Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Aug. 28, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Never Had No One Ever (solo debut) / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Alma Matters / What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (live debut) / Satan Rejected My Soul/ The Lazy Sunbathers (live debut) / Knockabout World (live debut) / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / This Night Has Opened My Eyes (solo debut) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Lady Willpower / Trouble Loves Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of dogged perseverance & Carlos Rodriguez.

• Merchandise booth photo posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @HoIdenMorrissey / Twitter. Link posted by NealCassidy.

• Photo posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

• Steve Cochran - backdrop star identified by Famous when dead:

• Photos from dneur / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead:

Media item:

Last edited:
He looked very ill, but was battling through it. The staging is basic & he doesn't work a crowd.

But he picks meaningful backdrops/intros, his voice is beautiful, he's still funny & I love the songs.

Ill? still ?

ART IS NOT A CRIME

And the image of his younger self behind him as he sings ‘Never Had..’? Heart wrenching, to say the least.

So:
Paul Jones - Thinking Ain't For Me
EddieCochran - C'mon Everybody
Go_A - Shum
Tiny Tim - Tiptoe Through the Tulips
Gene Putney - Billy You're My Friend
Human League - The Sound Of The Crowd
Visage - Fade To Grey.
So far.

The intermission music collection may get an update yet...
FWD.

Gene Putney for the win.

In 2021, most of the societies around the globe require from human beings a competitive behaviour: learning, processing, working, communicating, performing... faster and faster. Therefore, our lives have become accelerated to a point of mental and physical health breakdowns: panic disorders, depression, anxiety, high blood pressure, heart attacks... Our bodies, psyches and spirits cannot keep up with so much pressure for speed in everything we do. The world needs slowing down before we all colapse.

There are people here saying that Morrissey's performance on stage should be more "energetic" like such and such artist or band. Well, I disagree.

I love him for his uniqueness.

I just wanted to say, I'm so happy people seem to be enjoying themselves, after a rough year.

It's lovely to hear Alain is happy as I have always heard nice things about him. He's a gent.

I expect as the days continue to pass, the gigs will get better. I did expect it to be slightly more celebratory than it seemed to be. Maybe the last night will be?.
The vegas shows seems to be drawing the more Barry Manlaow type fans if you follow,
The NY shows residency, seemed much more exciting. then again, wha do i know, I wasn't there.

It isn't the best, I agree. I would very much like to hear the live version of This Night, those early Smith songs are extremely precious to me...More so as time rolls on
So you didn't listen to the vids, or read much of this thread, then?
He did 'This Night Has Opened My Eyes'....maybe you should open your own eyes, & ears. It's even mentioned in the set-list :rolleyes: in the opening post.
Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as it pains me to type these words, I agree with just about everything @Hovis Lesley wrote in this thread (though he owes us all an apology for adamantly maintaining in his paranoid COVID rage that these shows would never take place).

Morrissey loves to remind us that "only seals perform," but it wouldn't kill him to inject a bit of energy into the evening regardless of whether or not he feels there's something artificial about the whole thing. The camp and drama --foundational elements of his live peak-- seem to be completely absent and what's left of his stage presence reads as laissez-faire at best and miserably bored at worst.

With a year and a half off and a near-total overhaul of his live band, Morrissey had ample opportunity to arrive in Vegas with a brand new set performed with a refreshed sense of purpose. Instead, the crowd gets more of the same aside from a couple live debuts of material from the band whose legacy he and many here like to pretend he's transcended.

Long gone are the days when a new tour would signal a total shift in the songs he performed -- the Oye Esteban shows in 1999 were completely different from the "shopping for a deal" shows in 2002, the latter being a situation he's seemingly found himself in once again.

It'll be interesting to see if anything special develops as the residency continues, though that never really happened in New York so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I just wanted to say, I'm so happy people seem to be enjoying themselves, after a rough year.

It's lovely to hear Alain is happy as I have always heard nice things about him. He's a gent.

I expect as the days continue to pass, the gigs will get better. I did expect it to be slightly more celebratory than it seemed to be. Maybe the last night will be?.
The vegas shows seems to be drawing the more Barry Manlaow type fans if you follow,
The NY shows residency, seemed much more exciting. then again, wha do i know, I wasn't there.
Looked like a cash grab.
He looked and sounded bored and uninspired.

:straightface:
KILLER SHOW BY MOZ VERY HEARTFELT PERFORMANCE THROUGHOUT(y)
the docile drama llamas out in force(n)
finally found free wi fi in siberiao_O
they 'want to see how the residency progresses' from
their squalid poor dwellings(n)
none in attendance at the ace Moz show, maybe they
can provide the set list 2 months from now:censored:
no signed singles for flipper flog in discogs where they flock:mad:

MEANWHILE MOZ CONTINUES TO WOW THE ECSTATIC VEGAS CROWDS:hammer:

Those who are bitching about the setlist, what setlist would you like to see? Realistically? I think that some people keep expecting the same energy and electricity from Moz concert that they used to get in the 90’s and 00’. But you have to accept that both you and Morrissey have gotten older and it will never be the same anymore.

I didn't think he looked ill or seemed lacking energy at all. I think people may be confusing "being 62 years old" with "being ill".
I thought it was awesome. Are there some songs I'd rather have heard than, say, "Wedding Bell Blues"? Sure. But it was still incredible and he sounded better than I thought he would. Kinda amazed how good he did "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty".

It's hard to capture the feeling and the excitement and the true sound from someone's cell phone video.

Good to see Alain back in the band. He sure looked happy. It was nice to see. He's a good guy.

Side note: Alain and I are friends on Facebook. When my mom died suddenly a couple of years ago, I wanted to make a brief post acknowledging her passing. I didn't think much of it as it was a private moment. A few hours later in the day, out of the blue I see I have a private FB message. It's from Alain Whyte. He took time to send me and my family condolences. He said he was sorry to see my post and wanted to send me and my family sympathy and wished us well. I was so surprised as he didn't have to do that. Alain Whyte, the guy from Morrissey, someone who's music I have really enjoyed stopped and personally mailed me. I was speechless.

I always knew he was a good person.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom