Knitted Morrissey Calendar

The Cat's Mother

Unmentionable
As per the Frink Thread, Facebook and LiveJournal, there would seem to be some interest in the idea of a 2011 charity calendar featuring frinky photographs of my knitted Morrissey dolls.

There are two main options; printed and downloadable. A printed calendar requires considerable outlay to fund the production and even a few calenders left unsold would render the whole thing unviable as a fundraising venture, so we'd need your commitment well in advance. Lori is presently researching print costs. Remember there'd be your p&p (from the UK to wherever you are) to pay on that, too. However, the calendar would be professionally printed and bound.

A downloadable calendar avoids the print and delivery costs but buyers have to print and bind the item themselves. Obviously, the download would be cheaper to the consumer than a ready-printed calendar. To offset the problem of filesharing, I would support the project with a free knitted doll raffle entry for each purchase, subject to a minimum number of sales.

Thoughts, comments, ideas?

Kate

if i'm not entirely broke at the time i would buy one. i'd probably be more inclined to purchase a ready-printed copy because i'm lazy and my printer is crap.

my purchase would also depend on what the money is going towards i suppose. if you're supporting some organization that's fighting for the right to throw babies off skyscrapers, i might think twice about buying your calendar.

Last edited by a moderator:
if i'm not entirely broke at the time i would buy one. i'd probably be more inclined to purchase a ready-printed copy because i'm lazy and my printer is crap.

my purchase would also depend on what the money is going towards i suppose. if you're support some kind of organization that's fighting for the right to throw babies off skyscrapers, i might think twice about buying your calendar.

Darn it! That was my favourite charity! Well, if I can't support cherub-chucking, I reckon it'll be SLC and/or an animal charity.

I favour a ready-printed calendar too, but for me it involves personal financial risk which is why I'm a tad leery of it.

The idea of a pre printed/bound one appeals to me more, because i'm lazy when it comes to techie things. :blushing:

how about slc/peta as the charity. ?
a decent calendar is gonna cost around £10 anyways, so im sure we could find a printers prepared to run off however many we need and within this price frame.

The idea of a pre printed/bound one appeals to me more, because i'm lazy when it comes to techie things. :blushing:

how about slc/peta as the charity. ?
a decent calendar is gonna cost around £10 anyways, so im sure we could find a printers prepared to run off however many we need and within this price frame.

There are lots of tempting headline prices, but the shine wears off as the print gets smaller. We need to know what people are prepared to shell out, I think. Those little desk calendars, for example, are a lot cheaper than an A4 wall job (Can I say "wall job"? Sounds rude.) with room for notes.

A knitted calendar? How does that work? Do you have to sew it onto the wall?

i wouldn't donate to peta. that's just me though. i'd prefer some small animal shelter.

I'd buy at least 2. One for me and one for a friend who doesn't post here.

I'd prefer the printed version because my printer is always out of ink.

I'd buy two as well. The printed version would be great, however, I'd purchase the download if that was the only option.

And the knitted doll raffle is a super idea!

I think you can upload the files to a service like Zazzle and set up a purchase price that includes a share back to you. Then anyone can buy one and have it printed and shipped directly to their own address, and you'll automatically get a portion of the price to donate.

Also Cafepress. They do that too.

It might work well, if there is no expense to you, if you set it up with one UK-based service and one US-based service to avoid half of us paying crazy shipping fees.

Other than that, I'm ok with paying you via Paypal, or showing you a donation receipt for the charity you choose, in exchange for a download link.

Thank you!

A knitted calendar? How does that work? Do you have to sew it onto the wall?

Yes.

i wouldn't donate to peta. that's just me though. i'd prefer some small animal shelter.

Peta might be a bit controversial for some, I suppose. WSPCA or the CPL come to mind. Or one of the little battery hen rescue places. Or East Yorkshire Ferret Rescue - they get bitten a lot so they get my sympathy vote. :D

This is a great idea! I would prefer not to print it myself as my printer is rubbish. I would buy 2. :thumb:

I think you can upload the files to a service like Zazzle and set up a purchase price that includes a share back to you. Then anyone can buy one and have it printed and shipped directly to their own address, and you'll automatically get a portion of the price to donate.

Also Cafepress. They do that too.

It might work well, if there is no expense to you, if you set it up with one UK-based service and one US-based service to avoid half of us paying crazy shipping fees.

Other than that, I'm ok with paying you via Paypal, or showing you a donation receipt for the charity you choose, in exchange for a download link.

Thank you!

This sounds frighteningly sensible. I'll check it out. Thank you. :)

EDIT: Zazzle don't seem to do calendars, but Cafepress do. For a page-per-month wall calendar, it would seem to be £15/$20, which is a little above the anticipated budget, but I'll see what people think. :)

Last edited:
Kodak gallery are pretty good for calendars (wait,it's only bloody APRIL!).
And remember to use a cashback site !

They had a 50% off sale last week too.
Pretty sure all the calendar printers have them around this time of year.
I mean who gets a calendar printed in APRIL?!
:p

Kodak gallery are pretty good for calendars (wait,it's only bloody APRIL!).
And remember to use a cashback site !

They had a 50% off sale last week too.
Pretty sure all the calendar printers have them around this time of year.
I mean who gets a calendar printed in APRIL?!
:p

That's true - the printer's'll be hungry for business. And I'll check for discounts via my Quidco account. Thanks for the reminder. :thumb:

Any form is good for me, Kate. A desk calendar sounds like a good idea. I'd probably rather not have to print one myself, as it's a huge ink eater and I use cheap ink so everything comes out looking rough.

Having been introduced to Mini Moz by both Lori and Kate, I can safely say that it will be lovely!! Count me in for one, please.

Last edited:
This sounds frighteningly sensible. I'll check it out. Thank you. :)

EDIT: Zazzle don't seem to do calendars, but Cafepress do. For a page-per-month wall calendar, it would seem to be £15/$20, which is a little above the anticipated budget, but I'll see what people think. :)

Considering what I normally pay for calendars at home and work, $20 doesn't seem steep, especially as it is for charitable contribution. I know it might be high for some though.

I think it is a wonderful idea!!! Would love to have one!!:)

Back
Top Bottom