Kevin Smith kicked off flight for being too fat

Cassius

kevinsmith.jpg

Dear @SouthwestAir - I know I'm fat, but was Captain Leysath really justified in throwing me off a flight for which I was already seated?

Dear @SouthwestAir, I flew out in one seat, but right after issuing me a standby ticket, Oakland Southwest attendant Suzanne (wouldn't give..last name) told me Captain Leysath deemed me a "safety risk". Again: I'm way fat... But I'm not THERE just yet. But if I am, why wait til my..bag is up, and I'm seated WITH ARM RESTS DOWN. In front of a packed plane with a bunch of folks who'd already I.d.ed me as "Silent Bob."

Dear @SouthwestAir, I flew out in one seat, but right after issuing me a standby ticket, Oakland Southwest attendant Suzanne (wouldn't give..last name) told me Captain Leysath deemed me a "safety risk". Again: I'm way fat... But I'm not THERE just yet. But if I am, why wait til my..bag is up, and I'm seated WITH ARM RESTS DOWN. In front of a packed plane with a bunch of folks who'd already I.d.ed me as "Silent Bob."

Wanna tell me I'm too wide for the sky? Totally cool. But fair warning, folks: IF YOU LOOK LIKE ME, YOU MAY BE EJECTED FROM @SOUTHWESTAIR.

Via @byrneification "save the anger for SModcast" Believe it, Son. @SouthwestAir? You f***ed with the wrong sedentary processed-foods eater!

(1/2) @pigz "I know several people bigger then u who have flown on other airlines" I saw someone bigger than me on THAT flight! But I wasn't (2/2) about to throw a fellow Fatty under the plane as I'm being profiled. But he & I made eye contact, & he was like "Please don't tell..."

Dear @SouthwestAir, I'm on another one of your planes, safely seated & buckled-in again, waiting to be dragged off in front of the normies. And, hey? @SouthwestAir? I didn't even need a seat belt extender to buckle up. Somehow, that shit fit over my "safety concern"-creating gut.

Via @bogo_lode "Maybe you should organize a boycott" A boycott of one. This is my last Southwest flight. Hopefully by choice.

Hey @SouthwestAir! Look how fat I am on your plane! Quick! Throw me off! http://twitpic.com/1340gw

Hey @SouthwestAir! Sometimes, the arm rests are up because THE PEOPLE SITTING THERE ALREADY PUT THEM UP; NOT BECAUSE THEY "CAN'T GO DOWN."

The @SouthwestAir Diet. How it works: you're publicly shamed into a slimmer figure. Crying the weight right off has never been easier!

Via @mmm_cereal "my dad's bigger than you & flies southwest all the time. some1 just wanted to say they were a dick to a celeb" Celeb? Me?!

Hey @SouthwestAir! I've landed in Burbank. Don't worry: wall of the plane was opened & I was airlifted out while Richard Simmons supervised.

(1/2) Hey @SouthwestAir? f*** making it right for me just 'cause I have a platform. I sat next to a big girl who was chastised for not buy-(2/2) ing an extra ticket because "all passengers deserve their space." f***ing flight wasn't even full! f*** your size-ist policy. Rude...

Hey @SouthwestAir! Here are two more "recent recognitions" for your Twitter home page: "Loather of the Wide" or "Pissin' on the Portlies". Via @Ajax517 "Don't let them muzzle you, time to make them burn for all the fatties out there without a voice" Amen, sir.

Via Gawker.

Southwest Airline's reply:

"Mr. Smith originally purchased two Southwest seats on a flight from Oakland to Burbank – as he's been known to do when traveling on Southwest. He decided to change his plans and board an earlier flight to Burbank, which technically means flying standby. As you may know, airlines are not able to clear standby passengers until all Customers are boarded. When the time came to board Mr. Smith, we had only a single seat available for him to occupy. Our pilots are responsible for the Safety and comfort of all Customers on the aircraft and therefore, made the determination that Mr. Smith needed more than one seat to complete his flight. Our Employees explained why the decision was made, accommodated Mr. Smith on a later flight, and issued him a $100 Southwest travel voucher for his inconvenience."

I think this comment sums up everything pretty well:

"Notice how he flew on the later flight in one seat without bringing the bird down into the side of a day care center. "

I think they could have handled it better. There's no need for them to humiliate people by pointing out how overweight they are on a full airplane. It isn't very tactful or professional.

dear Kevin, just because you are rich and have a wife on the hot side of things :cool:
does not mean you must eat every gosh darn thing put before your face :sick:
show a little restraint
do what I do, eat a
5073-Mentos1.jpg

frakkin mentos or 2(if you must)
I prefer mint cuz the also freshen ur breath :thumb:
but they come in all sorts of flavors, just eat one of these rather than a whole nother meal!
seriously, dorks, nerds and geeks look up to you across the globe
lose the weight man :o

You show restraint... By eating candy? Okaaaaay...

Back
Top Bottom