Morrissey Central "KENNETH WILLIAMS" (January 8, 2021)

Really? I had no idea Rodgers produced them.

Marr needs to work with him on an album.
Forgot to mention that Tom Bailey also produced that album, along most of the other Twins albums as well ...
Johnny and Tom on an album would be a dream upon unwaxed ears of mine ....
I finally got to see Tom live in Newcastle 2018, supporting Culture Club, Belinda Carlisle, then Tom...
As regular poster on here would know , it’s only the 15th time I’ve mentioned this......
A bit like being molly sugdons brides maid really🤪🤪🤪🤪

Did this guy die today? I only come to Morrissey-Solo for the obituaries.

Did this guy die today? I only come to Morrissey-Solo for the obituaries.
THIS GUY...
Kennith Williams is / was a modern day Oscar Wilde...
It’s such a shame that you younger ones know nothing of this man, and are to well informed about the likes of Gemma Collins and her ilk,
One can only pray that the English language may clobber you around your unwashed scalp someday ...
I shall pray , but only hope shall prevail... it’s in God’s hands now😇

I recall an NME interview with KW in which he dismissed Morrissey (not Paul) out of hand. Anyone care to dig it out?

im going to go listen to david bowie!!
I’ve listened to him all night, he’s been on BBC 4 all night long ...
one thing I’ve never done is listen to an entire Bowie album ever, shame is the name 🤫🤫🤫

I recall an NME interview with KW in which he dismissed Morrissey (not Paul) out of hand. Anyone care to dig it out?
2 years before his death, the following appeared in NME:

"Unlike his weak-willed potential spiritual understudy, Steven Morrissey (a purveyor of incidentally what Kenneth Williams refers to as a "formless din").

ElJ_5QAUYAA7CTL.jpg

FWD.

Ooh sounds interesting, I know that Moz had been to Charles Hawlty’s flat, not sure if he was dead or not, but if I recall, it smelt off piss and was in a disgusting state, one of a sad alcoholic mess...
I also recall moz went to see Joan Simms and she was pissed, she’d just come from recording just a minute on radio 4 , with Parsons,
And she screamed at Morrissey, saying that Nicolas Parsons “was nothing but a c***”...
Why do I remember such things when I’m in a daily battle to remember my own name???

THIS GUY...
Kennith Williams is / was a modern day Oscar Wilde...
It’s such a shame that you younger ones know nothing of this man, and are to well informed about the likes of Gemma Collins and her ilk,
One can only pray that the English language may clobber you around your unwashed scalp someday ...
I shall pray , but only hope shall prevail... it’s in God’s hands now😇
^Just picturing this miniature little tadger in his miniature little bubble in the miniature village in Carlisle. ...noshing his miniature sausages and rolls, while the miniature Crossley gouges into a miniature shit-brown reissue of Tiny M’s Greatest Misses.

"Unlike his weak-willed potential spiritual understudy, Steven Morrissey (a purveyor of incidentally what Kenneth Williams refers to as a "formless din").

View attachment 67394

FWD.

Kenneth Williams was celibate to the letter? And 1986 Moz wasn't?

I wonder what the rumours were?

Kenneth Williams was celibate to the letter? And 1986 Moz wasn't?

I wonder what the rumours were?
So it was the NME journalist calling Morrissey "weak-willed" here, and the "formless din" quote from Williams presumably refers to his dislike of pop music in general, as opposed to The Smiths. A clever way of putting Morrissey down.

View attachment 67394

FWD.
Thanks for finding that. I remember being disappointed he hadn't seen the potential and left the door open for a future project. At least he wasn't pissed.

They are excellent, as is the Russell Davies letters anthology. After I was on Mastermind with the Smiths as the subject, I was turned down Kenneth Wiliams as my semi-final subject despite pointing to both these references; they wouldn't have it

Wasn't he a bit right wing for you? KW was fond of the Tories.

They are excellent, as is the Russell Davies letters anthology. After I was on Mastermind with the Smiths as the subject, I was turned down Kenneth Wiliams as my semi-final subject despite pointing to both these references; they wouldn't have it
They were probably just trying to get rid of you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom