Kettering, OH - Fraze Pavilion (Sep. 11, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I Am Hated For Loving / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Break Up The Family / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Life Is A Pigsty / Some Say I Got Devil / Hairdresser On Fire / Back On The Chain Gang // Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist by FWD via setlist.fm

Last edited:
I think the days of rowdy/violent Moz gigs are mainly in the past. . If she's on her own and a sociable person, most Moz fans are pretty friendly types. She should be ok...but If I were a parent....I'd send the dad along to make sure.
Lots of middle aged men with their wives and/or husbands. Never know when there could be a Jack the Ripper type. Just so long as the child knows not to talk to strangers.

P.S. I don't post much so might as well let this out... There is nothing "racist" about being against those who - literally - throw lbgtq people from roofs. Nothing "racist" about wanting each country to maintain some form of identity (you get pissed off when a McDonalds or Walmart takes away the local feel but are ok with all of culture being mashed into mush?). I find it is only middle class whites who have been so indoctrinated to be offended by what Morrissey says. I'm amazed at all the 80's and 90's version of "woke" people that now swallow every dictate from the mainstream. Sorry if I offend you (and I actually mean it!).
Thanks so much for this dazzling insight, we’ve definitely never had anyone on the forum argue this particular angle. Brilliant stuff. All Muslims “throw lbgtq people from roofs” and as we all know, immigrants = corporate big box stores.

I remember you guys. Definitely check for me. I thought it was a great show and I am glad that you got to experience it with your son. I thought it was an incredibly good setlist and his voice was in top form. Thanks in advance for checking!
He said he tried to get the picture but couldn’t because a security guy moved right in front of his shot. He has a nice picture of the side of the security guy’s head...

Everyone around us loved that moment. I think my son’s first show was when he was 12. He’s seen him three times now...I’ve seen him dozens! This was absolutely one of the finest.

I need a bit of parenting advice: would you let your 16-year-old boy go alone? My 16-year-old daughter wants to go to a Morrissey concert this tour but she doesn't know anyone else who likes him. I was thinking of sending her father with her because I'm worried that it might not be a safe environment. Does it get rowdy or violent?
I think it depends on your daughter. I’ve got a 14 year old daughter and I think I’d let her go on her own. That said, she’s got a seriously strong attitude with plenty of people skills. I’d not even think twice about letting my 16 year old son go on his own. No mad crush mosh pits or anything like that.

He said he tried to get the picture but couldn’t because a security guy moved right in front of his shot. He has a nice picture of the side of the security guy’s head...

Everyone around us loved that moment. I think my son’s first show was when he was 12. He’s seen him three times now...I’ve seen him dozens! This was absolutely one of the finest.

Thank you very much for checking anyway. That was probably the heaviest amount of security that I have ever experienced at a Morrissey show. Those around us seemed to be very nice. There were so many of them that it made the front row feel like the second though. My daughter had to lay her head down on the rail most of the time to be able to see around one of them. Maybe a nice photo or video with a good angle will show up eventually. She has talked about the show all day. We made a playlist of the setlist to listen to on the 4 hour car ride home. It was definitely a night that she and I will never forget. Thanks again for trying to help.

Thanks so much for this dazzling insight, we’ve definitely never had anyone on the forum argue this particular angle. Brilliant stuff. All Muslims “throw lbgtq people from roofs” and as we all know, immigrants = corporate big box stores.

Yes, you'd be quite right if I did in fact say that "all muslims throw LGBTQ people from roofs" but... I didn't say that.

Let's try a thought experiment. Let's pretend that your country wanted to import a bunch Christians. I'm going to guess that you either think that a.) all Christians are bigots or b.) most Christians are ok but some are bigots.

Do you think in 20 years time your country would be better or worse off after it invited in all these Christians of whom you think at least some portion are bigots? Do you think that somehow the bigoted ones would have no influence on the culture and politics?

And here's the difference : you can indeed argue that some portion of Christians are bigoted against LGBTQ people (I would disagree but I'll give you that point). However you cannot say some Christian countries have actively, savagely killed LGBTQ people in state-sponsored killings.

To say that one believes certain people are not compatible with your countries ideals is not wrong. It does not mean you hate those people, it does not mean you cannot be friendly with those people. It just means that you think your two cultures are not compatible.

And LGBTQ treatment is just an easy example. There are plenty more - honor killings, treatment of women, etc. Again, not every single Muslim but over all this is the teaching. If you refuse to see this I don't think I can help you. I hate no one. I treat everyone with respect. It doesn't mean I think everyone is automatically compatible with the values of my country. The same as my values would not work in theirs.

If anything please consider the mania around this topic. It is not right that some one who dares to express a different opinion is equated to a neo-nazi. The left has truly gone mad.

Lots of middle aged men with their wives and/or husbands. Never know when there could be a Jack the Ripper type. Just so long as the child knows not to talk to strangers.

I saw a tranny who looked like Robert Smith ride off on a trike after the show. You may see all types!

I need a bit of parenting advice: would you let your 16-year-old boy go alone? My 16-year-old daughter wants to go to a Morrissey concert this tour but she doesn't know anyone else who likes him. I was thinking of sending her father with her because I'm worried that it might not be a safe environment. Does it get rowdy or violent?
My parents let me go by myself to my first gig at 14. I worked and hitchhiked home at midnight when I was 15. What’s the world coming to?

I think the days of rowdy/violent Moz gigs are mainly in the past. . If she's on her own and a sociable person, most Moz fans are pretty friendly types. She should be ok...but If I were a parent....I'd send the dad along to make sure.
as long as she gets dropped of
im assuming shes getting dropped off and picked up,she will be fine,if she stands at the sides its always a lot calmer,a 16 is like a 20 year old compared to when I was 16,kids are more mature and more streetwise these days,let her go and enjoy herself,would hate her to miss out.

It was a bit odd that it was during Break Up the Family. I love and tolerate Morrissey but he does live in Hollyweird, where nothing really surprises if you let it.
oooohhhhh im sure M will take your toleration to the grave,geez peace.

Morrissey appears to have lost his style, judging by some of the images from this tour. Apologies to US fans for my cultural references, but he is starting to resemble a mish mash of Ken Dodd and Derek Acorah.

leather on my tennis shoes. The shame.

Seems like everybody could use more toleration these days,but maybe I’m wrong.
To be fair, this site aspires (most of the time), to be a Morrissey appreciation, rather than toleration, space. Nevertheless, if you neither love him or hate him—and merely put up with him—you have my best wishes as it must be constantly irksome for you here.

I saw a tranny who looked like Robert Smith ride off on a trike after the show. You may see all types!
I'll bet he was pedalling for his life when he caught sight of the state of you. He rode that trike till his wheels came off.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom