Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Aug. 28, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Never Had No One Ever (solo debut) / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Alma Matters / What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (live debut) / Satan Rejected My Soul/ The Lazy Sunbathers (live debut) / Knockabout World (live debut) / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / This Night Has Opened My Eyes (solo debut) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Lady Willpower / Trouble Loves Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of dogged perseverance & Carlos Rodriguez.

• Merchandise booth photo posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @HoIdenMorrissey / Twitter. Link posted by NealCassidy.

• Photo posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

• Steve Cochran - backdrop star identified by Famous when dead:

• Photos from dneur / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead:

Media item:

Last edited:
What is the problem with that song? it is an absolutely brilliant and fantastic track
Utterly dull top 40 garbage. Of all the songs he has! Such a boring safe choice. And the covers? Terrible.

After watching a few Clips from Vegas, I don't want to spoil the soup and I also try to keep in mind, that at 62, Morrissey has visibly paid a high price for his difficult character and has personally been through a lot, by his standards. He still has charisma on stage but his radius and his appeal to the fans is getting smaller. You can see a certain insecurity in him. No matter how loudly the people in Vegas shout and rave, one wrong heckle would ruin everything. The man has learned the hard way and needs to be present on stage to survive. Chicago is the baptism of fire for me.
Does Morrissey belong in Chicago with that Riot Lineup? To be discussed at a later date!!

Very good setlist with an amazing live debuts , great performances, He's in good shape, great to see Alain back on stage with Morrissey . It only remains a great regret that I could not be there :cry:

I didn't like this version of Jack the ripper. I didn't feel it. 😡 Not exciting.

I seriously don’t understand what some of you people want. It’s baffling to me. I am glad I still feel overjoyed to see him on everyone’s recordings and hear everything I did.

How about Morrissey playing some of his greatest songs - some of the greatest songs ever written? That's what I want. I was eagerly awaiting this set list and seriously considering flying in the next weekend, since there are tickets left, but not with this setlist. 3 lesser Smiths songs and 4 covers? No thanks!

Get there early, just watch what others do and follow suit.
Thanks for the reply! I’ll do that then. I’ve been front row once at another venue and know how it worked back then but wasn’t sure if it would be different this time. Sounds like not really lol. I’ll be sure to get there early. Thanks again!!

How can you even compare those bands (as much as they have accomplished) with the most iconic british singer, lyricists , that has graced this planets nicest venues in our lifetime.. This is a gentleman that obviously gets better as he ages, can you say that about the bands you mentioned or anyone . Just saying.
In terms of recorded music, Morrissey vies for greatness with The Bee Gees, The Beatles, Frankie Valli, OMD, Pink Floyd, Teddy Pendergrass, New Order, Simply Red, The Stone Roses and Bryan Ferry in my collection.

Over the past 4-5 years I’ve seen Morrissey, Valli, New Order, The Roses, James, The Happy Mondays, B&S, OMD, Imagine Dragons, Palace, Elbow, New Order and Bryan Ferry amongst others. As far as live performances go, Morrissey is being left behind by the other artists who are fully recognising and embracing the fresh importance of theatre and ‘liveness’ (epitomised by Guy Garvey effortlessly singing like silk whilst waltzing with a streaker).

Morrissey has perhaps always left it to chance, but he’s now starting to look a little exposed in a live context—particularly when he’s trying to pass off crap like Paris as gold. Let’s say in word and deed, on stage, he’s now struggling to reach the high notes.

After watching a few Clips from Vegas, I don't want to spoil the soup and I also try to keep in mind, that at 62, Morrissey has visibly paid a high price for his difficult character and has personally been through a lot, by his standards. He still has charisma on stage but his radius and his appeal to the fans is getting smaller. You can see a certain insecurity in him. No matter how loudly the people in Vegas shout and rave, one wrong heckle would ruin everything. The man has learned the hard way and needs to be present on stage to survive. Chicago is the baptism of fire for me.
Yes, I could see a level of insecurity in the videos. I saw it up close in 2020.

Thanks for the reply! I’ll do that then. I’ve been front row once at another venue and know how it worked back then but wasn’t sure if it would be different this time. Sounds like not really lol. I’ll be sure to get there early. Thanks again!!

Yes, if others are moving up early then there’s less chance anyone will complain to you. If people don’t move up before the intro videos or lights go down, most likely there’ll be a small surge forward when the lights do go down. Have a great time, as I’m sure you will ! :thumb:

He shook some hands but obviously someone tried to jump on stage in the end, they shouldn't, any more.
That said, watching the clips on youtube one has got the idea of how much there was drama in that evening, a rush of danger, it is obvious that his main ambition has always been to be the Morrissey of our generations, still singing in his own way til the end like all the great male crooners. Who knows, I've Changed my plea to guilty might become an alternative %y Way ;)

I am a statistics geek. For comparison purposes during lockdown I tallied songs I’d heard from Morrissey in the 39 shows I’ve seen since October 2012 and compared the tally to the songs I heard at 32 shows I saw from U2 from 1987 to 2009. Somewhere around my 30th Moz show I’d already heard TWICE as many songs in his catalog than I’d ever heard by U2 over 30+ years. For those complaining about variety you’re off your heads. It’s never the same show twice, which is why I keep going.

Last night was however the first show I did not hear EDILS. Somewhat surprised by that but happy with the variety we got otherwise.

I like the covers, especially Lady Willpower. I think he chose them not only because he liked the artist or songs but because they suit his voice. I also think the INADOAC songs suit his voice incredibly well. IMO this and the last tour are the strongest his voice has been in the short time I’ve seen him. I expected him to be rusty last night given the long break but he wasn’t at all. I was close enough to hear him off mic a few times and it is incredible. I can’t fathom what video clips people saw to say anything else, but it wasn’t the show I saw.

Looking forward to 4 more!

preshow videos I remember: tiny Tim tiptoe through the tulips, GoA Shum, Billy you’re my friend Gene Pitney, the sound of the crowd human league, fade to grey visage.

I am a statistics geek. For comparison purposes during lockdown I tallied songs I’d heard from Morrissey in the 39 shows I’ve seen since October 2012 and compared the tally to the songs I heard at 32 shows I saw from U2 from 1987 to 2009. Somewhere around my 30th Moz show I’d already heard TWICE as many songs in his catalog than I’d ever heard by U2 over 30+ years. For those complaining about variety you’re off your heads. It’s never the same show twice, which is why I keep going.

Last night was however the first show I did not hear EDILS. Somewhat surprised by that but happy with the variety we got otherwise.

I like the covers, especially Lady Willpower. I think he chose them not only because he liked the artist or songs but because they suit his voice. I also think the INADOAC songs suit his voice incredibly well. IMO this and the last tour are the strongest his voice has been in the short time I’ve seen him. I expected him to be rusty last night given the long break but he wasn’t at all. I was close enough to hear him off mic a few times and it is incredible. I can’t fathom what video clips people saw to say anything else, but it wasn’t the show I saw.

preshow videos I remember: tiny Tim tiptoe through the tulips, GoA Shum, Billy you’re my friend Gene Pitney, the sound of the crowd human league, fade to grey visage.
Good point.....EDILS finally got left off, for another track....great job

I watched the first half of the concert. Very much liked the choice of songs, and so far, especially Satan was a highlight.

Yes, if others are moving up early then there’s less chance anyone will complain to you. If people don’t move up before the intro videos or lights go down, most likely there’ll be a small surge forward when the lights do go down. Have a great time, as I’m sure you will ! :thumb:
Thank u so much! I’m so excited!! :D

I like the covers, especially Lady Willpower. I think he chose them not only because he liked the artist or songs but because they suit his voice. I also think the INADOAC songs suit his voice incredibly well. IMO this and the last tour are the strongest his voice has been in the short time I’ve seen him.

I expected him to be rusty last night given the long break but he wasn’t at all. I was close enough to hear him off mic a few times and it is incredible.
I can’t fathom what video clips people saw to say anything else, but it wasn’t the show I saw.

:thumb:

Thank you !

So:
Paul Jones - Thinking Ain't For Me
EddieCochran - C'mon Everybody
Go_A - Shum
Tiny Tim - Tiptoe Through the Tulips
Gene Pitney - Billy You're My Friend
Human League - The Sound Of The Crowd
Visage - Fade To Grey.
So far.

The intermission music collection may get an update yet...
FWD.

To put it in perspective, P&O...this was his first gig in how many months? ...and with a new band. Bound to be some anxiety in there, regardless of the number of years performing under his belt, which might adversely affect a 1st gig.
I think his, & the band's, performance was very good indeed, all things considered.
A triumphant return to Vegas, after all that has been, I would perhaps imagine a little differently. Again, he's older now and he's been through a lot but I've seen him so many times in the last 23 years, when he was looking for more interaction with the audience and didn't seem as insecure as he does now (since the Spiegel thing and beyond). He had all the time in the world, to come up with something that everyone will remember. Now we are talking mainly about good old Alain Whyte, standing by his side and two or three gems unpacked for the nostalgics. I would have liked to hear a new song, with which he grabs me again! It may be that this is a process of change but I think it's visible.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom