Kevin Cummins tweets thoughts on Morrissey

This is about bullying minorities.
For what it's worth, there are plenty of areas in the UK (large swathes of London being one of them), where being white makes you a minority. I know - I've lived in them.

Cashed in on him. How? I’ve promoted his career and produced a beautiful book that goes beyond regular fandom appeal. I’ve helped with t shirts and record sleeves - it’s my job ... do you cash in every Friday when you get paid or do you think you’ve earned your wages ... ?
Kevin, you should be standing up for Morrissey and his freedom to have an opinion. Just like Nick Cave, Bobby Gillespie, Noel Gallagher and Chrissie Hynde have done. You know as well as anyone that he is neither a white supremacist, a racist, or a hateful person in any way. Quite the opposite in fact. He has simply criticized mass immigration citing its cultural downsides which many ordinary members of the British public do every day. The only people in a strop are the media elite who hate diversity of opinion.

Not necessarily, but if you let people use terms like “negroid,” and “jungle bunny,” and crack jokes about fried chicken, etc., on you personal page, then you probably are... And when someone links and shares said postings on their official website, they are just as f***ing guilty. Forget about all of the dubious comments in interviews the last few years, sharing videos from that Styx c***, etc., and now this? How blind do you have to be? It’s beyond belief the number of people still defending him, unless of course you agree with these type of far right views. In that case, good luck to you. Do you understand?

Isn't that the logic of McCarthyism? But instead of reds under the beds, it's 'far right' scum.

Kevin, you should be standing up for Morrissey and his freedom to have an opinion. Just like Nick Cave, Bobby Gillespie, Noel Gallagher and Chrissie Hynde have done. You know as well as anyone that he is neither a white supremacist, a racist, or a hateful person in any way. Quite the opposite in fact. He has simply criticized mass immigration citing its cultural downsides which many ordinary members of the British public do every day. The only people in a strop are the media elite who hate diversity of opinion.

Well said.

Er, correct me if I'm wrong. But Twitter and Youtube etc. ban 'white supremacists' don't they? Yet this guy's posts are not banned. Logically he is therefore not a white supremacist - or at very least, his posts break no hate speech rules. He's clearly against mass immigration. Jesus, are the two things now conflated? This really is the end of free speech. We're all white supremacists now...

'logically'
Not being Funny, not sure you know what the term means mate.

Thats like saying the nazis killed jews, therefore any jews that werent killed by jews werent jews.

Also its not Twitter who decides who a nazi is. It's just they decide who one is on their service.

That's like the nazis on Twitter that got band weren't nazi until they were band.

Man alive. Modern Moz fans are brainless

I’m not the op., but read the comments under the YouTube video Morrissey shared. Nothing the guy says in the video can be considered racist enough to be removed, imo, but it’s all dog whistles and we know what he really means. Now tell me if you think that those comments that other people are making acceptable, and if you agree with them. Now, after seeing that video and reading the comments (which Morgoth allows and doesn’t condemn) would you be happy to share that video with work colleagues, family members, friends, etc.? Do you see where I am going here?

No. And yes.

That doesn't work, as the vest was an artistic statement by bansky about knife crime.

Not the same as Moz. Also Stormzy is for all the people not just kiipers and c***s.

Yanks won't really get the seriousness of it all. They never do. It should show he's as bad as Trunp and Miking the Mexicans all along.
And speaking of mysogeny storms wee is all about them sluts and pussy on his million dollar mattress. And no I don't think he likes cats.
He's a role model for the new age of music. Ignorant, crass and dumbed down. Though I'm sure he has a lovely singing voice if he ever sings.

I see Billy Bragg chipped in on this Twitter exchange as well. Kinda funny how back when Morrissey was - quite literally - calling for Margaret Thatcher's death, the extreme left were queuing up to give him a reach-around, and now they are all 'words have consequences, you can't say anything mean about Islam' etc. Bunch of f***ing hypocrites.

It sounds like you've missed something here. Morrissey has repeatedly and unambiguously voiced support for a far-right political party called For Britain. He has also worn their badge on multiple occasions. Even if we overlook the immigration/Islam angle, these people are clearly extreme capitalists. They want to slash taxes for the rich, end all environmental taxes, and spend billions more on the military. This is totally against everything he ever stood for but he's such a thick f***er that he hasn't even read their manifesto. So it's not remotely surprising that decent people are now queuing up to denounce his idiotic, ignorant words and actions.

So, in short, it doesn't bother you he's become a raving right-wing supporting racist, and you're going to continue giving him your money.
Theres that irony again and additionally instead of just money you're giving him your obsessive undivided attention 24/7.

