Knitted Morrissey Calendar

Considering what I normally pay for calendars at home and work, $20 doesn't seem steep, especially as it is for charitable contribution. I know it might be high for some though.

Any form is good for me, Kate. A desk calendar sounds like a good idea. I'd probably rather not have to print one myself, as it's a huge ink eater and I use cheap ink so everything comes out looking rough.

Having been introduced to Mini Moz by both Lori and Kate, I can safely say that it will be lovely!! Count me in for one, please.

I think it is a wonderful idea!!! Would love to have one!!:)

I'd happily pay $20, especially since it's for charity.

Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm for the idea. We now have several options to consider and hopefully we can find a format and cost that will make most of you happy. In the meantime, please feel free to add more suggestions, questions and trivial natter to the thread. :)

I say you make folk order and pay upfront... selling in October for a December delivery, that way, you can order more exact numbers and ensure you're not left in financial ruin.

I'd buy £30 worth in the hope that it would get me 2 calendars plus the winning knitted Moz doll and that the money goes to an animal rights charity!:thumb:

If someone in the State can be a volunteer for finding a printer and taking care of P & P, postage can be cut down.

I think this would be brilliant and unique so would buy a couple for non-Solo friends too if they were pre-printed - count me in!x

I have a couple of Moz loving friends' birthdays coming up so might buy a couple :)

Cafe Press is your best bet if you can't afford to stump up the cash yourself to get them printed.

Experience tells me that people are full of it, they say they want one and then don't want to part with the cash when it is time. It is the way it is I'm afraid - people are bad.

I do like your idea - you could consider a Mid year calendar June - May. Also maybe consider a perpetual calendar - then you can use it forever!

Cafe Press is your best bet if you can't afford to stump up the cash yourself to get them printed.

Experience tells me that people are full of it, they say they want one and then don't want to part with the cash when it is time. It is the way it is I'm afraid - people are bad.

I do like your idea - you could consider a Mid year calendar June - May. Also maybe consider a perpetual calendar - then you can use it forever!

I share your concerns. I like the Cafepress idea a little more now that I see they do substantial discounts for relatively small quantities; if we had one person in the UK placing an order on behalf of all UK/Europe buyers and one doing the same in the USA, then posting the calendars on, that would bring the price down quite a bit.

However, we think we may have found yet more Vistaprint discounts so that's certainly still in the running.

I spotted some poster calendars which we could get done for a couple of pounds each, but the packaging costs would negate the benefits.

I'm now trying to get together list of photographic ideas/settings to suit each month and would welcome suggestions, especially for those months that don't have an obvious seasonal theme . Remember that Lori and I are in England and it's April, so we can't come up with realistic snow scenes (I hope! :eek:) or reconstructions of Death Valley.

I'm now trying to get together list of photographic ideas/settings to suit each month and would welcome suggestions, especially for those months that don't have an obvious seasonal theme . Remember that Lori and I are in England and it's April, so we can't come up with realistic snow scenes (I hope! :eek:) or reconstructions of Death Valley.

BUMP! Come on, get your Frink hats on! :p

You could use reconstructions of "iconic" images.
For example lounging on the bonnet of a sports car. (anyone got a spare model car?)

Or a gardening scene, helping out with the flowers,
Or sunbathing on the lawn
Or "onstage" in the priest's outfit
Or playing games on the beach
Or supping a warm drink in "Christmas" jumper
Or a casual pose with a couple of "Fans"
Or mooching about a cemetery

Remember that Lori and I are in England and it's April, so we can't come up with realistic snow scenes (I hope! :eek:) or reconstructions of Death Valley.

Jump into my freezer before i defrost it - it's an icy hell in there.

The spring ones with flowers and ferns will be super cool. The autumn ones could be similar but with leaves instead... there's surely enough cstumes - rock star with mike, sailor man with possy, priesty boy with 'good book' to fill the rest of the calendar. I can't wait to see it!

Will we be paying by paypal?:)

Well, Kate you may not have access to Death Valley, but someone here must. And, for instance, I live ten minutes' drive away from the beach used in the Certain People I Know Video. Could you dispatch knitted Moz dolls to trusted accomplices for photo shoots? I'd send him right back.

Death Valley could be mocked up on any rocky, sandy beach.

Well, Kate you may not have access to Death Valley, but someone here must. And, for instance, I live ten minutes' drive away from the beach used in the Certain People I Know Video. Could you dispatch knitted Moz dolls to trusted accomplices for photo shoots? I'd send him right back.

Death Valley could be mocked up on any rocky, sandy beach.

Know your game - i've considered that approach too... send them right back:blushing: - as if *wink, wink*. ;)
Trust nobody TCM, trust nobody!!:p:lbf::lbf:

Right devious lot, you are! :lbf:

You could use reconstructions of "iconic" images.
For example lounging on the bonnet of a sports car. (anyone got a spare model car?)

Or a gardening scene, helping out with the flowers,
Or sunbathing on the lawn
Or "onstage" in the priest's outfit
Or playing games on the beach
Or supping a warm drink in "Christmas" jumper
Or a casual pose with a couple of "Fans"
Or mooching about a cemetery

I took "Father Steven" for a shoot down at the village cemetery yesterday. :)

And I carbooted last week and found something that would pass as bedroom furniture.....;)

Back
Top Bottom