Lady Gaga pulls out of cover project - Depeche Mode songwriter looses half a million

The Seeker of Good Songs

Lady Gaga to record Depeche Mode's 'People are people' "I didn't know 'they' existed"

From our US correspondent Olivia Roy. In an interview with the USA radio station QMS Radio, American recording artist Lady Gaga has said she wants to record a cover of Depeche Mode's 1984 hit song "People are people" adding "I could really give it the melody it never had". Right. 24-year old Lady Gaga (real name Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta - that was a mouthful), who wasn't even born when the Depeche Mode track was released, has been inspired by the many mash-ups between Depeche Mode and some of her songs that are floating on the Internet. So she says: "I spend literally hours on YouTube each day checking what people post about me, reading the comments and so on. And I was so surprised that many Depeche Mode fans appeared to be Lady Gaga fans. I didn't know the band existed until I saw a mash-up of 'Paparazzi' with 'Just Can't Get Enough'. I advise everyone to check out Depeche Mode, they are so underrated."

However, we advise miss Gaga to do some fact checking before she takes a shot at a Depeche Mode classic. In the same interview she namely appears to believe that Vince Clarke (Erasure) is still part of the band: "I'm a huge fan of Erasure and it was so funny when I heard that Vince is also a part of Depeche Mode! It's so unlike his Erasure sound!" So how did she end up choosing "People are people"? Simple: "My manager choose the song for me, he knows things so much better." Ok... well, you all know what to expect: an Erasure version of "People are people". That promises to be funny!

It's not the first time Germanotta hunts for covers. When she initially signed with Def Jam Recordings at the age of 19 (although she was dropped from Def Jam 3 months later) they introduced her to songwriter and producer RedOne, with whom she produced "Boys Boys Boys", a mash-up inspired by Mötley Crüe's "Girls, Girls, Girls" and AC/DC's "T.N.T.".

from: http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=44667_0_2_0_C

Re: Lady Gaga to record Depeche Mode's 'People are people' "I didn't know 'they' exis

And it will outsell the original by a factor of 100. Gore will be laughing his way to the bank.

Hopefully she'll do some New Order next.

Re: Lady Gaga to record Depeche Mode's 'People are people' "I didn't know 'they' exis

she annoys the crap out of me anymore...DM "underrated"? maybe by the tween set. how can you be THAT huge in the music business and be that completely f***ing clueless. Granted, DM hasn't been popular in most of her adult life, and she was on "serious drugs" for some of that time, but c'mon. I detect bullshit.

And in the interviews I've seen her give she comes across as such a pompous know it all about things. Pompous in the "Madonna's got a British accent now" way. (my nephew and his friends, as well as my niece, all think she's the greatest thing EVER in pop culture. There's such a void there, it had to be filled, I guess).

Here's me. Not caring. :straightface:

Martin Gore has a lot in common with Gaga. He was deliberately outraging people by dressing up as a woman long before Gaga got the idea.

martin_gore.jpg

What?

I can't stand Lady Gaga, she's so damn annoying.

Hopefully she'll do Playboy next. :pray:

From our US correspondent Olivia Roy. In an interview with the USA radio station QMS Radio, American recording artist Lady Gaga has said she wants to record a cover of Depeche Mode's 1984 hit song "People are people" adding "I could really give it the melody it never had". Right.

from: http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=44667_0_2_0_C

The melody it never had? I love her but Gaga is showing her greenness here. Depeche Mode is popular but still widely under-appreciated still. I prefer her to do something more prone to her "Monster pseudo-goth" aesthetic like " Master and Servant" or "StrangeLove". I am excited to hear it though.

I'm sure they welcome it. Depressed Mode needs her more than she needs them; that's for sure.

for the moment.
this is Lady Gaga's 15 minutes and counting
and DM's on how many decades now?

for the moment.
this is Lady Gaga's 15 minutes and counting
and DM's on how many decades now?

yeah but do you really count the last couple?

From our US correspondent Olivia Roy. In an interview with the USA radio station QMS Radio, American recording artist Lady Gaga has said she wants to record a cover of Depeche Mode's 1984 hit song "People are people" adding "I could really give it the melody it never had". Right. 24-year old Lady Gaga (real name Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta - that was a mouthful), who wasn't even born when the Depeche Mode track was released, has been inspired by the many mash-ups between Depeche Mode and some of her songs that are floating on the Internet. So she says: "I spend literally hours on YouTube each day checking what people post about me, reading the comments and so on. And I was so surprised that many Depeche Mode fans appeared to be Lady Gaga fans. I didn't know the band existed until I saw a mash-up of 'Paparazzi' with 'Just Can't Get Enough'. I advise everyone to check out Depeche Mode, they are so underrated."

lol. seriously

I can't stand Lady Gaga, she's so damn annoying.

I can't stand Depeche Mode.They're so damn annoying.

didnt she say she likes morrissey too?
so if a smiths/moz cover ever happen,what song will she most likely cover i wonder...

I'm sure they welcome it. Depressed Mode needs her more than she needs them; that's for sure.

That is absolute nonsense. :rolleyes:

She's been in the music industry for 2 years and know she is an expert. The most annoying musician ever.

which Morrissey song would she cover? why this musical genuis'll just get her " manager choose the song for me, he knows things so much better."

Back
Top Bottom