"Knockabout World" released on YouTube / streaming platforms (Feb. 21, 2020)

Much better than the rockabilly twang rock over and over. the new musicians contribute fresh ideas for music and they are the best band morrissey has had.

The well has run dry. It's all just fluff now...
At least with the last two albums there was some effort to the lyrics, some effort to say something striking.
Now that's gone too. How sad. But time breaks us all.
Agree. He is just lazy now. Anyone could have written those lyrics. He put that shit together on the way to the studio.

He’s been sacked.
It’s just that Steve can’t find anyone to communicate the message to him. :laughing:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
He'll keep showing up but will no longer be receiving a paycheck. Morrissey likes to avoid confrontation whenever possible.

Last edited:
He’s been sacked.
It’s just that Steve can’t find anyone to communicate the message to him. :laughing:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
Perhaps he doesn't own a car on whose windscreen a note can be stuck?

What set Morrissey apart from everyone else was his lyrics. Lots of artists have great voices but very few can write great, life altering lyrics. Let's face it, be honest. Most of us could have easily written those lyrics. He is no longer special or iconic.

What set Morrissey apart from everyone else was his lyrics. Lots of artists have great voices but very few can write great, life altering lyrics. Let's face it, be honest. Most of us could have easily written those lyrics. He is no longer special or iconic.

You seem to be angry, and letting off steam by posting complaints
which I guess is healthy.
But where else can you go with it? I don’t see any benefit beyond that. I mean, you’re definitely not changing anyone’s mind here, for most seem to be enjoying his new direction, and living for today.

You seem to be angry, and letting off steam by posting complaints
which I guess is healthy.
But where else can you go with it? I don’t see any benefit beyond that. I mean, you’re definitely not changing anyone’s mind here, for most seem to be enjoying his new direction, and living for today.
And he’s slagged the Thompson Twins off, to the gallows with you Mr Ray....

He's still an iconic, legendary artist. You're a nobody that wants to be a special boy. If you could have written those lyrics then do it and let's see what you come up with

Love it. Reminds me of Terry Hall post-Specials.

It’s like viva hate and maladjusted had a baby. It’s got the rhythmic foundation of its mother and the warm melodic tones of its papa

As it seems to be an anthem which he’d love to hear sung back at him at the moment, I suspect Knockabout will open the forthcoming gigs.

I still remember buying Erasure’s Wild LP, and thinking it was better than Sgt Pepper. And it was. Kind of.

Sarcasm >>> Yes, Erasure have made lots of records that are better than A Day in the Life. <<< Sarcasm

Sarcasm ^

Sarcasm >>> Yes, Erasure have made lots of records that are better than A Day in the Life. <<< Sarcasm

Sarcasm ^
At Blues nightclub, Ashton Under Lyne, midnight, any Saturday in the 90s, the sarcasm would be wasted. As would the clientele.

As it seems to be an anthem which he’d love to hear sung back at him at the moment, I suspect Knockabout will open the forthcoming gigs.

I think I'll be singing it to myself after some of the horrible things people have said to me on this site. :p

Morrissey has had sex with the Pet Shop Boys! Wow, it must have been good because this song is great! Easily the best song of the three! I play it on repeat..…..a song to get excited about. Does anyone else here this song in the Morrissey track? They even both have trumpet.

Last edited:
Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom