Killjoy, spoilers, rampant speculation, beware, use caution. Which track on the album is weakest?

Killjoy, spoilers, rampant speculation, beware, use caution. Which track on the album is weakest?

• Total voters
Re: Killjoy, spoilers, rampant speculation, beware, use caution. Which track on the album is weakes

DO NOT get it, and won't ever get it. Earth Is The Loneliest Planet is instant classic Moz for me, and always will be.

Same here. Very catchy tune.

Title song is like nails on a blackboard to my ears.

Re: Killjoy, spoilers, rampant speculation, beware, use caution. Which track on the album is weakes

Can't decide between Bullfighter, Smiler and Mountjoy. All kind of alright, but just a wee bit boring.

Thanks for the link.

You'll enjoy this thread.

I like Earth Is The Loneliest Planet, the lyrics may be typical Moz but its what he does best and its one of the catchiest songs on the album.

As for the weakest track its a tie between The Bullfighter Dies and Kick the Bride, but with Bullfighter its more the production thats the problem than the song itself whereas Bride is just a bad song (though I like the "Stretch of the beach" line). Include Chiccarelli's original "rock" cut of Bullfighter and replace Bride with Art-hounds and the album would be near perfection.

Thanks for making these various polls, btw. I quite enjoy them.

I can't participate here but I won't disagree with the consensus that 'Earth Is The Loneliest Planet' is the weakest.

I am, however, utterly shocked (even if it's for a troll) that people voted for 'Staircase At The University', that transcends my comprehension.

"Earth" is not a bad song. The undercurrent here is some are jolted and turned off by this Spanish sound. Most of that is legitimate criticism. But some of it has a racist hint, in the same way some people will never like Obama because he is African-American.

I voted for “Earth Is The Loneliest Planet”. I do not hate, or even dislike, any songs on the record....but if I have to pick, it’s that one. I’m not really a song skipper...I’m big on listening to the album as an album, for what that’s worth.

It’s still stuck in my head most of the time though (“there’s a song I can’t stand and it’s stuck in my head...”) and my 8 year old has been constantly humming it while walking around the house.

^^^^
Taking that advice or approach. _____ amount of listens all the way through before I skip. Hope "Smiler" and "Mountjoy" will grow on me. I'm doubtful but you never know...

When I'm listening to a song I'm also sort of seeing the notes too in a way? In that respect World Peace Is None Of a Your Business is visually a boring song. He goes down a scale and back up again then down a little and back up a little. Then down a lot then back up a lot. It just reminds me of a kiddie coaster, it's very symmetrical and predictable. Having said that it gets stuck in my head all the time, but every other song in the album is more interesting to listen to as far as the notes and sounds go. And I believe in voting. :o

I'm still cuddling you in my brain even though I'm on the couch tonight babes.

When I'm listening to a song I'm also sort of seeing the notes too in a way? In that respect World Peace Is None Of a Your Business is visually a boring song.

I see the notes too, but I must disagree with you that it is a visually boring song. It is visually exciting IMO. The guitars are like a shower of shimmering sparks to me, akin to a firework. I love the song because of this.

"Earth" is not a bad song. The undercurrent here is some are jolted and turned off by this Spanish sound. Most of that is legitimate criticism. But some of it has a racist hint, in the same way some people will never like Obama because he is African-American.

What a crock.

The backing track, the music, on Mountjoy is really plodding, clunky, boring, and uninspired. Those who like it. Why?

Is there a thread for weakest track on the bonus disc? I feel like causing some trouble :)

For the love of God, marred, post it before !VH! does

For the love of God, marred, post it before !VH! does

I don't know how. I'm just a stupid artist with an ego that needs attention.

World Peace for me definitely. Lyrically it's far too adolescent and the melody isn't much better. Istanbul is strongest I think.

I like the hint of "Atmosphere" by Joy Division on the title track...pretty sure it comes from a synthesizer but it sounds like a jingle...bells like that would come from a percussion instrument.

Edit: Could a harp make this sound?

Last edited:

The backing track, the music, on Mountjoy is really plodding, clunky, boring, and uninspired. Those who like it. Why?

I think it's possibly got the best lyrics on the album, along with Smiler With Knife. I understand that it isn't a party anthem or Staircase, but I think the music works perfectly with the lyrics!

Amen to Mountjoy!

Ironically it is a single, Earth Is The Loneliest Planet.

I really love the line "Earth is the loneliest planet of all; Live with a loneliness that no one else knows". However, it's weak/average overall.

Back
Top Bottom