For what it's worth, there are plenty of areas in the UK (large swathes of London being one of them), where being white makes you a minority. I know - I've lived in them.

But what does that have to do with anything? It’s like that in all major cities all over the world; someone’s going to be the minority, somewhere. That doesn’t mean that white people haven’t been institutionally racist against black people (or any poc for that matter) for a long time now.

Very sensible, very smart.
Nick Cave said words to the same effect a couple of days ago.
It’s the music that matters.
If it was "the music that matters" there would be no discussion of Morrissey's life outside of the music. Very little of this site discusses the music.

It sounds like you've missed something here. Morrissey has repeatedly and unambiguously voiced support for a far-right political party called For Britain. He has also worn their badge on multiple occasions. Even if we overlook the immigration/Islam angle, these people are clearly extreme capitalists. They want to slash taxes for the rich, end all environmental taxes, and spend billions more on the military. This is totally against everything he ever stood for but he's such a thick f***er that he hasn't even read their manifesto. So it's not remotely surprising that decent people are now queuing up to denounce his idiotic, ignorant words and actions.
For the hundredth time: For Britain are not a far right party.

They are not even near to being far right.

Stop listening to the media elite who do not have the public's interest at heart, but only their own interests of money and power. Think for yourself.

So, in short, it doesn't bother you he's become a raving right-wing supporting racist, and you're going to continue giving him your money.
I send him a dollar every time you tell me not to. You are the wrong choice to lead a campaign against him. I don't think anyone wants to be on your side and when forced to choose I will ignore everything he said in an alcoholic haze and keep listening to the music.

I don't mean to make personal comments but you lack charisma and come across like a jilted ex-lover or disgruntled former employee and most of all like a raving lunatic. You versus Morrissey? You really think you're up to it?

I see Billy Bragg chipped in on this Twitter exchange as well. Kinda funny how back when Morrissey was - quite literally - calling for Margaret Thatcher's death, the extreme left were queuing up to give him a reach-around, and now they are all 'words have consequences, you can't say anything mean about Islam' etc. Bunch of f***ing hypocrites.

Agreed, calling for the bombing of Thatcher was 'courageous' and 'brave' now because the controversial things he says aren't in alignment with him Morrissey has become 'reckless' and 'out of touch.'

Well I DO care. I care when some person who is held in reverence by many give by words a justification to others that it's OK to hate. That is wrong, wrong, wrong. Many are not as independently thinking as you, many look to others for guidance. And I have seen over and over again how that guidance leads to hate against others who never asked for the consequences. I care that people get affected through no fault of their own, and I am not going to sit back and let that happen. Hate and hateful politics needs to be challenged.

No, what you are going to do, you enormous bellend, is spend hours and hours on a Morrissey fan site railing against Morrissey. And you managed to change the world, exactly how by doing this????????????

For the hundredth time: For Britain are not a far right party.

They are not even near to being far right.

Stop listening to the media elite who do not have the public's interest at heart, but only their own interests of money and power. Think for yourself.

Well then you clearly do not understand the basics of political theory. They want to slash the tax bills for the richest people in society. They want to limit immigration to a trickle. They want to spend billions more on the military. They want to end all environmental taxes. They want to end all overseas aid. Whether these policies are good or bad is up for discussion. But if you cannot understand that they are strongly right wing policies, you're an idiot.

Well then you clearly do not understand the basics of political theory. They want to slash the tax bills for the richest people in society. They want to limit immigration to a trickle. They want to spend billions more on the military. They want to end all environmental taxes. They want to end all overseas aid. Whether these policies are good or bad is up for discussion. But if you cannot understand that they are strongly right wing policies, you're an idiot.
The business right (Big Money) loves immigration. It means they can keep wages low by exploiting migrants at the expense of the British working class who need higher wages. Therefore lowering immigration to a trickle is not right wing, but socially left wing.

Overseas aid serves what purpose to British people? The working class could do with that money being poured into the NHS and for more police on the streets to make working class areas safer for ordinary people (mainly from the third world migrants and their offspring who bring third world levels of violent crime with them). That is socially left wing as it helps the working class.

You're f***ing clueless and like all liberals nowadays you have it all back to front, just like Moz says. Ordinary working class people and their needs are invisible to you - all their concerns are shrugged off as 'racist'.

Why don't you let him have his say? Free speech and all that.

He's speaking out at the expense of his pocketbook.

Er, correct me if I'm wrong. But Twitter and Youtube etc. ban 'white supremacists' don't they?

Each platform is a little different. You can get away with certain things on one platform that you can't on another and vice versa. Youtube is probably the least censorship happy as long as you avoid racial slurs.
Plus Morgoth's Review is not a very large channel but attention from Moz might put him on people's radars.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom