasn’t noticed by Mike and Andy until years later when their personal funds were probably diminishing? But during The Smiths time they were fine with it?

If Mike and Andy couldn’t see that Morrissey and Marr were the captains of the ship and therefore
would get a larger cut, then I don’t know what to say.

Anyway wasn’t it assumed by M and M that Andy and Mike agreed to 10 percent? And strangely this ‘error’ wasn’t noticed by Mike and Andy until years later when their personal funds were probably diminishing? But during The Smiths time they were fine with it?
Assumed..... doesn't stand up in court.

I read somewhere it was only after the band had ended when Andy and Mike (or their accountants) realised they were not on 25%

Well. In my opinion it’s absolutely a legal error. The Judge lacked judgment. If that’s not a legal error I don’t know what is. Geoffrey.
And your opinion counts for absolutely f*** all in the legal world. Sorry to be so blunt.

opinion? neither twat has had a job outside of scamming moz FFS🥸
radish probably think they are both fleet custodians but
in reality both remain unemployed:hammer:
Mike has drummed for Buzzcocks, Sinead O' Conner, Public Image Ltd, Julian Cope, Pete Wylie
Andy has played bass with Sinead O' Conner, Badly Drawn Boy and others too

Next question

I think it's certainly true that Morrissey and Johnny should have gotten everything down in writing. Johnny has said that is his biggest regret.

It's also true to say though, that we now know that the group were (even discounting the songwriting) a million miles away from being equals. Morrissey and Johnny were managing the band, organizing tours and holding meetings with music moguls, the rhythm section (as Richard Boon referred to them) were in another room watching TV.

I don't think it's credible that Mike always believed he was on 25%, but I can understand why he went to court. A lawyer probably told him that he had a case as nothing was written down, and he went for it. I get that.

I can equally understand why Morrissey and Johnny haven't spoken to him in the 25 years since. Especially Morrissey, as Mike confirmed that his lawyers did look into trying to claim Morrissey's mother's house and, while you could argue that Morrissey should have paid up straight away, I don't think anyone would forgive that.

Mike has drummed for Buzzcocks, Sinead O' Conner, Public Image Ltd, Julian Cope, Pete Wylie
Andy has played bass with Sinead O' Conner, Badly Drawn Boy and others too

Next question
'attempted'o_O
fired forthwith. like getting a job selling sausages sandwiches and the first
day you cant manage to put on the bread.:hammer:

the ‘justice’ system....

Legalized theft ....

:cool:

I think it's certainly true that Morrissey and Johnny should have gotten everything down in writing. Johnny has said that is his biggest regret.

It's also true to say though, that we now know that the group were (even discounting the songwriting) a million miles away from being equals. Morrissey and Johnny were managing the band, organizing tours and holding meetings with music moguls, the rhythm section (as Richard Boon referred to them) were in another room watching TV.

I don't think it's credible that Mike always believed he was on 25%, but I can understand why he went to court. A lawyer probably told him that he had a case as nothing was written down, and he went for it. I get that.

I can equally understand why Morrissey and Johnny haven't spoken to him in the 25 years since. Especially Morrissey, as Mike confirmed that his lawyers did look into trying to claim Morrissey's mother's house and, while you could argue that Morrissey should have paid up straight away, I don't think anyone would forgive that.
Mike's lawyers did not go after Morrissey's mums house. They went after assets that Morrissey had bought - which included 2 houses - one he put in his sister's name and the other put in his mum's name. As soon as that was established, the lawyers could not do a thing and therefore "Morrissey's mum's house" was not targeted.

Morrissey and Johnny were managing the band, organizing tours and holding meetings with music moguls, the rhythm section (as Richard Boon referred to them) were in another room watching TV.
Let's just go back to 1982 and 1983 when Mike and Andy joined the band.
Joe Moss was the manager, he was organising tours and everything else etc..... surely he had evidence that the 40 / 40 / 10 / 10 % split was in place?
What's that you say? He didn't?
I rest my case M'lud.....

opinion? neither twat has had a job outside of scamming moz FFS🥸
radish probably think they are both fleet custodians but
in reality both remain unemployed:hammer:
Before the first lockdown Andy Rourke was working in a band called "Blitz Vega". Is Blitz Vega still going? They even got to record at Abbey Road Studios. Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke live off of "The Smiths" name to a large extent. Do you think Sinead O'Connor would have worked with them if they had been unknown musicians? Sinead O'Connor liked them because they had been in "The Smiths". Mike Joyce even bragged about sleeping with Sinead O'Connor. Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke should be grateful to Morrissey for everything he gave them. Instead they took him to court for money. Morrissey should have won that court case.

I think Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke saw Morrissey as a Daddy figure who was going to provide for them for the rest of their lives. Why couldn't they ask their real fathers for money? I guess their real fathers were not as rich or famous as Morrissey is.

MC Eulogy sounds like it could be Morrissey’s rapper moniker

Deviou§, Truculent and Unreliable

The hot new single from MC Eulogy feat. A$AP Rocky*

Out Now 🔥

View attachment 73255
(Cover art not final)

*25% of proceeds to be donated to the Joyce Foundation, a charity providing Legal Aid for drummers in need
Aha ja ja ja !!!! That finger sinks and bothers in the holes of some !!! I love that picture !!! Oh Moz you are beautiful and rude you are Moz !!!!!! As I love Moz!!!!!!hermosooo y maleducadoo lo amoo!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom