Morrissey Central "KENNETH WILLIAMS" (January 8, 2021)

Unfortunately the 'Morrissey' to which Williams is referring is the film director Paul Morrissey.

Go to 7:05 for the full context:

God, Sam, give up.

My Mother used to tell me various quotes from his diaries. Too many to mention. She particularly laughed at Ken in the Post Office and Lou at a Luvvie event. :ROFLMAO: I must read them one day. Doesn’t Morrissey just have have the greatest taste? In everything XXX

Wasn’t Kenny just great at telling stories.... There were many documents on TV over Christmas with him, Tommy Cooper, Frankie Howard.......
Kenny can describe the entire English speaking class system in a couple of lines documenting all the classes.. One very funny man .

If I were asked about famous dinner party guests , present or not, Kenny would be On my list...

Dear SER,

Get on with Moz’s obituary. His time has come and he needs to leave this dimension NOW. Pay for racist sins and pray to be reunited with your bikini-clad mum.

Dear SER,

Get on with Moz’s obituary. His time has come and he needs to leave this dimension NOW. Pay for racist sins and pray to be reunited with your bikini-clad mum.
Tea cup.. storm,
My we do tend to get our little selves Upset near to bed time... do we not ?

Strongly recommend the KW diaries to anyone who is able to read
They are excellent, as is the Russell Davies letters anthology. After I was on Mastermind with the Smiths as the subject, I was turned down Kenneth Wiliams as my semi-final subject despite pointing to both these references; they wouldn't have it

I'd add: Acid Drops.
Regards,
FWD.

They are excellent, as is the Russell Davies letters anthology. After I was on Mastermind with the Smiths as the subject, I was turned down Kenneth Wiliams as my semi-final subject despite pointing to both these references; they wouldn't have it
FFS

I believe Kenneth became disenamoured by the Carry On films in the end and he was quite caustic in his diary entries about his co stars. I read the Jo Orton Diaries, Kenneth William diaries and Alan Bennett diaries around the sane time and they all seem to have merged in my head.
Read them all too. Afraid originality is very vary rare D X Ken shouting at the Workmen still makes me smile.

I believe Kenneth became disenamoured by the Carry On films in the end and he was quite caustic in his diary entries about his co stars. I read the Jo Orton Diaries, Kenneth William diaries and Alan Bennett diaries around the sane time and they all seem to have merged in my head.
I haven’t read his diaries yet , but have got the gist of them over the years from TV docs....
carry on films and radio work kept the wolf from his door.
As we can all see , if he had the leading role in Hollywood, he would still complain and ( carry him self on ) A true Dame... H e just adds to a truly bizarre, exciting, and very funny British humour....
I do have a couple of books by Alan Bennett, who is completely different from Kenny, but in a completely different style.....
Good olde British humour ....

Homosexual men make me laugh. They're the most effeminate people you can possibly come across but they're also strong, possibly because they've had to learn to look after themselves. They have a wily way about them, while still managing to ingratiate you. You take to them because you know they mean no harm while still having to stay strong. They probably wake up of a morning and iron their own shirts and buy their own groceries when they get home, like I do, without the help of a partner. Who is stronger? a gay man who can live alone or a butch man who folds without the support of a woman?
Spot on Dale. And no, it’s not because they are childless and selfish, much more, so much more. Must go, I’m falling down.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom