Kevin Cummins: "Morrissey: Alone and Palely Loitering" hardback due September 2018

As mentioned by 'anon' in the SER website thread - here are further details:
(book image is lousy on Amazon).

42184_cummins_2018.jpg

Initial Waterstones link from anon:
https://www.waterstones.com/book/morrissey/kevin-cummins/9781788400237
Blackwells:
https://blackwells.co.uk/bookshop/product/Morrissey-by-Kevin-Cummins/9781788400237
More detailed Amazon links:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1788400232/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1788400232/
c36ebfd1929335e0f79cf411d1967cde--kevin-oleary-cummins.jpg

150+ photographs in a 'coffee table' book.
256 pages.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lordy, but he was one handsome devil. Shades of Mr Darcy there, which is quite hilarious in an ironic sort of way. Someone needed to douse him in water so he looked like he'd just walked out of a lake. Okay, I think that's enough fantasising for now.

...And Kill Me Now; Please.

'cos god knows í'll be wrung out & lifeless after í get my hands on this baby.

:yum:

Desperate Dan the Detective has squeezed out something a little larger ~

25320774787_4742b8653e_b.jpg

~ alas, it is still not enough.

Featuring 2 cumshots and a fantastic two-page spread from up his anus, by solo’s very own Ketamine Sun! ;)

I reckon me hate when people use photos of Steve from 1987. Reckon a current Uncle Steve photo of him asleep in the sun on Redondo Beach with bottles of Corona and bean and cheese burrito wrappers from Los Panchos all around him with chocolate chip cookie crumbs on his shirt would be top mental inn nn it.

The passage of time is a real sonofabitch. Especially how quickly it happens once you begin noticing it.

It the truth , init. Some dietin n fitnesin would be good

I reckon me hate when people use photos of Steve from 1987. Reckon a current Uncle Steve photo of him asleep in the sun on Redondo Beach with bottles of Corona and bean and cheese burrito wrappers from Los Panchos all around him with chocolate chip cookie crumbs on his shirt would be top mental inn nn it.

Well, at least this is in the realms of affordability - the singular prints he was selling were great pics, but very expensive.
I look forward to this despite it being a long way off.
Regards,
FWD.

Well, at least this is in the realms of affordability - the singular prints he was selling were great pics, but very expensive.
I look forward to this despite it being a long way off.
Regards,
FWD.

Agreed. Although í am sure they will probably concoct some kind of Deluxe Clamshell Boxed version for some extra shillings.

Love the font too; brings this to mind ~

119209newnew.jpg

~ Monotype's Albertus font, designed by Berthold Wolpe, 1936.

Yummy.

hope Kevin let Sam touch up some of those photos, I mean, Kevin is a great photographer and all, but Sam knows how to work the magic !

;)

Shit photographer, shit miserable face, shit blue bastard. I hate you Cummings

The passage of time is a real sonofabitch. Especially how quickly it happens once you begin noticing it.

So true. Time is a heartless bitch, but it is the only thing keeping us alive. Such a double edged sword. How beautiful he was back in the day, and he is still a handsome devil, but "the passing of time and all of its sickening crimes is making me sad again." How sad and depressing and remorseful and remarkable it is to be who we are today.

Photos of the past are all of this. Reminding us of who we were then and how much we have grown. This photo acts as a touch stone as to what drew us to him in the first place. What a charm in his eyes like he knows something we don't, and he did. He brought something to us that we knew we needed but never thought would ever receive. I for one am still lying here:

Last edited:
So true. Time is a heartless bitch, but it is the only thing keeping us alive. Such a double edged sword. How beautiful he was back in the day, and he is still handsome now, but "the passing of time and all of its sickening crimes is making me sad again." How sad and depressing and remorseful and remarkable it is to be who we are today.

Photos of the past are all of this. Reminding us of who we were then and how much we have grown. This photo acts as a touch stone as to what draws us to him in the first place. What a charm in his eyes like he knows something we don't, and he was right. He brought something to us that we knew we needed but never thought would ever receive. I for one am still here:

This week I've been putting together a "burn before reading" box of old notebooks and random odds and ends from the past that I don't want hanging around anymore, and some photos fell out of one of them of myself, a friend, and an ex girlfriend, and I was shocked by how beautiful and androgynous we all were in our youth, despite the bad fashion, goofy face I was pulling, and the burgundy lipstick and silver eyeshadow I thought was a good look. It was only a span of 20 years, but looking at the picture it felt like 100 years and 5 years all at once. Bittersweet is a fitting word.

This week I've been putting together a "burn before reading" box of old notebooks and random odds and ends from the past that I don't want hanging around anymore, and some photos fell out of one of them of myself, a friend, and an ex girlfriend, and I was shocked by how beautiful and androgynous we all were in our youth, despite the bad fashion, goofy face I was pulling, and the burgundy lipstick and silver eyeshadow I thought was a good look. It was only a span of 20 years, but looking at the picture it felt like 100 years and 5 years all at once. Bittersweet is a fitting word.

You are so right. I look in the mirror and I think who is this person in front of me. I don't recognize him, but I feel the same on the inside. What to do? Nothing really, but to accept our fate and to realize that in the words of one of my favorite bands Talk Talk, Life's What You Make It. And as Moz once wrote "My youth may be gone but I'm still a good man..."

Morrissey touched me in a way that no other songwriter has ever come close to. I miss those days. I may be in limited company, but his newer efforts leave me wanting more of the greatness of his introspective and insightful wisdom that he so remarkably displayed with an open heart:

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way

As book titles go, this must be one of the worst. It sounds more like a joke title.
Yes. Or one thought up by Morrissey himself. I was hoping to find an explanation for it in the links. Perhaps it was something Morrissey once said to Kevin?

You are so right. I look in the mirror and I think who is this person in front of me. I don't recognize him, but I feel the same on the inside. What to do? Nothing really, but to accept our fate and to realize that in the words of one of my favorite bands Talk Talk, Life's What You Make It. And as Moz once wrote "My youth may be gone but I'm still a good man..."

Morrissey touched me in a way that no other songwriter has ever come close to. I miss those days. I may be in limited company, but his newer efforts leave me wanting more of the greatness of his introspective and insightful wisdom that he so remarkably displayed with an open heart:

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way
the ageing process is gods way of taking the piss.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom