Ken Jennings defends racist, anti-semitic friend

"Reports earlier this week from Claire McNear of "The Ringer" reveal that Richards has an extended history of disparaging and offensive remarks about women, Asians, people on unemployment, short people, and Jews."

That's why he stepped down!!?? He sounds like my kind of guy. God, I wish he was still the host. I don't care about the cronyism or the conniving or any of that any more which initially didn't sit right with me, all is forgiven :cry:
youre superb :lbf:

I personally can’t wait until LeVar Burton, a proud black man and beloved figure to my generation as host of Reading Rainbow, takes over as the face of Jeopardy. :tiphat:

Precisely! :handpointdown::handpointdown:

There are people out there determined to get LeVar Burton into the role by any means necessary, and many of them don't even watch Jeopardy.

Thanks for proving my point for me.

tony the tiger fishing GIF by Frosted Flakes

If you had watched even one episode with LeVar as Jeopardy! guest host you would know how bad he was in the role. Even his supporters (those who actually watch the show) had no choice but to admit to it. But you don't watch the show because you don't have the knowledge, and watching it would force you to face up to that fact. I'm sure there's a stream online of a recent concert by the accused rapist Bob Dylan that you can view though; stick to what you're comfortable with and where you feel at home. Just like on here, you've been sticking to what you know by reusing the same insults and trolling tactics for a year and a half. You've found your level, you think it's good enough, and you're complacent. Through watching Jeopardy!, if you paid attention, you might slowly start to improve yourself and expand your knowledge base but I know that sounds too much like hard work for a shallow guy like you :(

If you had watched even one episode with LeVar as Jeopardy! guest host you would know how bad he was in the role. Even his supporters (those who actually watch the show) had no choice but to admit to it. But you don't watch the show because you don't have the knowledge, and watching it would force you to face up to that fact. I'm sure there's a stream online of a recent concert by the accused rapist Bob Dylan that you can view though; stick to what you're comfortable with and where you feel at home. Just like on here, you've been sticking to what you know by reusing the same insults and trolling tactics for a year and a half. You've found your level, you think it's good enough, and you're complacent. Through watching Jeopardy!, if you paid attention, you might slowly start to improve yourself and expand your knowledge base but I know that sounds too much like hard work for a shallow guy like you :(
Are you suggesting that watching Jeopardy is an intellectual pursuit and that one must possess a certain amount of "knowledge" to do so? What a sad and bizarre thing to take such pride in. You try to play it off a bit cooler, but it's clear that you're as delusional as rifke. In any case, my mother was/is an avid Jeopardy viewer and I spent much of my childhood watching or listening to it. But I don't watch much television now and Trebek's death effectively ends the show for me, so I don't particularly care who takes over hosting duties. But if a black man at the podium is enough to make racist European incels "hit the roof" then I applaud the decision wholeheartedly. :thumb:

This is the kind of thing I was talking about, there are plenty of other tweets and comments like this but these few right here sum it up:

Screenshot_20210821-020929.png

Imagine calling the highest earning American quiz show contestant of all time a "mediocre white male". LeVar Burton was a less than mediocre Jeopardy! guest host but this person wouldn't know that, nor would 'they' care. (I'm saying 'they' because this seems like the sort of person who would want to be called 'they'.)

Noted Jeopardy! die-hard fan ( :rolleyes: ) Roxane Gay has decided to make 'their'(?) opinion known as well. Roxane was a big fan of the hosting style of George Stephanopoulos! Actually, no:

20210821_021146.png

20210821_021643.png

Again, have to make sure to get in a "bland white guy" jibe. "Doesn't audition", true, Mike Richards was only the second guest host and hosted the show for two weeks. Roxane probably forgot about that guest hosting stint/audition because 'they' were so dazzled by the hosting skills of the hosts in all the other weeks which Roxane definitely watched. The concern with an 'audition' is humorous because LeVar's fans proclaimed him to be Alex Trebek's rightful successor many months ago, no audition required. As for "bland white guy", from what I've seen of him, LeVar Burton (the real guy, not the characters he has portrayed) is about as bland as it's possible for a person to be.

But anyway I'm glad to see Roxane's tweets are as well researched and concerned with accuracy as the books 'they' have had published.

And finally: Hollywood itself is on board!

20210821_021719.png

I knew absolutely nothing about LeVar Burton prior to Jeopardy! but his fanbase have made me detest the guy. I simply don't want these people to have things their way. Even if he was a fantastic guest host I would feel that way but the fact that he was horribly underprepared, shouty, inconsistent in his clue reading and awkward talking to the contestants makes it a lot easier for me to say that. I wouldn't put it past Mike Richards to recommend to Sony that they hire LeVar, so that Mike can try to claw back some goodwill on his way out the door and extend his career since there's currently a stain on his name. I'm sure he wants to continue working in top positions in the entertainment industry, and with Hollywood types coming out in support of LeVar, it seems exactly like the sort of thing Mike would do. They all make me sick!

