Kill uncle (hypothetical) reissue discussion

skull

Would you be interested in a special reissue of KILL UNCLE? A selection of the best live performances? Or...a re-recording of the songs with a new production? Or...just a reissue with b sides or rarities of the time or never published material?

Re: Kill uncle reissue

Would you be interested in a special reissue of KILL UNCLE? A selection of the best live performances? Or...a re-recording of the songs with a new production? Or...just a reissue with b sides or rarities of the time or never published material?

a re-issue with rarities would be perfect

Re: Kill uncle reissue discussion

Are you planning to make one? :squiffy: If so, count me in. I love Kill Uncle against all odds.

It really would make sense for him to WANT to, I think..Logically, it seems with these 'legacy editions' he's atoning for things that didn't turn out how he liked with the albums. His avoidance of most things of Kill Uncle era coupled with the fact that we've heard it from the horse's mouth proves that he's not too proud of the album. But that's not to say he's not proud of the songs. I think a Kill Uncle legacy edition would be fantastic, because so much could be done to improve the production nowadays, and as it has been mentioned, there are still a few unreleased songs..

However who knows if he'd even include the unreleased material if he had the chance -- we didn't get "Kit" or "I Know Who I Love" on the Maladjusted reissue :blushing:

I guess you had to be there, when he toured the album, that's why I apreciate it, the first
time Morrissey got on tour with a new band, promoting
Kill Uncle

Still I love the album versions of Mute Witness, Found Found Found, Our Frank is very undrated and can be back in his setlist inmediately or
sing your life, the last 2 songs on the album are the best,there is a place in hell with me and my friends, and the stunning 'í'm the end of the family line'

he'd better had release bona dragand kill uncle an double album, new songs
and his 2/3 year singles he released plus b-sides

Kill Uncle apreciation army, Tormenter Celibate:guitar:

I think Kill Uncle is ripe for a return to favour. I don't think the album is as bad as some people make it to be. IMO it is better than "Maladjusted".

A good remastering with some bonus unreleased material would be great, but the unreleased material from this era is not so good. So perhaps some deluxe edition including a second cd of a concert from the Kill Uncle tour would be a good idea. The live arrangements of the Kill Uncle songs would make a great counterpart to the studio recordings.

Ideally if Morrissey wasn't happy with the way the album came out, but if he still likes the songs, he could re-record the album with his new band and a new producer. It has been done with other artists in the past... However in the current context I don't think any record label would pay for this kind of thing anymore...

Stephane

I think Kill Uncle is ripe for a return to favour. I don't think the album is as bad as some people make it to be. IMO it is better than "Maladjusted".

I don't agree with you say, dear pal... I think "Maladjusted" has better momemts than "Kill uncle"....

I absolutely LOVE Kill Uncle - one of my favorite albums - and I'd die for a reissue! It'd make me very happy, especially with any sort of bonus content!

Stephane

Absolutely agree - it has aged much better than Maladjusted and personally takes me back to the beginning of my love affair with Morrissey so has a special place in my heart!!:blushing:

Absolutely agree - it has aged much better than Maladjusted and personally takes me back to the beginning of my love affair with Morrissey so has a special place in my heart!!:blushing:

When you say about Morrissey's aga you're right. For Kill Uncle tour Morrissey called his best players - Alain, Boz, Spencer and Gary. And KU's tour was one of best Morrissey's tour.
But I prefer Maladjusted sound..

In my poorest opinion, Kill Uncle has just four good songs:
Driving your girlfrined home
Sing you life
(I'm) The end of my family line
Our frank

From material that was released at/around the time after the release of "Bona Drag" and before "Your Arsenal" I would suggest that this would have been my version of "Kill Uncle"...

A-Side

The Loop
My Love Life
Our Frank
There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends
Mute Witness
That's Entertainment

B-Side

Sing Your Life
Asian Rut
Skin Storm
(I'm) The End of the Family Line
Found Found Found
Pregnant For the Last Time

Singles would have been;

1) Sing Your Life b/w The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye/Cosmic Dancer

2) Our Frank b/w Journalists Who Lie/Tony The Pony

3) My Love Life b/w Asian Rut/Disappointed

Nifty.

Kimura

From material that was released at/around the time after the release of "Bona Drag" and before "Your Arsenal" I would suggest that this would have been my version of "Kill Uncle"...

A-Side

The Loop
My Love Life
Our Frank
There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends
Mute Witness
That's Entertainment

B-Side

Sing Your Life
Asian Rut
Skin Storm
(I'm) The End of the Family Line
Found Found Found
Pregnant For the Last Time

Singles would have been;

1) Sing Your Life b/w The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye/Cosmic Dancer

2) Our Frank b/w Journalists Who Lie/Tony The Pony

3) My Love Life b/w Asian Rut/Disappointed

Nifty.

Kimura

Nifty, indeed. Although I don't think Mozzer would ever include covers on a studio album.

A good remastering with some bonus unreleased material would be great, but the unreleased material from this era is not so good. So perhaps some deluxe edition including a second cd of a concert from the Kill Uncle tour would be a good idea. The live arrangements of the Kill Uncle songs would make a great counterpart to the studio recordings.

All I've heard about as being unreleased from Kill Uncle was a song TITLED Kill Uncle that allegedly was never finished. Would you be able to tell us how much is left unspoken for? If not, I completely understand, I was just curious :blushing:
A Kill Uncle tour CD alone as an official release would be magnificent, maybe even better received than a reissue of the studio album (although I'd still prefer a legacy edition).

Ideally if Morrissey wasn't happy with the way the album came out, but if he still likes the songs, he could re-record the album with his new band and a new producer. It has been done with other artists in the past... However in the current context I don't think any record label would pay for this kind of thing anymore...

I can't imagine Morrissey would ever do this. It seems like it would be too much of a "look back into the past," something which as we know from his references into the Smiths, he's not too fond of. Also, I feel that because he's Morrissey, he'll catch a whole lot of shit from the music press about "having nothing new" and "having to continually draw on his past releases for profit" etc etc. I think if Morrissey was going to re-record any of his material, it certainly WOULDN'T be Kill Uncle. Remastering would be far more likely.

kill uncle plays like a musical to me.

maybe more like an opera. whether you end it with tony the pony or not.

Back
Top Bottom