Kiss Me A Lot - video unofficial

Re: Kiss Me A Lot - MORRISSEY - Video Unofficial

works much better with the volume on mute

You must have a very empty life to devote so much time bashing an album that came out over a month ago.

You must have a very empty life to devote so much time bashing an album that came out over a month ago.

I'm not bashing the album, I'm commenting on the video of the song. The song is shite squared and the video doesn't do anything to change that.

Using footage of people kissing to a song called 'Kiss Me A Lot'? Um, ok....

Excellent BG!

I remember years ago you telling me that Cinema Paradiso was one of your fave films. Would you believe this scene you used for your video was EXACTLY what I had in mind when I was brainstorming ideas for a video?

The only thing that would make it better would be if there were some same sexes kisses as well.

Great job. Like how you used the music from the film to close the video.

:tiphat: Well done. I think it fits the song perfectly.

This is great, BG! Really nice, smooth job with the edits.

A film within a film within a film. Nice. It was ambitious to take a feature length film, keep the narrative thread, and do it in 4 minutes. The middle aged man in the theater is the little boy. Also, subtle nice edit there where the Priest had already blown the whistle (hence the paper over the film for the first kiss). Pretty seamless transitions. A love letter to "Cinema Paradiso" (very ROTT era, all that Italian stuff) and Moz. Thumb up!

Excellent BG!

I remember years ago you telling me that Cinema Paradiso was one of your fave films. Would you believe this scene you used for your video was EXACTLY what I had in mind when I was brainstorming ideas for a video?

The only thing that would make it better would be if there were some same sexes kisses as well.

Great job. Like how you used the music from the film to close the video.

Thanks Jehne! If you do one, please use lots of scenes from "Blue Is the Warmest Color" :D

related:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...emed-films-really-really-really-blew-you-away

Ooo yeah! Wow. That would be something special eh? It would be great to pull from all those LGBT films, actually.

Absolutely. I stayed really self-contained in the world of "Cinema Paradiso" and did not venture outside the film but I had lots of ideas about how to do the intro because the kissing montage is 3 minutes long and the song is over 4 minutes long. I decided to set up the priest, the old man...the projectionist, and the little boy, so I could have some context for what I would call the second sequence. Had I more time, I would have broken into a third sequence with different kisses, some from those LGBT films. I know they could have been intertwined with the "Cinema Paradiso" montage but I did not want to mess with it, because I like it just as it is. The third sequence would have been a clear and clean break and all those kisses would have come from more modern films that are all filmed in color...

^^^^^
So do I. I also like still photos of people kissing at the Eiffel Tower, a soldier coming home from WWII, the couple in Vancouver that were knocked to the ground after a riot broke out following a professional ice hockey game (used to be my signature, but my signatures change nearly as frequently as train departure postings at Grand Central Station), etc.

Kissing sculptures are nice as well...

450px-%27The_Kiss%27%2C_Auguste_Rodin_frontal.jpg

This is my favorite kiss on film...

Last edited by a moderator:

One of my favorite kissing scenes, though it needs the context of the rest of the movie.

^^^ Still one of my fave films all these years later. Great scene. :)

Another great (fun) kissing scene...

It's not a terrible song. But there are two things I really don't like:
- the way moz sings "yehhhhhhhh" instead of you. Reminds me of paul mccartney trying to sound cool.
- the melody on the "yehhhhh" and "kiss me all over again". He's used variations of that Spanish melody so many times. Uses it on this album on earth is... I don't mind the Spanish influenced music but when moz tries Spanish melodies it always comes out sounding the same... And a bit shit...

But I like it more with your video. It really works.

Back
Top Bottom