Last edited:
This is the kind of thing I was talking about, there are plenty of other tweets and comments like this but these few right here sum it up:

View attachment 75530

Imagine calling the highest earning American quiz show contestant of all time a "mediocre white male". LeVar Burton was a less than mediocre Jeopardy! guest host but this person wouldn't know that, nor would 'they' care. (I'm saying 'they' because this seems like the sort of person who would want to be called 'they'.)

Noted Jeopardy! die-hard fan ( :rolleyes: ) Roxane Gay has decided to make 'their'(?) opinion known as well. Roxane was a big fan of the hosting style of George Stephanopoulos! Actually, no:

View attachment 75531
View attachment 75532

Again, have to make sure to get in a "bland white guy" jibe. "Doesn't audition", true, Mike Richards was only the second guest host and hosted the show for two weeks. Roxane probably forgot about that guest hosting stint/audition because 'they' were so dazzled by the hosting skills of the hosts in all the other weeks which Roxane definitely watched. The concern with an 'audition' is humorous because LeVar's fans proclaimed him to be Alex Trebek's rightful successor many months ago, no audition required. As for "bland white guy", from what I've seen of him, LeVar Burton (the real guy, not the actor) is about as bland as it's possible for a person to be.

But anyway I'm glad to see Roxane's tweets are as well researched and concerned with accuracy as the books 'they' have published.

And finally: Hollywood itself is on board!

View attachment 75533

I knew absolutely nothing about LeVar Burton prior to Jeopardy! but his fanbase have made me detest the guy. I simply don't want these people to have things their way. Even if he was a fantastic guest host I would feel that way but the fact that he was horribly underprepared, shouty, inconsistent in his clue reading and awkward talking to the contestants makes it a lot easier for me to say that. I wouldn't put it past Mike Richards to recommend to Sony that they hire LeVar, so that Mike can try to claw back some goodwill on his way out the door and extend his career since there's currently a stain on his name. I'm sure he wants to continue working in top positions in the entertainment industry, and with Hollywood types coming out in support of LeVar, it seems exactly like the sort of thing Mike would do. They all make me sick!
Unimpressed Break Up GIF by WE tv

I was going to reply earnestly to what you wrote 40 minutes ago but because you've followed it up with this GIF I'm not going to bother. The people who are interested will read my post and might take something from it, and the people who aren't interested don't need you as their representative. As Jeopardy! has millions of viewers every day there will be at least a few people passing through who "care". And it's fair to say there will be more people who care about the Jeopardy! comments than in hearing about you eating at Nobu and arranging your toiletries. By the way, what part of "stop crowding me" didn't you understand?

It was almost Ken Jennings if he would have stayed off of #Twitter

Never mind the story is behind a paywall. I even tried the incognito trick to get around it but it doesn't work with WSJ.

Here it is at Esquire.

Ken Jenning's Problematic Past Tweets Cost Him the Jeopardy Hosting Job​

Executives cooled on Jennings after people resurfaced his ableist tweet from 2014.
06b1936f-5eaa-4079-b941-37d3ef43c8db_1595437081.file

By Abigail Covington
Aug 29, 2021

abc's the chase

RAYMOND LIUGETTY IMAGES
Ken Jennings seemed like a shoo-in for the role of Jeopardy! host. After all, he held the record for longest winning streak and was widely considered to be the GOAT of the beloved trivia series. He also had great chemistry with the man who lorded over Jeopardy! for fifty years and made the show his own: Alex Trebek. He was a fan favorite and had been working as a consultant on the show since 2020.
According to the Wall Street Journal, as recently as nine months ago, executives at Sony Pictures Entertainment all agreed Jennings would make an ideal successor to Trebek, despite his limited hosting experience. But things began to unravel when Jennings was announced as Jeopardy!’s first, rotating guest host.
related story

Mayim Bialik Will Temporarily Host 'Jeopardy!'

In the lead-up to the episode’s airing, fans resurfaced some of his old tweets. “Nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair,” read one from 2014. Jennings quickly apologized but it did little to stymie the PR damage. Then the tweet resurfaced again when Jennings came to the defense of his Omnibus co-host, John “Bean Dad” Roderick, whose thread about his parenting style caused a global meltdown on Twitter.
People familiar with Sony’s selection process told the WSJ that executives were concerned by reactions to the tweet and feared a fan-powered backlash. The subsequent dip in Jennings’ focus group ratings didn’t help his case. These factors combined convinced the Sony execs to put the kibosh on Jennings and resume, in earnest, the hunt for a new host.
Evidently, in choosing Jennings, Sony executives had hoped to avoid a chaotic selection process that has consumed other host-driven shows like NBC’s The Tonight Show in recent years. Unfortunately, what they’ve ended up with instead is a process that makes the Conan O’Brien fiasco of 2010 seem like a perfectly orchestrated transition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom